It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End For Pirate Bay

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Well that now makes no sense. Universal doesn't want people downloading their movies but they upload their movies to a site that is owned by them? Then it does deserve to get stolen.

I know I'm not perfect. Not a software guru. Just a hardware guru.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

It's where you can down load free Movies,Software, and games.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If movie studios understood the consumer better we wouldn't have any of these problems, people would pirate just not as they do now.

Same day release of new movies across all platforms would help.

I would pay to stream the Avengers on release day to my own home, and I would pay more than a DVD, or movie ticket just to not have to go to the theater and deal with that whole mess.

Studios fought VHS recording remember? Something that thanks to vhs sales created a whole new revenue stream for them.

Studios are terrified of losing potential income, and blame pirates when if they did a better job embracing changing formats and new market places, none of this would be a problem.

All the entertainment industries treat the end user consumers hostile, From Sports (nfl anyone?) to games (EA screwing the gamers constantly, To music.

Its all potential revenue they are bitching about, guess what, People who pirate probably wouldn't buy that # even if all pirating avenues where closed to them.
edit on 2-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Piratebay will probably be around long after other trackers get taken down. While We're on the topic does anyone want an invite to torrentday? I only have the one so I'd like it to go to someone who know's what it is and would actually use it. You also need to keep a seed to leech ratio of atleast 1.00.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Just a hardware guru.

Haha...you? Not even.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Just a hardware guru.

Haha...you? Not even.

I fixed many of computers without the help thank you. I may not know the technical names for the parts, but I do know how to assemble it to work. Without the help.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
PIRATEBAY.SE

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Blocked here (Holland) too.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I fixed many of computers without the help thank you. I may not know the technical names for the parts, but I do know how to assemble it to work. Without the help.

and that does not a hardware guru make...

just sayin
edit on 2-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

In a nutshell, bittorrent is a program that lets you download much copyrighted material (movies, music, software) after installing a small program on your PC. There is not too much risk (apart from virus infected software occasionally) but in the US companies have been known to scan IP addresses of "uploaders" and then used that in a court case. In Europe so far, I don't think they managed to get things that far but they do pull sites off-line via court orders. Piratebay is Swedish so not under US or much EU law, seemingly. So far thepiratebay.org have escaped quite a few legal and governmental attempts to shut it down. They offer nothing illegal on their site anymore, strangely enough.

edit on 2/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Can you upgrade the parts? Repair them? Can you find out what's wrong with tower or the monitor? How many times was it the same issue? Have you assembled home-made computers?

I have.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Wow, want to put the whole line of dirty laundry out there to air?

There's a perfectly good reason they say, "Loose lips sink ships."

Stop showing off, for the sake of the rest of us piraters. She knows the word google...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I have enough computer parts to fix my own.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Can you upgrade the parts? Repair them? Can you find out what's wrong with tower or the monitor? How many times was it the same issue? Have you assembled home-made computers?

I have.

Yes to all, I have the parts. To do the upgrades.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

You mean this Pirate Bay? thepiratebay.se...
What is your ISP? Time Warner here. Nothing blocked.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Infi8nity

Well that now makes no sense. Universal doesn't want people downloading their movies but they upload their movies to a site that is owned by them? Then it does deserve to get stolen.

I know I'm not perfect. Not a software guru. Just a hardware guru.

edit on 2-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

If you look at it from main stream point of view it does not make sense. Torrents have done allot for these company's. It gives them publicity. Lets look at movies for example. If a large group downloads a movie then it will be known and talked about. They will tell their friends causing a chain reaction thus getting more people to buy that movie. Most pirates would not buy half of the movies they download. They do not watch it because they have to see it, they download it because its free. They made the program I am sure they have some sort of master plan.

Maybe its a big conspiracy to make more laws thus giving more control to media type company's. A conspiracy that has been 8 years in the making. Almost like a fauls flag. Problem, reaction and finally the solution.

Saying that it does not make sense is like saying America flying a plane into its own towers does not make sense.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

I have.

Yes to all, I have the parts. To do the upgrades.

Dont be mean.... This is completely off topic. If her perspective of Guru is different from yours then what does it matter? Any ways....

Their is all ready another thread about this. Its only blocked in the UK

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Sure, it's really RATS!
(Really Above Top Secret)

edit on 2/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I have.

I can tell you from experience that she repaired my computer after my daughter put a major virus on it from some crazy Justin Bieber site. It ended up wiping the whole computer to the point where she had to put linux on it. I HATE linux. I don't know what she did but she managed to fix it and I'm eternally grateful to her. She has ton of computer parts all over her house and has rebuilt computers all over here. She learned from school, the web, my brother, friends. She may be blonde, and I'll admit, sometimes I tease her about it, but she is very smart. If we are to thrive as a country we need to stop tearing each other apart and start helping each other up. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

Linux is terrible. Why didn't she install W7?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join