It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf War vet told he'd never walk again, proves them wrong! VERY inspirational story & video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thought you guys might want to watch this guy's inspiring story.
Arthur Boorman, who was a disabled veteran from the Gulf War that had been told he would never be able to walk under his own power ever again, contacted Diamond Dallas Page, former wrestler and yoga instructor.
Arthur, who was using crutches and gained a massive amount of weight, decided to start DDP's program, and now sheds his crutches and weight.
The video is very inspiring, and tells us to NEVER GIVE UP ON OURSELVES

Here's his story

and video:

I wont list DDP's website, as it might violate the T&C here, but watch the video and read the story.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

DDP knows what its like to be told you can't do something.
He started wrestling at a later age...39 I think.
He did what others said he couldn't do and he succeeded.

He claims to have never had a bad day ever.
Positive thinking goes a long way.

I am glad he is trying to rub off on others...hes a good guy.

Thanks for the video...I loved it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

It is hard to convince the mind of other options available when those you TRUST like physicians TELL you its over??? Its nice that Diamond Dallas Page had more energy with him to overwrite the mind of this vet. helping him to regain strength from deep within his conscious. The outcomes seem to be good for him as he has lost weight and is in better health and is self mobile again. Hope this helps others find inspiration in areas of darkness when it seems there is now CHANCE to over come any situations. Nice inspirational story that may work well compiled correctly for other vets or disabled to ignite within them the FORCE to overcome ANY ODDS no matter how hard. Nice presentation OP.
NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It seems to me that this guys biggest problem, was that he was incredibly fat. And that took a toll on his legs and back. Being that fat will of course also limit his ability to do yoga and stretch his ligaments. Lose weight, be able to do some physical exercise and he is 'cured'

He was suffering from the same disease that most americans suffer from.. FAT!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by scarystuff

He didnt become heavy til he was told he lost the use of his legs, he pretty much gave up on himself and went into a depression. The mind is a powerful thing. If you looked at his pics BEFORE he got hurt, he wasnt fat, so stop assuming things

top topics

join