It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy in Zimmerman Case Starts: Judge Overlooks Lies about Finances

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
*Mods - I notice that there is a thread examining Zimmerman's fundraising as an indication to support of him being innocent . This thread is detail how the trial has already started bizarrely*

Note: Thread is not about if he did it or not.

Though Zimmerman collected about $204,000 in donations through his website and did not disclose the contributions during his bond hearing last week, Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. has decided to delay decision on increasing the bond.

Prosecutors had asked for a bond of $1 million, but Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. made it $150,000 after Zimmerman's family testified they did not have the resources necessary to meet the higher level.

According to Zimm's own lawyer- he had NO idea that his client had a pay pal account. Which is odd because it was RIGHT THERE on his website...

"He asked me what to do with his PayPal accounts, and I asked him what he was talking about," O'Mara told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Thursday. "He said those were the accounts that had the money from the website he had. And there was about ... $204,000 that had come in to date."

edition.cnn.com...

The fact that he was able to get a lower bond after testifying that he had NO money and now the desicion is "delayed" smells very bad.

Something is rotten in Denmark

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think it's pretty important to note the statements his real attorney has made since taking the case. Namely, how the Internet presence, the fundraising and the limelight was all coming to a sudden and total stop. A little late for Zimmerman, but wise move.

The point though is you can bet the attorney also froze every nickle of ANY money which came in, as I believe I saw it stated, until the legal issues as accountability of the money can be addressed. They're right too. He can't just collect a quarter of a million dollars from a drop box at Paypal and go spend it however the mood strikes him. If he does...and that includes BOND, depending on all the laws for this, he's going to prison for fraud.

He says he's broke and I'd say he's probably very much broke....with a bunch on money he can't touch anything of until his Lawyer says it won't get him arrested in the process, IMO.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yes, something is rotten. The fact he was charged with 2nd Degree Murder after having his head split open is rotten. The fact he had to even post a bond is rotten. You're right, something is rotten in Denmark.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I understand that. However, if the bail was set "so low" considering the circumstances because Zimmerman argued that he had NO money and his parents would have to pay. And his parents say "well we have no money".

It makes little legal sense that after zimmerman goes "oh i forgot about..." that the Judge Rejects to increase bail.

regardless of his attorneys knowledge or not.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

lets not exaggerate, if his head was "split open" why didnt he need stiches? if his lawyer said he didnt know about the pay pal account he flat out lied. a lawyer that makes $400 an hour would for sure have known about the website and the money, how else did he think a "broke" zimmerman could come up with the lawyer fees?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So now judges have to check your bank balance before deciding on an appropriate bond? I thought those decisions were made on consideration of flight risk and the charges in the case. If they do bring him back into custody and increase the bond, I see that PayPal account growing significantly. He'll have his own superPAC.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Aside from the details of the case which will be argued in court.

This guy flat out lied that he had no money why sitting on Hundreds of Thousands of dollars. He didn't even tell his lawyer about the site? ?

Let's be honest here. This is not court protocall.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I'm not certain if they check your bank account, but when you take an oath in court that you have "no money" and no "source of income"

and you do.

I'm pretty sure that is perjury.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So what? Really.

Zimmerman shouldnt even be going through any of this NONSENSE in the first place.

The man acted completely within the law. He stood his ground from a THREAT and defended himself when he felt his LIFE was in DANGER. Completely within the LAW.

Case closed.

AND, if justice is truly served here, our country will likely have to endure violent and destructive riots everywhere of course. Extreme and unacceptable behavior coming from folks who should be using such energy to "express" their outrage over MORE IMPORTANT issues going on in the country....

edit on 27-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

So you don't care about the law and if the man you are defending is a liar?

Glad to know you're on a conspiracy sight. The powers that be are in love with your compliance

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think this judge is trying to keep the drama out of this case.

I think he is trying to go by the book.

I see no conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

he felt his life was in danger? what a convenient excuse, considering, if you take his fathers testimony at face value, he is the one who confronted trayvon. so now anytime i confront someone, get into a fight i can claim my life was in danger and kill someone?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

what book are you referring too? the book of the law?

Judges set bail on if you have a record. which he did

If you are a flight risk. He was as he had threats on his life

And the severity of the crime. He was accused of second degree murder.

Although Zimmerman spent some of the contributions on living expenses, onl6y 5,000 went to post his own bail (that he said was too high to afford)

$150,000 still remains !

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

I have to ask you here, what is the purpose of Bond in your mind? It really isn't to punish or be a tool to hold someone in jail. It's purpose is simply to insure the person will be back for the court when required. I'd say that isn't even a factor here unless street justice finds and kills him first.

So... If we can agree that, as much as anyone in his position, he isn't looking especially prone to skip bail, why are we talking about how it isn't fair to be set where it was??

Unless..of course...Punishment and strictly using it for an excuse to confine him pre-trial IS the only purpose to some thinking?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Is that how it works? Judge: "Court sets bond at $150,000. Defendant, do you have that much money? Because the Court MUST know in order to set bond. We want to make sure you afford to pay."

I have a suspicion the judge may realize that this case is already being manipulated to appease certain groups (2nd degree murder? Really?). He may be just taking a stand against that in deciding to leave the bond as is for now.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
So what? Really.

Zimmerman shouldnt even be going through any of this NONSENSE in the first place.

The man acted completely within the law. He stood his ground from a THREAT and defended himself when he felt his LIFE was in DANGER. Completely within the LAW.

Case closed.

AND, if justice is truly served here, our country will have to deal with the likeliness of violent and destructive riots everywhere of course. Extreme and unacceptable misbehavior by folks who should be using such energy to "express" their outrage over MORE IMPORTANT issues going on in the country....
edit on 27-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Go study your laws again. Even the people who wrote Florida's stand your ground law says he is not covered by it. But it was real bright idea lying to the judge about not having any money

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

How do you know Treyvon didn't feel his life was in danger? What is Treyvon was "standing his ground?" HE was the one being followed, you know. One would think the person being stalked (armed with a bag of skittles) would feel like he was in more danger than the armed stalker, no?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

what bond is for in MY mind is irrelevant.

what is purgery? that's the question?

if you say you have NO money to the JUDGE and you do . obviously you have lied. He even did not disclose this information to his lawyer.

And if not , O'Mara (his lawyer) has been deceptive about that money. How did he learn of it Wed when the site was created for the sole pupose of raising money?????
let's stick to the facts of the thread.

It is unheard of that lies would be exposed so quickly and the judge has a ho-hum attitude about things. On another interesting Note.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I raad today that someone from the states procutors office is concerned that the charges will be dropped as soon as he hits court because they have no basis. A person has the right to protect themselves from harm. There will be lots of riots but the people will mostly burn their own neighborhoods down and lots of people will make money rebuilding

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

true true true. Word

but what about perjury??

I hope you all notice by now that anyone responding about " he didn't do it" , "we don't know the details" , "innocent till proven guilty" will be responded to with an on topic response.

. How can you LIE to the judge, be found out, and this brushed under the rug???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join