It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone tell Buddha to calm down.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
He always seems so excited to me from my perspective because I, am as calm, as a cucumber.

I am as calm, as calm is, in Calmland, on Calm Day, the day they canceled the parade, because people got too excited so we spent the afternoon on the porch drinking iced tea in the shade with nothing to do but focus on our breathing.

I am as calm as a Nanny, in the house of an infinitely wealthy Lord of the Manor, a confirmed bachelor with a penchant for travel who lost it in the war.

I am what calm is.

(affirmations are good for the soul)
edit on 3-5-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Buddha Rant........seriously...

Des

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hahahaha! life is cool! I'm happy right now

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well you make him seem like a frantic madman...lol. I will say that you have to be the the calmest person I have ever even heard about, much less heard from. You win the Nobel Prize for "peace". Congratulations. But don't get excited...I know you won't.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Sheesh, man....you need to calm down......

.......oh wait.....

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
WHOA there buddy.

No need to be so frantic in your calmness!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Snakedoctorjw

I will admit, that once when I was thinking about making this post, this reply, I thought it might be best for me to calm uP! But that feeling soon went away and once again I was as calm as a Southern gent, on a bench under a Magnolia tree who hasn't even touched his lemonade.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
reply to post by Snakedoctorjw

I will admit, that once when I was thinking about making this post, this reply, I thought it might be best for me to calm uP! But that feeling soon went away and once again I was as calm as a Southern gent, on a bench under a Magnolia tree who hasn't even touched his lemonade.

That sounds so nice right now!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just how calm am I today? I am glad you asked because it was a crazy hectic day at work, but I never so much as broke a sweat. Drove in traffic for 9 hours, and let everyone cross the crosswalk while I patiently waited.

I am so calm, that if you took a feather, and were to brush the top of the Himalayas with it, and in that way wore them down to sea level, I would not tell you to hurry up. I would say, "take your time, whats the rush."
I am so calm, that you can see the reflection of the sky off my back, thats how calm I am.

And you know, its difficult for people to know how to handle a person who is that calm. They can't seem to be able to portray their own anxiety, and typical daily stress-load which they would love to unload in yours or anyone's direction, but when they come up against someone who is clearly calmer than Mahatma Gandhi, while getting a foot massage, they don't know what else to do but calm down themselves.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Oh don't get me wrong, I have seen other calm people. There are people who will wish you a merry Christmas in Chinese on a grain of rice. People who build boats, inside tiny bottles. Statistically though, I am not like that.
But I could watch them all day!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
... I don't know what to make of this, but I'm laughing.
I am so glad for you. It must be wonderful being so calm.

new topics

top topics

join