It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing thing on Indonesian security camera

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm shocked that there's even confusion about whether it's real or not. It's CGI, without question.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
That gives some meaning to the definition "Fallen Angel".

I have no idea what that is, but it looks cool, even for a hoax.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
As I read through this thread I noticed one person state that it looked as if the group of people who came over to investigate were waiting for their signal to run in, but after watching it for some time, it looked like (to me at least) like they hopped off something they were sitting on. One of them almost trips as (s)he runs is.
With that observation, I think if this is real, these people were hanging out at what I'm guessing is a mall. Then this being or light falls down and flies off. At which point they run in to look at where it landed. One of them actually runs in the direction that the light went.
Now, that I have played devil's advocate, I personally do not think this is real. I can't offer any proof, it just doesn't sit right with me.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Looks like Zeus out of clash of the titans, Or immortals
or it could be moth-man making a return only this time he's glowing from being at Fukushima to long

edit on 2-5-2012 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I wasn't the least bit impressed. It looks to me like a spotlight from a cop/security car.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow, very crazy video. I too thought it looked like the stereotypical angel. Who knows though, assuming that it was something other worldly or supernatural why do you thing it came to the ground and then left so quickly. Good post.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

yeah saw this on before its news yesterday.. Well I thought it looked pretty darn cool! If it is real.. then I think its some kind of angelic being also. I mean - it clearly had wings and a head and was bright as anything, fits the description given over the last 2000 years of an angel. Could easily be CGI though.

One thing I noticed is that the area was lit up quite a bit when he dropped down, and shadows were cast and areas lit that were not possible to see before it dropped down - can you perform that kind of effect with CGI? I didn't think we could do that advanced lighting with CGI.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I cant say for sure, but to me it looks like it was added afterwards. It seems like the timing of the light being reflected from this "time traveler" is a bit off when you look at light reflecting on building.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Imagine that...... object comes down, then up, people rushed over to see and it all happens right dead square in the middle of a "supposed" CCTV field of vision, how lucky can one get.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I have to say it is one of the more impressive 'paranormal' videos I have seen in a long time. It is a hard one to debunk, mainly because of the reflective and illuminating propagation of the brilliant light, that seems quite real, and hard to fake.

The crowd does not look staged to me, and I think I would react like that if I had been there and saw this thing yo-yo like it did. I see no tell-tale photoshop artifacts, but would need a better copy of the video for that anyway.

The compression dynamics of the object as it touches the floor is also quite interesting, and you can see this electrical type of an after spark as it bounces back up. Being in a web security camera also gives it more merit as being authentic. All in all - wow.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightwhosaysnih
[...]

One thing I noticed is that the area was lit up quite a bit when he dropped down, and shadows were cast and areas lit that were not possible to see before it dropped down - can you perform that kind of effect with CGI? I didn't think we could do that advanced lighting with CGI.
Dude... Remember that movie a couple of years ago? Avatar? Yeah, most of that movie was CGI. First thing I thought of when i saw this video was "atokirina!"

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It looks like some CGI to me, although the video is of poor resolution.

Who knows, it could maybe just be some advanced military technology they were testing out by hopping around the world?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The people running over looks contrived? Huh..lol they look like they're shocked and trying to figure out what the hell happened....

Cool vid

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Hmmm..... Batman!!

Na, seriously this is very impressive..... doesn't look CGI to me.... or a Butterfly or any type of Insect... looks too big to be an Insect if you compare it to the back of the chair....

I did think maybe someone with a light/torch but i dont know of any torches with wings!!

I wonder what it is.....
edit on 4-5-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
With the CGI being done today (I was completely impressed out of my socks when I watched Avatar--the animators did a phenomenal job!) It's hard to believe anything without seeing it first hand. It's a neat video and very impressive if real but unless a true expert on CGI can come out and say, "this is not CGI and here's why..." then I can't really believe it is or it isn't.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

I cant say for sure, but to me it looks like it was added afterwards. It seems like the timing of the light being reflected from this "time traveler" is a bit off when you look at light reflecting on building.

I originally thought that as well, however they are curved surfaces that would reflect only when the object was at a certain angle to them in respect to the camera. There are 5 places of reflectivity that I looked at, each at a different elevation and angle. In fact, if all of these surfaces showed a reflection at the same time, I would call fake then.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Nah not even close...

Maybe some traveler from K-pax , but not some bug from the starship troopers... no way
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here is a better view of this supposed 'being'

too me it looks like CGI without a doubt
[fullscreen might help]

edit on 5-5-2012 by Inarismessenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They had flash lights with them? Hm, I can't remember the last time I carried a flash light with me... But then again, nowadays cell phones have flash lights so who knows...
edit on 5/5/12 by ilian51378 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It's absolutely fake.

There is no consistency in the lighting given off by the "angel/alien/time traveler" in the scene. Some surfaces are very brightly illuminated, while others are unchanged, when this apparently brilliant light enters the scene. Even taking into account the type of materials likely to be in the scene and their potential reflective characteristics, the "reflected" light in the scene is just too inconsistent to be real.

The lighting is not only inconsistent in what it illuminates, but also where. Some surfaces that are at a shallow angle to the apparent position to the light are much more brightly lit than those that are are at a more perpendicular angle.

Finally, the light creates no shadows in the scene, giving the appearance of the "being" having been overlaid on top of the video, rather than actually in it.

BTW... I don't work in movie CGI, but I has been been an artist in the games industry for 25 years and this was an easy fake to spot.

Whoever made this was not a professional.

One last thing, just as having action happen in near darkness helps movie/TV special effects to cover up problems which would otherwise make them noticeably fake, so does the CCTV look. Faking video of apparent CCTV is actually easier, as the compression artifacts act in the same way as darkness does, in that it obscures the information available to the viewer.

The CCTV effect (encoding as low bandwidth video with a poor codec) would be done to the completed, fake video footage as a post process, so the maker would not have to create effects to fit in with the CCTV qualities of the video, but instead would work from video of a higher quality and then process the video, CG included to make it look like CCTV.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join