It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know any mathmatical philosophy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well do you?

Here is one from me at bottom in bold.

Be sure to post them up in here if you got any.

Since Death is a physical thing only, and Life is much more than physical...

Life + Death = Home

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
here is the best I know of so far..

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
the asymptote of an y = e^x function and her tangent will meet in infinity. Kind of romantic...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
One, two,
Buckle my shoe;
Three, four,
Knock at the door;
Five, six,
Pick up sticks;
Seven, eight,
Lay them straight:
Nine, ten,
A big fat hen;
Eleven, twelve,
Dig and delve;
Thirteen, fourteen,
Maids a-courting;
Fifteen, sixteen,
Maids in the kitchen;
Seventeen, eighteen,
Maids a-waiting
Nineteen, twenty,
My plate's empty.

?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Women need time and money.
Women = Time * Money

Time is money.
Women = Money * Money

Money is the root of all evil.
Money * Money = Evil

Therefore, women are evil.
Women = Evil

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadeusz

where is the math?

ok let me try

edit on 053030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Men need sex and food
men+sex=satisfaction
I can't get no satisfaction.

Men-food = hunger
I hunger for those good things baby.

Satisfaction - hunger = orgasm

hahahahaha

edit on 063030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
this is the math of life.
the Fibonacci sequence
how about this one-
this is called the golden ratio,or the greek letter phi.
how about pi?
all of these are mathematical philosophies.
now go do some research and see what sunflowers,da vinci,and pyramids have in common!!!]
have fun!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
this is the math of life.
the Fibonacci sequence
how about this one-
this is called the golden ratio,or the greek letter phi.
how about pi?
all of these are mathematical philosophies.
now go do some research and see what sunflowers,da vinci,and pyramids have in common!!!]
have fun!

My brain hurts

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The square root of a hypotenuse of a right angled triangle is equal to the sums of the squares of the other two sides.

Although that doesn't seem all that philosophical at first glance, it ties in with the inverse square law.

In physics, an inverse-square law is any physical law stating that a specified physical quantity or strength is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source of that physical quantity.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

You see this is a real tricky one. The first one, Pythagorean Theorem, describes a seemingly odd secret about right angles and triangles.

Given the length of x and y you can calculate precisely, the length of z. Lets say you were on land, went in a 90 degree pattern and wanted to know how far it was across the water if you cut straight across as the crow flies.

Without actually measuring it, you can determine its length. Even in extreme cases. But what secret law of nature makes that so? That the sums of the squares, of the 90 degree piece, will equal the square of the long piece?

What is it about the squares, that are common? Put an x in a box, and consider the x as 2 hypotenuse, therefore, the square length of the x will be equal to the sums of the squares, of all 4 sides. So why do you have to multiply the sides by themselves, of all things, before they will be equal?
Isn't that curious? Thats the basis of 3 dimensionality itself.

And the inverse square law is even trickier, since the language is so confusing.

One example of it to help clarify is...

The intensity (or illuminance or irradiance) of light or other linear waves radiating from a point source (energy per unit of area perpendicular to the source) is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source; so an object (of the same size) twice as far away, receives only one-quarter the energy (in the same time period).

for EM waves and

for gravity...

The gravitational attraction force between two point masses is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of their separation distance. The force is always attractive and acts along the line joining them from their center.

and for Time

any point xyzt is inversely proportional to its past, in an expanding universe.

So you have mass gravity, and you have em waves, and you have their passage through time, and its all inversely proportional and the reason this might be, is because the universe is expanding, and as it does, it affects those forces in such a way as they reduce in inverse proportions.

But you have xyzt in 4 dimensional space-time, like a cube, at which point, the hypotenuse becomes an ellipse, and that took Newton a long time to prove, even though he knew it by nature off the top of his head.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Euler's Identity is considered mathematical beauty.

e is Euler's number, the base of natural logarithms,
i is the imaginary unit, which satisfies i2 = −1, and
π is pi, the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter.

Such complex numbers added together and they equal 0.

Euler's Identity
edit on 27-4-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: Green text is here.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oh the wonders of modern science that makes this so simple to show...

demonstrations.wolfram.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
When the final statement is made it will be an utter simplicity, a childlike simplicity that excludes no one and no thing. The last instruction for a doing will be a quiet simple, undemanding demand for no more effort at all. The simplicity of reality, deity, isness, ineffable presence, or whatever you want to call it is the effortless being of total perfection which is here now already the exclusive fact of existence.

www.williamsamuel.com...
edit on 27-4-2012 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
One more for the Scarecrow of Oz...

