It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin: 'The War on Terror is Over'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

No assistance will continue to Afghanistan for the next 30 years.

So what is over?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nothing is over. It will never be over. There have always been terrorists, and there will always be terrorists. The only thing that changes is our definition of the word "terrorist." If they think this "war" on terror will ever be over, then they're delusional. Might as well go to war against dandelions. Or, no, wait...let's go to war against poppies. Then we can take their seeds and monopolize the opium market.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Every good story has an ending....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Actually.....what they mean is:

Humans are getting smarter, so pulling off another false flag terrorist attack would take A LOT of work and deception. We dont have that kind of time and money, so......."The war on terror is over"

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Only to make room for the next.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

Its now the war on America.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Funny this post crops up now... about 10 minutes ago I was just discussing with my wife about the 'terror threat' being shown in a balanced light in main stream media entertainment such as Homeland.

Dr Carolin Rosin claimed that Wernher Von Braun had described to her that the fear of terrorism would be a justification for the weaponisation of space. She claimed we would be presented with a series of these threats and that 'the final card' will be the extraterrestrial threat. www.youtube.com...

I don't know about anyone else but I am definitely seeing a shift in the way the tabloid media in the UK are presenting the UFO phenomenon. Are we shifting from the terror threat to a new (alien) threat?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Really who is "feigning ignorance" when Radical Islam has been a can of worms that has been opened for over 40 years.

Oh thats perfect...the "War on Terror" was too specific for you? Maybe expand it to all those that practice "radical" Islam? How should we define "radical" that and how many bombs will that war take?

I appreciate that the current administration prefers it's military targets a little more specific and doesn't invade a country hunting for one man, but rather sends Seal Team six to visit.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

If "the war on terror" is truly over, then it sounds like they are paving the way for a new terror. Fear is how they control the masses, so it has to come from somewhere. Right now all they got is the 2012 Armageddon hoax, cartel wars in Mexico and teenage girl drama in the Middle East. They need something scary to happen soon and FAST!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I really don't think they care anymore.

TS is about to HTF. Im thinking during May in Chicago. but according to this thread, maybe tomorrow.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

To be honest, this "SHTF" tactic is one that has been used for many years. For example this is a Presidential campaign ad from the 60's:

edit on 26-4-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So if the War On Terror is over, when can we bring our boys home and when will America stop it with Pakistan and Afghanistan?

I don't think our boys will be brought home, the Administration will just find another pointless war.

However, one could always hope for the best and hope that our boys come home soon.

No, they can't come home. There's still American oil...I mean interests...to protect overseas. And too many civilians still alive that are standing on it. Go get 'em, Obama!

/TOA

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Point is...that DHS is really big and getting bigger. It really never was about terror. It was a made up organization in wake of the 911 attacks.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Today, the National Journal reported that a senior State Department official has announced, “The war on terror is over.” “Now that we have killed most of al Qaida,” the source said, “now that people have come to see legitimate means of expression, people who once might have gone into al Qaida see an opportunity for a legitimate Islamism.”

nation.foxnews.com...

So this is going to make some happy campers the anti war crowd and Al queda quite the shame we never learn from history.

Al queda is sitting there claiming victory and they have it pretty easy to be the winner when your foe gives up.

Good, the Big Government war on terror was just another scheme to expand government
and make money for the Military Industrial Complex.

Guess it's better to live on your knees.
edit on 25-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

No, it's better not to be a sheep and fight only when you need to

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Can someone point out to me how exactly Government has shrunk in the last 3 years?

I missed that in fact its bigger than ever.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Good bring all troops home, disband DHS and the TSA, repeal the patriot act, the military commissions act, NDAA and a host of other police state legislation and actions...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I shall start holding my breathe starting...now.
edit on 26-4-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join