It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean when one in seven people think the end of the world is coming?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think most of it is due to the 2012 movie and most of the stuff on T.V. I was reading a thread the other day about how the Mayans don't actually think the world is going to end, instead they believe in the Ascension to the New Age. But we don't have to worry about anything anymore, the radiation from Japan is slowly working our way into our bodies, the end is closer then you think.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Being raised religiously, I never knew any different. I was raised to live everyday as my last and to make life worth it. Seems to be pretty beneficial regardless of whether or not it's the truth.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
It means the history channel needs to stop airing programs about the end of the world.

Could'nt it have more to do with overpopulation, overconsumption, ecological disasters, wars, polution,
global warming, water shortages, food shortages, economic collapse, greed, corruption, ETC, ETC, etc!
I take all the programs on the history channel with a grain of salt but these other issues i take very seriously! Now if the rest of the world felt as i did maybe we could get back to a sustainable future for ourselves and our descendants!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Wow Doomsday Preppers is alot more popular than i thought.Though if you watch the show its hilarious how many different people believe different things.You think they would hold a meeting and at least come up with one apocalypse that way makes it easier for people.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
to my way of thinking... the 14 to 20% have a rationalization impasse by confusing the literal and the figurative End-of-the-World scenarios..

our individual demise is guaranteed to happen...but to transfer that reality onto the global mass of humanity is outrageous and sadly, laughable

eschatology is a core belief system in us, i guess that stems from being thrown out of the garden of eden, when we ate the forbidden fruit and were first aware that we were naked....

hmmmm.....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just means some people read in to this sort of stuff via news on tv news on the web and also ATS

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

It could end tomorrow, or 5 million years from now. There have been doomsayers throughout history, so sooner or later they're bound to be right.

Must admit I don't like what I'm hearing about the Japanese Nuclear plant.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join