Newton's Ellipse, where he was considering what a hypotenuse might look like if it was for instance in an expanding cube. Moving in space and time.

So picturing in your mind, an expanding cube, and chasing the one end of the hypotenuse, you see it draws out an ellipse. BUT! Getting it on paper is a killer.

HOWEVER! Check out Leonardo da Vinci and how HE did it, 1452 - 1512 are his dates
and Newton's dates are 1642 - 1727 so a couple hundred years later for Newton.

Here is da Vinci's parabolic compass...
upload.wikimedia.org...

Under the heading why are orbits an ellipse.

So getting to the point, in fact it is not an ellipse, it is a spiral, in an expanding universe and hence why galaxies are spiral.

And I suppose that is where Einstein trumps Newton. Somehow. I used to know how but I think it ends up with hyperspace, and n dimensional space. Hilbert space. Which ties in with length contraction and time dilation.
Some how.

In all of this though, you end up with some sort of reason, why space is not flat.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So then tying space and time and the forces together in one big philosophical unity again revisit da Vinci...

upload.wikimedia.org...

see the right angle triangle on the right, with the center post, going right on the bottom, in an L shape, then now cut across to the point of the compass, and look at the ellipse it has drawn.

So this is 3D he is working in with this device, as opposed to 2D if you had a compass on a piece of paper laying flat.

But, you see at this point, he is not factoring in an expanding universe. His setup is rigid.

And this ties in with the forces of nature, EM waves and gravity. But EM waves you can see by this the so called graph of physics, black body radiation from Plank's Law, one of the cornerstones of physics.

upload.wikimedia.org...

So the black line, thats Leonardo's parabolic curve, that was the Ultraviolet Catastrophe because the calculations done, did not meet with experiment in short wavelengths, but Plank's Law, end up with a hyperbolic curve, the blue line which matched experimental values.

So you see, laying flat a piece of paper we have Pythagorean Theorem, stand it up, into 3D we have da Vinci's compass, and in 4D we have hyperbolic space, hyperspace.

And since electro-magnetism occurs in 4D space-time and so does gravity, they are inversely proportional, in an expanding 3D universe. A universe that is expanding into hyperspace.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I can do it Fast...Cheap... or Good..... pick any two...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

The maximum value that you can charge a peasant compound interest until they storm the Bastille?

I like mine better. It unifies everything.

Except I suppose it isn't mine. It is the 'secret of physics' that Einstein took to his grave with him.

I suppose if I was to say what was the greatest achievement in math that I know of it, it would have to be the math that God gave George Cantor. (He said God gave it to him in an epiphany in the mountains)
The first fractal.

And not only that but let me show you the philosophy. I can show you a part of it, but they say if you study Cantor, you will go maad.

So, you take a line with some equal marks on it and divide it into 3 parts.

So you say, one third represents yes, one third represents no, and one third represents maybe.

And Cantor says well not actually, because it is all yes or no, its just that we don't know the answer to maybe, but there is an answer. (Later cats will die in boxes as people try to collapse the wave function)

So he removes that unknown third. Now the solution is either yes or no. And in fact, you can describe anything with this yes and no or zero and one which later Alan Turing would describe in a Turing Machine.

But Cantor did much more than that with his treatment of infinity and different kinds of infinity and canceling infinities.

But, lets suppose, you had a right angle triangle with lengths of infinity, you still know the length of the hypotenuse.

The harsh criticism has been matched by later accolades. In 1904, the Royal Society awarded Cantor its Sylvester Medal, the highest honor it can confer for work in mathematics.[11] It has been suggested that Cantor believed his theory of transfinite numbers had been communicated to him by God.[12] David Hilbert defended it from its critics by famously declaring: "No one shall expel us from the Paradise that Cantor has created."[13]

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

since when u do not exist physically at home?? how that is respecting philosophy terms?

since when rubbish or garbage has else names?

physical is being real, being real is being more, being more is where there is no others forcing u to reduce urself for themselves beings in a same objective space share, then home is where u r physically more

and since when oppositions could b sumed and make other then nothing?

the least logical ways of thinking perspectives make anyone realize that extremes together delete the reason of their beings, what is between the extremes is what exist really while extremes to exist must b totally free so alone
how both extremes together are gonna b alone??

it is incredible to see what it means that u r incredibly pervert
ur gods are extremes evil monsters
so not any monster and not any evil and not any extreme

third point and last here, is for ur definitive death
life is inferior subject and inferior subject do not exist

top topics

join