It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Ways to Spot a B.S. Political Story in Under 10 Seconds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Came across this article this morning on the every-popular cracked.com. The author, David Wong, points out how ridiculous and damaging some journalistic techniques can be. The article points out that in this election only 17% of reported information is actually relevant to the policy and elect-ability of the candidate. (source). I really feel Mr. Wong's article was both informative and funny, and well worth a read.
Hear's a link, looking forward to some comments!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Once you identify a story as Political doesn't that usually mean it's BS. How much the BS stinks is the question

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Just the title alone made me think of times I felt any story as bs. Like yesterday, cnn showing the "air raids" in south sudan. You didnt see or hear one plane.. You just heard gunfire and "journalists" wearing helmets laying in a hole. Which is sort of political. They selling the "we need to protect the world" mentality. But like the first response said. Isnt anything political, just bs? Romney is a poser. Obama is a smooth talker. No one cares, but they enjot pretending to care. 10 years after they leave office, they'll be reaping the benefits of what they did while in office. The government is a monopoly on making rich richer.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Is Matt Drudge a cancer on the asshole of modern journalism?

Bwuahhahahahaha!
Again Cracked is excellent.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Good point. I would suppose these examples stink the worst, but they are not by any means alone. One point he made is that political stories appeal to our more primal instinct, the desire to see your "team" beat the opposing.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Ahahaha, I loved the Drudge commentary. Another quote I loved:
"Those numbers on the screen represent actual humans who are actually suffering. No, really! It's not a video game! Come down to my home town, I have a neighborhood I want to show you. Bring your drug money!"

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Any knowledge surounding a topic is good. There no such thing as "just enough" knowledge.

I'd write more but your avi scares me.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I find the more I stay away from msm journalism the harder it becomes to follow the narrative ...Its like wtf ...and then it becomes a struggle to figure just what they were supposed to be reporting ...Its not a natural way of looking at things ..I feel the education system conditions us to readily except the message they want to convey to us while using a distorted method to do it ...People really need to get away from that tube and pick up a well written book and practice getting the brain working proper ...I think that is why I like ats for the most part, there are quite a few that can cut threw the rhetoric and get to the jest of what is going on ...peace

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MarlboroRedCowgirl

Nailed it. Loved it.

What does this say about the news media when Cracked.com has to call BS?

new topics

top topics

join