It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Universal' cancer vaccine developed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A vaccine that can train cancer patients' own bodies to seek out and destroy tumour cells has been developed by scientists.

The therapy, which targets a molecule found in 90 per cent of all cancers, could provide a universal injection that allows patients' immune systems to fight off common cancers including breast and prostate cancer. Preliminary results from early clinical trials have shown the vaccine can trigger an immune response in patients and reduce levels of disease. The scientists behind the vaccine now hope to conduct larger trials in patients to prove it can be effective against a range of different cancers. They believe it could be used to combat small tumours if they are detected early enough or to help prevent the return and spread of disease in patients who have undergone other forms of treatment such as surgery. Cancer cells usually evade patient's immune systems because they are not recognised as being a threat. While the immune system usually attacks foreign cells such as bacteria, tumours are formed of the patient's own cells that have malfunctioned

this is pretty amazing, getting closer every month..

please follow link to read the full article www.telegraph.co.uk...

i cant believe the lack of interest in this thread :|

edit on 29-4-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Seems an odd concept. Been around for a while though. Qeustion is, can the virus target a sufficient amount of cancer cells before one's immune system destroys it. The theory seems to be that if it infects enough cancer cells before eradicated that it could fool the immune system into thinking all cancer is infected... Like I said, odd concept...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
And it would really be a kinda one shot chance, right? I mean, I'm by far no medical expert, but if it doesn't take effect on the tumor fast enough with one dose, the immune system would only be able to recognize and attack it more efficiently with the second dose, correct?

Bump. I'd like to see more of a discussion on this one...

edit on 29-4-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

I'll put money on it not going anywhere.
You know, cancers big business.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

So are vaccines
They might push it along for a little while...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

From the article

Cancer charities have given the vaccine a cautious welcome, but warned further testing was needed before it could be approved for widespread use.

Yup - big business.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
These never go anywhere. There have been other scientists who've stepped forward and said they've developed cancer vaccines, only to never hear about them again.

Does anyone really expect a vaccine which could kill up to 90% of all cancer to actually go public? Unfortunately, no. Far too much money in pharmaceuticals and caring for cancer patients. Much more money to be made in suppressing symptoms than curing them.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

There could be a built-in catch, a Trojan horse. Many years from now (can't be too soon or people would suspect), we may see something worse than cancer. The cause? The vaccine that helped virtually eliminate cancer.

I don't even believe it would have to be intentional. When cancer strikes, it's for a reason. You fight it; it will fight back. If one thing doesn't get you, another will.

I believe there is a reason these things hit certain people. Certain people attract certain things to them. It's a warning sign. You either take care of your body and mind, and it will go away on its own, or you do what most people do, fear it, and welcome it to you.

That's why I am so disgusted with all the "anti-THIS" and "anti-THAT." All you're doing is attract THIS and THAT to you.

Time to realize how this stuff works...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Amazing!

But sadly what is more profitable millions of dollars in treatment and drugs or a few thousand in a cure?
edit on 30-4-2012 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
There could be a built-in catch, a Trojan horse. Many years from now (can't be too soon or people would suspect), we may see something worse than cancer. The cause? The vaccine that helped virtually eliminate cancer.

Well, that is exactly how the medical industry behaves. They always design medications so they will cause their customers to keep returning to them.

That is why people who visit the doctor often get sick often. But they tend to believe it is just bad luck that they are sick often. Those who avoid pharmaceuticals rarely get sick.

Personally, I'll take my chance with cancer rather then this vaccine. The can go and "save" someone else...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
i don't care if the government offers me a million dollars, even if i ever G forbid actually GET cancer.

i will never accept this vaccine, or any other vaccine.

vaccines are bad news.

i don't trust them and i never will.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is amazing i can finally pick up heavy cigar smoking and know that 50 years down the line if i get cancer there will be a cure waiting for me!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

When I read this, the scene where the doctor from the movie I am legend, says we cured cancer.

Sometimes it feels like they are trying to tell us or condition us for the future HELL we are going to be in.
edit on 30-4-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Once its out, go and take it and then report back how it worked for you. Dont hesitate a second to take it. People like you are lost anyways. If you still can believe that vaccines are good for you, nothing can be done for you really. So make yourself useful and become a guinea pig. You do not have to think once its out, anyways you have lost that capability long ago, to think that is. GO go and report back! Don't forget or where is the meaning of this?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
hemp oil has been known to cure 70% of cancers, but you don't see it being used do you....

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Strange how some vaccines can actually cause cancer, due to malignant growth as the cells are deprived of oxygen for a period of time (aluminum deprives cells of oxygen, and malignant cancerous growth thrives in that environment.)

Yeah, keep them jabs out of my face.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
cancer seems treatable with a list of things, so these threads are BLAAA...impress me with a real vaccine

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
A vaccine that can train cancer patients' own bodies to seek out and destroy tumour cells has been developed by scientists.

i cant believe the lack of interest in this thread :|

edit on 29-4-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

You forgot to mention how much you hate Obama, and how he is either using this vaccine to inject people with a slow death or that he is trying to stop it because he wants to kill babies.
That would bump it up at least 30 flags.

On topic, This is fantastic! There have been a number of very interesting breakthroughs for fighting cancer going public in the last year. It is good to know there is something positive going on in the world.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is the best cure I've found. 100% success, with no remission for at least a few years... and it cures HIV.

Cancer Cured For Good

For roughly $5000, you can be free of cancer, and have no side effects.

...Oh wait, no you can't

GcMAF Cancer Cure Update: A Proven Cure for HIV Infection and Cancer Ignored by Mainstream Medicine and News Media

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Exactly what I was thinking! Isn't it odd that movie is almost a prediction of this vaccine? Suuure........let's all go get in line for the vaccine. I find it strange that TPTB would let this vaccine be released when they do everything they can to suppress and discredit natural cures and treatments. Just smells funny to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join