It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people quickly disregard the mystery of the UFO/Alien phenomena?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
For instance, a person will see something unknown that cannot be explained and will go "that was weird, dunno what that was" then go back to whatever they were doing, and never thought about it again. Why don't they ever ponder about it?

If I saw a UFO, I would still be obsessing about it, and ever since that day my dad told me his UFO story, I cherished it more than him. He's like "okay son you're obsessed about it, stop asking more questions, I don't know the answers".

And im pretty sure im not autistic..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cybersk8er

I think the Alien, UFO subject is just so deep that it scares people. There are some issues in life that we cannot prove. I take any data about the issue important.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Because far too many have cried wolf already.

Either we get "DISCLOSURE IMMINENT - NEXT FRIDAY!!" and it obviously never comes to pass or it's...

"ABSOLUTE PROOF OF ALIEN VISITATION" and it's some blurry lights against a black background for several minutes.

I firmly believe the universe is harboring non-human life in many, many places. But I have seen nothing to really suggest that they have been here - or are here - right now.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It would shake the very core of someones belief system. You hear a lot of people say they are ready for contact, but I think we as a species are not ready yet, and if they are out there, I'm sure that is what they are waiting for.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Because we have zero proof aliens exist, and therefore it is never the most plausible theory.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybersk8er
and ever since that day my dad told me his UFO story,

what is your dads UFO story
can you share it here...?

how do you know your not artistic

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

I firmly believe the universe is harboring non-human life in many, many places. But I have seen nothing to really suggest that they have been here - or are here - right now.

So many people say that on ATS, but look at the evidence you can't dismiss all of it. Look at the NASA footage, the Roswell incident, Rendlesham forest, watch the disclosure project press conference for crying out loud....oh that's not good enough well how about the holy of all holy's the infallible Holy Bible their in that too....oh your an atheist you say well how about Science then, check out John Mack Harvard Professor. He studied alien abduction and concluded that it is real. One thing I have learned since being on ATS is it doesn't matter what side your on, people are only willing to see what they want to see.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

Originally posted by cybersk8er
and ever since that day my dad told me his UFO story,

what is your dads UFO story
can you share it here...?

how do you know your not artistic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted it a couple weeks ago and it was my first thread

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
but look at the evidence

There is no evidence, there are stories and speculation. That is not evidence. Nothing you mentioned in your post is evidence, it's just people theorizing and conspiracy theories.
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Where to begin...
How about Mack, here is a quote from him.

"I would never say, yes, there are aliens taking people..."

Do there is one of your sources dead.
news.bbc.co.uk...

I have seen the NASA footage, there is no aliens, please specify what footage.
Two dead.

Roswell, no proof at all, only conjecture, your belief does not necessitate fact.
Three.

Rendlesham Forest
www.ianridpath.com...
Four.

Bible ... sorry, but no. Your desire to twist the Bible into something you want it to be does not mean it is true. In fact your interpretation would negate any validity the Bible has.
Five.

So your proof is a press conference? I'll pass.

I have also learned people will choose to believe what they want, as you will no doubt demonstrate shortly.
edit on 8-5-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Another pointless thread asking why people just cannot have faith to believe.

Someone else jumps in and points out the same old tired "evidence" and is flabbergasted that there are those of us who require more than a story. This same person brings religion in the mix and Harvard professors to but never mentions the other academics who have studied it and have come to the same conclusion...there is nothing to it.

As for religion...if we require evidence for aliens...what makes you think we accept the religion, I am sure we also require evidence for it...so most of us do believe in the myth of religion either.

Also there is the same amount of evidence for religion as there is for aliens...ie..stories, pics and videos. Top military, law enforcement, professors and a few scientist also believe in God...does that make it a more valid theory because it has these people as believers? It should, to the believers of aliens, since they are using these same type of people to further their beliefs. Why do you disagree when religious followers base everything they believe in on faith, yet it is what you people have to...faith.

The fact of the matter is...there is absolutely no SOLID evidence for alien visitation.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cybersk8er

Because his life went on...Your asking why he doesn't ponder it all the time, well thats easy. Cause he goes to work, pays bills, deals with issues, ect.. It's just a small piece that happened in his life, But you can't just forget to live cause you saw something different. There are people who have one experience happen and it becomes a life long quest to them he just isnt one of those types of people. I hope this helps

Good Luck

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It would shock me to my core if we were the only ones who existed in this universe. I think my life would suddenly change and my view of said life would become even more warped.

