It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The life of a Dung beetle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
These little scarabs were worshiped by the ancient Egyptians from what I gathered from my ATS search and the video.Apparently they mainly feed on feces.Check the little poo pushers out,they gave me a little giggle

Its quite amazing what our mother nature can come up with eh.....well anyway,I'm dung with this post so take it easy and have a good nite

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
heh

do people EAT these as a delicacy?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
they are like little versions of people ,always pushing s#it uphill
It's no wonder the Egyptians liked them ,and probably explains the idea behind building the Pyramids.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I watched one of these dung beetles roll up a ball from some fox scat then push it about 20 or 30 feet until it got to a hole and buried it. This took close to an hour for it do the job.
What I noticed was that there was a large persimmon seed in the ball of dung and it occurred to me that this may be one of nature's ways of planting trees.
Dung beetles can have really wild iridescent metallic colors on them too, they look black until the light changes then they suddenly look psychedelic.

In sub-Saharan Africa dung beetles play an important role in breaking up the soil so the water doesn't just run off but actually seeps down and replenishes the water table during the annual rainy season.
Amazing how something so small can play such an important role.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
"Dung Beetle" would be a good name for a shill.

They push # around all day, and even eat it.

top topics

join