It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egg found in Martian Meteorite

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hey Z, I don't question your thread here. My only question is why did they only find ONE egg? It's so small, and you would think if there is one, there should be more.

I'm just interested in your opinion. Unlike others, I know your background and value every one of your threads.

Thanks Z

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
It seems quite a few people on this thread have been led to believe it's an actual egg in the meteorite. But it's a globule that slightly resembles an egg in shape. Can we please change the thread title to something more accurate before this gets out of hand?

It's not an egg.

It's not my thread but, if I may, I think the title and presentation is appropriate. Beyond that, I know I am not smart enough to say that it is not an egg beyond all doubt.

It could be the first egg from the first chicken on Mars... albeit a little shriveled with time

Stir the human mind and you get better results than locking it away with no elbow room...

Cheers

edit on 9-5-2012 by redoubt because: typo

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Deny ignorance indeed.... but don't question the all knowing Zorgon.

Great idea

So ad hominem is the best you could come up with on this rock? Hmmm kinda supports my point...

Thanks

Do you not believe it's beneficial to provide opposing points of view and/or alternative explanations?

There is a HUGE difference between an educated/informed opposing point of view and a debunk attack on information based solely on a skeptical opinion by a person who has no knowledge nor interest

I am sure any intelligent person on ATS can easily recognize the difference
edit on 9-5-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Please save your little boy logic and juvenile responses for someone with less backbone. Your inference that I'm uninterested, and uneducated is laughable. I'm not the one falling for these ridiculous claims, you are!

Further, my statement above wasn't an attack. it was an alternative explanation for the friggin rock. An educated informed person would be highly skeptical of the conclusion drawn by Chandra Wickramasinghe, as I am.

First off, the good professor insists that those compounds can only be evidence of life. That's complete BS when it's well known that Carbonaceous Chondrites contain those compounds in abundance and they are naturally occuring without the presence of biologic life.

2nd, There is no evidence of life... period. It's an egg shaped rock with Carbon and Oxygen present which is hardly evidence for life.

Get over yourself fool.

edit on 9-5-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Unfortunately, it is posts like yours that represent the great devaluation of ATS over the years. No longer do we simply disagree, we have to reduce to name calling.

It's you call but... i would suggest a less caustic approach.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
HOAX

Just kidding! Tres cool.

I want an autopsy.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
is it too hard to understand the difference between lacking information

The reason many of us come here to ATS is because we seek information... So when information is presented, why do so many debunkers feel the need to attack it rather than take a moment to look at it subjectively? Just read most of the replies so far

Whether or not you lack the info to discuss it, the photo is NOT in question it is real. You only need your eyes to see it is an interesting object worthy of looking at

totally agree: it looks interesting
i didn't contradict that, did i?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It's a shame legitimate independent review will confirm or deny this stuff, but that's the way it goes. Only "selected" in-dependent reviews, and ever worse only "selection" of those reports are publicized.

Bunks, end embarrasingat that.

When will you guys stop making fools out of yourselves?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Damn, finally proof. The dinosaurs werent extinct, they were airlifted to Mars.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by zorgon

Damn, finally proof. The dinosaurs werent extinct, they were airlifted to Mars.

Been thinking about that, but in a more logical way.

Suppose the asteroid impact 65 million years ago, which killed of the dinosaurs is true. That could have ejected material from Earth, all the way to Mars. Let it rest there for a couple of million years, then an impact on Mars could eject the same rock into space, which later would fall back on Earth? Possible ? I think it is. I agree it's far out, but possible.

In fact if the asteroid impact theory is true, then ejected material from Earth, could in theory have "contaminated" every planet/moon in our solar system.