So maybe I'm in the minority with my thinking.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Where to begin...
How about Mack, here is a quote from him.

"I would never say, yes, there are aliens taking people..."

Do there is one of your sources dead.
news.bbc.co.uk...

I have seen the NASA footage, there is no aliens, please specify what footage.
Two dead.

Roswell, no proof at all, only conjecture, your belief does not necessitate fact.
Three.

Rendlesham Forest
www.ianridpath.com...
Four.

Bible ... sorry, but no. Your desire to twist the Bible into something you want it to be does not mean it is true. In fact your interpretation would negate any validity the Bible has.
Five.

So your proof is a press conference? I'll pass.

I have also learned people will choose to believe what they want, as you will no doubt demonstrate shortly.
edit on 8-5-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

You are absolutely right on every point, I concede! The way you completely destroyed my evidence I no longer believe in little green men, thank you for helping me to see the light! /sarcasm

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

but look at the evidence

There is no evidence, there are stories and speculation. That is not evidence. Nothing you mentioned in your post is evidence, it's just people theorizing and conspiracy theories.

If that's where your at then that's cool, I would love to hear what would be considered evidence tho.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Another pointless thread asking why people just cannot have faith to believe.

Someone else jumps in and points out the same old tired "evidence" and is flabbergasted that there are those of us who require more than a story. This same person brings religion in the mix and Harvard professors to but never mentions the other academics who have studied it and have come to the same conclusion...there is nothing to it.

As for religion...if we require evidence for aliens...what makes you think we accept the religion, I am sure we also require evidence for it...so most of us do believe in the myth of religion either.

Also there is the same amount of evidence for religion as there is for aliens...ie..stories, pics and videos. Top military, law enforcement, professors and a few scientist also believe in God...does that make it a more valid theory because it has these people as believers? It should, to the believers of aliens, since they are using these same type of people to further their beliefs. Why do you disagree when religious followers base everything they believe in on faith, yet it is what you people have to...faith.

The fact of the matter is...there is absolutely no SOLID evidence for alien visitation.

You not believing is your faith too.
And this thread was not intended to ask why can't people believe, but why are people so quick to dismiss it when there have been millions of people witnessing physical unknown entities in our skies.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Top military, law enforcement, professors and a few scientist also believe in God...does that make it a more valid theory because it has these people as believers? It should, to the believers of aliens, since they are using these same type of people to further their beliefs. Why do you disagree when religious followers base everything they believe in on faith, yet it is what you people have to...faith.

You make a valid point, I would add that if there were as many sightings of Jesus as there are UFO sightings than religion would have more to bring to the table.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

but look at the evidence you can't dismiss all of it. Look at the NASA footage, the Roswell incident, Rendlesham forest, watch the disclosure project press conference for crying out loud....

No. Don't look at any of that stuff. Look at this:

House Committee on Science and Astronautics Symposium on Unidentified Flying Objects

excerpt from testimony of Dr. James E. McDonald, senior physicist, Institute of Atmospheric Physics, University of Arizona:

I am very pleased to have this chance to make some comments and suggestions based on my own experience to the committee, and I do wish to commend the Committee on Science and Astronautics for taking this first, and I hope very significant step, to look at the problem that has puzzled many for 20 years.

As Dr. Hynek has emphasized in his remarks, it is one of the difficulties of the problem we are talking about today that the scientific community, not just in the United States but on a world basis, has tended to discount and to regard as nonsense the UFO problem. The fact that so much anecdotal data is involved has understandably discouraged many scientists from taking seriously what, in fact, I believe is a matter of extraordinary scientific importance.

I have been studying now for about 2 years, on a rather intensive basis, the UFO problem. I have interviewed several hundred witnesses in selected cases, and I am astonished at what I have found. I had no idea that the actual UFO situation is anything like what it really appears to be.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

but look at the evidence

If that's where your at then that's cool, I would love to hear what would be considered evidence tho.

ev·i·dence/ˈevədəns/
Noun:
The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Please note the keyword "facts", and the absence of "theory", "opinion", and "assumption".

Like I said, there is no evidence.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

And you prove my point, thank you.

<<   2 >>

join