It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the saddest video you have ever seen.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This video is just over 12 months old, I was surfing through youtube looking for nothing in particular when I came across this, I apologise if it has been posted before, I did do a search but didn't find it.

How desperate must this guy have been to do what he did?....I'm not condoning it by any means, but he just comes across as a guy who has reached the absolute pit of despair, and how sympathetic was the store keeper?

I don't know why, but I found this to be a really sad video.....what do you think?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Maybe drinking those 5$ Starbucks coffee's put him in the red?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have never been in their situation, but:

At least there are still gentlemen robbers around

On a serious note, yes, the "robber", must have been in a dire situation. This clip actually brought a tear to my eye

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
EDIT: Having seen new information about the robber posted below, I'm not feeling so sad about this!

Still think the banksters need exterminating though!

edit on 8-5-2012 by squarehead666 because: Reality Check

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
This video is just over 12 months old, I was surfing through youtube looking for nothing in particular when I came across this, I apologise if it has been posted before, I did do a search but didn't find it.

How desperate must this guy have been to do what he did?....I'm not condoning it by any means, but he just comes across as a guy who has reached the absolute pit of despair, and how sympathetic was the store keeper?

I don't know why, but I found this to be a really sad video.....what do you think?

Jean-Valjean, circa 2012...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Nothing has changed.

This is the same society it was 15 years ago, 30 years ago and 60 years ago.

Just more people have slid down the pyramid and are now at the base.

The system didn't just turn corrupt...it was designed that way.

But it was also designed to eventually collapse..when there is no middle to hold up the top...we will all be on the bottom.

Peace
edit on 8-5-2012 by spav5 because: corrected typo

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
poor guy,
i feel for him and all the other people in that situation rite now.
he should have sold his gun because now his kids will be going hungry if he goes to jail.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
1. That was awkward.
2. He should have just sold his glock.

Robbing like a sir.

I don't feel bad for him at all. He's a convicted felon and had convictions of armed robbery and forgery long before he robbed this guy. (Source).

SEATTLE -- The King County Sheriff's Office says a man suspected of being the "polite robber" was arrested Monday afternoon by detectives and the SWAT Team.

At the time of the robbery, police said the robber was armed with a semi-automatic pistol.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Skepticesque because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Jean-Valjean, circa 2012...

Wow!......you know what, whilst I was watching the video for the first time......that is exactly what I thought!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Not very sad.

I don't get why anyone has flagged this??!!

Not sad...its pathetic!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque
1. That was awkward.

Robbing like a sir.

Yep....good point.....but a part of me would like to think that it was a replica.

But then I have a tendency to be overly sympathetic

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque
1. That was awkward.

Robbing like a sir.

Yep....good point.....but a part of me would like to think that it was a replica.

But then I have a tendency to be overly sympathetic

I wish it were a replica too, unfortunately police validated that it was real, as seen in the link I added to the other post.

At the time of the robbery, police said the robber was armed with a semi-automatic pistol.

Either way, it's sad.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I wonder what happened next. Did he get arrested? , Did the clerk call the cops or he got soft?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
Not very sad.

I don't get why anyone has flagged this??!!

Not sad...its pathetic!

Yes you are right ......it is pathetic, it's pathetic how someone could be driven to this, yet still retain a modicum of self respect and decency.

Don't get me wrong what he did was criminal to the extreme!.....now why do you think it is pathetic?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I really have to say that I admire both men and the way they handled the situation, especially the store owner. Both were gentlemen to the end, both were courteous to each other and understood that there was no ill will but only desperation that brought about the situation.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck
I really have to say that I admire both men and the way they handled the situation, especially the store owner. Both were gentlemen to the end, both were courteous to each other and understood that there was no ill will but only desperation that brought about the situation.

Thanks for the reply.......you are seeing this exactly the same way I am seeing it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well.....it's official. I'm moving to Washington state.

I haven't met a person from there yet that I didn't like.

Makes you wonder if the criminals are that nice, how friendly are the law abiding citizens?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

seriously? sad? the problem is apologetics doesn't make it any more dignity or whatever - its all an ACT.

theres no way to rob an old fella with dignity - what if the clerk had a HEART ATTACK anyway and died?

the robber's behaviour actually reminds me of USA raping & robbing the world - acting like you have good intentions and dignity yet.. THOU SHALT NOT STEAL is the long and short of it.

also wasnt he pointing a GUN? i cant see my screen is small right now but again how is that NOT threatening pointing a gun at someone poised to KILL them point blank over your "rent to pay" and still having dignity.

its exemplary of how deluded Americans are both gov & sheople alike that they actually convinced themselves bad karma can be poised as good - LOL

edit on 8-5-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Well.....it's official. I'm moving to Washington state.

I haven't met a person from there yet that I didn't like.

Makes you wonder if the criminals are that nice, how friendly are the law abiding citizens?

Didn't Ted Bundy live in Washington state?

RUUUUUUUN!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the link.

This video shows a man who seems to have no other choices but to rob
because of his serious needs.

Makes me think of this video because both are armed robberies
with a touch of humanity. Sad...

edit on 8-5-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join