It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bimbo's Initiation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I saw this video on VigilantCitizen and wanted to share it here. Maybe appreciated by Members and Non-Members alike?!

It's got a lot of the symbolism we have come to look for in examining "secret societies",with more insightful and speculative comments following the video at the VC link.

The cartoon is indeed very dark and bizarre but only minimal knowledge of Masonic symbolism is required to realize that the cartoon is all about secret societies and the ordeals an initiate must go through to be accepted. To the symbol-literate, it’s as blatant as it gets. Here’s the video. vigilantcitizen.com...

edit on 5-5-2012 by On the Edge because: video difficulties

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

An error ocurred during validation.

That's the message I get when I click on the youtube link.

ETA: Thank's for fixing the link

edit on 5-5-2012 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It appeared to have quite a bit of masonic references, but it seemed like an outsiders perspective. I did like the candles on their heads. (Illuminated) Probably not uncommon for the time period this was made. If you remember the Honymooners, there was the Raccoon lodge. Fraternal organizations were big back then.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Thanks for posting this. The Vigilant Citizen rocks!

This cartoon shouldn't just be alligned with the Masons though. This is illustrative of EVERY fraternity.

Let's see what we've got.
Creating fear ---- Check
Creating pain ----- Check
Symbols of death ----- Check
Number 13 ---- Check
Skull & Bones ---- Check
Paddling ----- Check
Sex ----- Check
Mazes ---- Check
Psychological trickery ------ Check
Group think/Hive mind/Likemindedness ----- Check

Yep. Looks like we got a winner!

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Do they say they are the 'mambas' at some point, or did I get that wrong?

There is obviously lots of symbolism here but the weirdist, surreal and dare I say funniest bit is that all the members of the group turn out to be Betty Boop, what in gender bending hell?
I read the comments but It still doesn't make sense why they all turn into Betty. Is the cartoon also saying that Bimbo needed to be seduced by something or someone in order to join, otherwise he refuses? Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If a bunch of chicks wanted to abduct me and 'force' me to join their group I would put up a huge fight [/sarcasm].

The only way it could be worse is if they made me drink beer too.

edit on 5-5-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I think Betty Boop is symbolic of the Eastern Stars and Sororities. The hash harriettes come to mind, too. Especially since it's titled "Bimbo's Initiation". Hash kennels commonly refer to their female members as bimbos and (female dogs).

The fairer sex is necessary to fraternities because it does seduce initiates who wouldn't fall for all the other BS such as proving you're tough and can take the abuse that the seasoned members dish out. Some men won't belong to a club unless it is going to help spice up their sex life.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
The fairer sex is necessary to fraternities...

If the 'fairer sex' was in the fraternity then it would no longer be a fraternity.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

You obviously breezed past where I mentioned the Eastern Stars, sororities, and hash harriettes.
Please reread my post.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You obviously breezed past where I mentioned the Eastern Stars, sororities, and hash harriettes.
Please reread my post.

Exactly, the Eastern Star is a sorority and the Harriers are open to both making them neither a sorority or a fraternity.

edit on 5-5-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So, you don't believe that frats and sororities mingle together?
I thought that's where the word fraternizing came from.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

So, you don't believe that frats and sororities mingle together?
I thought that's where the word fraternizing came from.

It does not mean that they are mutually dependent.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

That's not what I'm attempting to convey.
I'm simply saying that some men join frat houses/clubs/lodges because it raises their chances of meeting girls/women.
If you don't agree, fine. I did go to college quite a while ago and can remember my friend's brother joining a frat house so he could meet more girls. This type of thought process isn't rocket science.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That's not what I'm attempting to convey.
I'm simply saying that some men join frat houses/clubs/lodges because it raises their chances of meeting girls/women.

I can honestly say if you are planning on joining Masonry because you are going to meet some babes it is not going to happen.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Meeting babes is not my objective.
For your information, I'm a woman and I'd never enter into a relationship with a Mason.
I have a rule that I don't get involved with people who need to be part of a group whether it be a church, lodge, or otherwise.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Meeting babes is not my objective.
For your information, I'm a woman and I'd never enter into a relationship with a Mason.
I have a rule that I don't get involved with people who need to be part of a group whether it be a church, lodge, or otherwise.

That is a pretty limiting outlook. I happen to be a part of several 'groups' besides the Masons. I am in a Corvette club, a model train club, a historical society and a firearms club. But I guess I like people who like what I like, go figure.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

If you choose to be part of a group, that's fine. I don't feel a need to be around "like minded" people. In my opinion, nobody is "like-minded" as a whole. For example, my sister and I agree on some things, but not others, so how can I claim we are "like minded" when we disagree about some things? Nothing is 100%. Even twins don't think with identical thoughts and tastes.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
he should have declined again they werent going to dance him back home on the street he fell through.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I agree that no two people share the same thoughts and opinions on all topics, but that isnt the point of Freemasonry. The point as I see it is to bring together those who would be at perpetual distance by emphasizing truths upon which all agree.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

If you choose to be part of a group, that's fine. I don't feel a need to be around "like minded" people. In my opinion, nobody is "like-minded" as a whole.

I did not say you need to be around 'like-minded' people. I merely stated I enjoy people who appreciate and enjoy what I do. What makes more sense as a Corvette owner; joining a Corvette club or a Mustang club? This does not mean everyone in my club is exactly or even remotely the same as I am, it only means that we all like the same type of car. The rest of the examples follow suit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join