Btw, s+f Zorgon for bringing this interesting photo

edit on 9/5/2012 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
is it too hard to understand the difference between lacking information

The reason many of us come here to ATS is because we seek information... So when information is presented, why do so many debunkers feel the need to attack it rather than take a moment to look at it subjectively? Just read most of the replies so far

Whether or not you lack the info to discuss it, the photo is NOT in question it is real. You only need your eyes to see it is an interesting object worthy of looking at

sorry, after reading some more of your fruitful posts here I felt I had to contribute some thoughts.
1. it's perfectly valid to seek for information
2. how can making a statement about sources being equalled with debunking? Sorry, that's just not a fair argument. You try to put me in a category while I started with the statement that my lack of information doesn't allow me to say anything on the topic. That I call manipulation.
3. who says the photo is not in question? Yeah, it is a photo, that I will not contradict. But that's all I am able to say about it because, again, I lack further information. Information you don't have either. What do you know more about that photo than what it appears on first sight? You wanna go for that, fine, be my guest. I'll take my own way if you don't mind.
4. yep, as i said, i agree: it looks interesting. That's all... it LOOKS interesting.
5. as others - some of them do have more information that I have - pointed out: your title is misleading. I can understand if you are enthusiast by something that appears to be in line with something you obviously want to believe to be the case. I don't have such needs. If proof of life on Mars is found, well, fine, that's an addition to the stuff we know. If it's not found, well, who knows someday we will. Maybe, Maybe not. I really don't care if you don't appreciate my way of dealing with information from the external world. I am a human being thus have limited means of understanding that external reality. I follow my approach. If you feel different, please do so, you are fully entitled to do so.
6. coming down on people whom you feel are not in line with your views is not really helping anyone, is it?

I hope i made a point?
Please don't consider this as a personal attack as I didn't have that intention.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm not surprised that there is life on Mars, at all. I think that the main reason people are so skeptical of life on other planets or moons in our solar system has its roots in the Christian belief system. I remember when I went to a Catholic school, my science professor was adamant that there was not any water on the moon because it would go against the Bible.

Without the Christian belief system, I'm sure that people wouldn't feel so threatened by the fact that life exists all over the place, and is the rule, not the exception.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

"That was pretty great ... thanks for sharing. "

Your Welcome.

( i dont know but i dont think anyone else watched the video,,, lol,,

creepy ,,eh.)

Me.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Your Welcome.

creepy ,,eh.)

Me.

I watched it, and as soon as I saw the meteorite come down I saw it was fake, man, how the HELL can you NOT see that it's CGI?!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spire

here we go again,,,,,,,
wheels inside of wheels,, lol.,,

its creepy i said.

Me.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by spire

here we go again,,,,,,,
wheels inside of wheels,, lol.,,

its creepy i said.

Me.

And now you lost me. Video is fake, 100%.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spire

yes master.

Me.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I don't think there's any problem proving that life once existed on Mars.

In that case what do we find here again? It didnt fly from Earth TO Mars did it? We USED to have alien life, or at least the possibility of it existing on Mars whether microbiological. Meaning it automatically becomes ;alien; by definition. So let's start claiming that it is not possible, that no life exists outside Earth. PLEASE let's start talking like, and this would be why I use a sig, to remind some pseudos too keep their mouth shut.

Now I dont say this proves anything about what ATS exists for i.e Greys or such intelligent forms, but it still means if true, then these is alien biological life by definition that may have existed on Mars, or does the mention of alien and life hurt someone's close mindness?
edit on 9-5-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spire

Your Welcome.

creepy ,,eh.)

Me.

I watched it, and as soon as I saw the meteorite come down I saw it was fake, man, how the HELL can you NOT see that it's CGI?!

I thought it was blatantly faked and that was just understood. If meteor that size hit it would have left a crater that swallowed those two.

He even mentions to her to "pretend ... " and the scene cut.
edit on 9-5-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Bit late but.. The clue is in egg "shaped", for the "hard of understanding".

Just to add yeah, looks great and yeah, Mars, life, I'm down with that, million years ago maybe.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
That egg shaped "rock" is bigger than a paper flea's egg or even bigger than a lice egg for that matter. Nice find OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join