It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immigration conspiracy. Something IS happening!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fxtrademark
post removed by staff

As i said, race was involved, but it was not the main reason for slavery. You think that people would travel to Africa to get slaves just because they are black? Grow up. I will ask you a question:

If you were living in the 19th century and had to do crap loads of labour, would you prefer to have slaves do it for you, or would you want to do it yourself?

Yes, slaves in the US were sold and auctioned, but this leads me to another question:

Would you want heaps of slaves to work for you to produce sustainable items for a low price, or would you want to hire an equal amount of white servants whom you would have to pay more to do the same thing?

Slavery was purely for economic reasons.
edit on Fri Apr 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fxtrademark

The Arabs were taking black slaves from Africa before the first European set foot in Africa so how did White Europeans start the slave trade?

You are naive and extremely ill informed. You are the problem with society today.

SMH

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

post removed by staff

Why didn't they use Native Americans as slaves? Because it was cheaper and easier to use Africans than to use Native Americans or other white people.

As i stated, slavery has always been used for economic reasons. using black slaves was cheaper than using others.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Because it makes no sense to enslave people that are already part of your empire and work for you as a citizens (and pay taxes), and also already have weapons and technology approximately on par with yours which they could use for defense if you attempt to enslave them. The resulting internal conflict would damage the empire. Conflicts must be exported, the farther the better.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

British slave trade was clearly based mainly on economic reasons, considering that the modern concept of race was not even around when British slave trade from Africa was already in full swing. With the advent of the concept of races, some people were using it to retroactively justify the enslavement of black people from Africa, which was already happening before the concept of race came around.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

post removed by staff

So WHITE british people had to go to africa then the usa to import their slaves, when they could get white slaves from britain?
Why didnt they get white slaves, such as irish or scottish people?
Oh wait i know why, because the american slave trade was based on race FIRST, and economic reasons second.

You sound like david duke with your racist rhetoric, god damn nazi.

Do your history rather than talking rubbish and name calling and acting childish.

Average, common white Brits (or just Brits as that was basically the only colour a Brit was at the time) at the time were treated terribly, but the population was the size that there was no scope to export whites. Research the conditions an average family lived in during the 1600, 1700, 1800 even early 1900! The population size meant no scope to export as workers. However, these people within their own borders were enslaved and lived in often horrific conditions. While the Upper classes flourished which gave the illusion of great wealth.

What you fail to understand about slavery is that everyone took part in it. prior to European slavery in Africa, the Arabs enslaved much of Africa following the fall of Rome, who enslaved most of Europe! Every country on the planet is guilty of slavery! Every race on the planet is guilty of slavery!

Stop looking at the past and trying to use a disgusting argument that people of today should suffer for the treatment that their people may have inflicted on others hundreds of years ago! It was not the whole population but just the ruling classes!

Please be objective and not just ignorant, you point and call the other guy a Nazi, believe me there are three fingers pointing back at you!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

The Arabs were taking black slaves from Africa before the first European set foot in Africa so how did White Europeans start the slave trade?

You are naive and extremely ill informed. You are the problem with society today.

SMH

Another clueless racist who frequents stormfrnot.

The arab slave trade wasnt based on race.
the white british slave trade was based on race.

WOW, just WOW!

No slave trade was based on race, not one except possibly internal tribal enslavery within, funny enough, mainly the Africa. The slave trade was purely economic! Can I just ask, how old are you?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The whole argument about slavery began when you claimed it was the british people that "started slavery", in response to the post that pointed out that they joined the international slave trade pretty late compared to other civilisations (and western civilisation was actually the one who ultimately ended it).

Slavery based on enslaving different ethnicities was present long before the british started doing it. The main motivation was also not racism, but economics, just like with other civilisations before that - considering that the british joined the slave trade before the modern concept of race was even formulated.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

The whole argument about slavery began when you claimed it was the british people that "started slavery", in response to the post that pointed out that they joined the international slave trade pretty late compared to other civilisations (and western civilisation was actually the one who ultimately ended it).

Slavery based on enslaving different ethnicities was present long before the british started doing it. The main motivation was also not racism, but economics, just like with other civilisations before that - considering that the british joined the slave trade before the modern concept of race was even formulated.

You should read some of the journals from the British expeditions to Africa, the British explorers certainly considered native blacks below them in every sense of the word, I guess that was for economic reasons as well? They were laws against marriage of whites to blacks, I guess that was for economic reasons as well? there are enough people alive in the United states who clearly remember and have experienced segregation, I guess they could tell me that segregation was for economic reasons as well?

I guess you being such a racist is also for economic reasons?

edit on 26-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

I talked only about slavery. Of course there were racists, or better to say xenophobes (since many of the examples you provide happened before the current concept of race or racism was even formulated). But again, that was no different than what was present in other civilisations far before that. The British were not the first, they did not "started" it. And the main motivation for slavery was economics, just like in other cultures around the world and before.
But they ended it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by QQXXw

You should read some of the journals from the British expeditions to Africa, the British explorers certainly considered native blacks below them in every sense of the word, I guess that was for economic reasons as well? They were laws against marriage of whites to blacks, I guess that was for economic reasons as well? there are enough people alive in the United states who clearly remember and have experienced segregation, I guess they could tell me that segregation was for economic reasons as well?

I guess you being such a racist is also for economic reasons?

edit on 26-4-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

And being critical of life 200 years ago with 200 years of knowledge to look back with is very arrogant and shows a complete lack of understanding and ignorance of time. If you went back 200 years ago, you would not be able to live during that period anywhere on Earth, neither would I, it's like an alien planet. People were different, 200 years on, we know more, we have experienced more, we learn from our mistakes. I can't believe that as liberal as you try to come across, you and InfoKartel and the other guy, you seem to be so ignorant of this fact and just result in childish name calling, which makes me believe that neither of you are adults, I've never known adults to use such little reason in their argument. I can see what you're saying, but it is wrong because of the reasons as stated, now be an adult and tell me why our arguments are wrong?
edit on 26-4-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by QQXXw

I talked only about slavery. Of course there were racists, or better to say xenophobes (since many of the examples you provide happened before the current concept of race or racism was even formulated). But again, that was no different than what was present in other civilisations far before that. The British were not the first, they did not "started" it. And the main motivation for slavery was economics, just like in other cultures around the world and before.
But they ended it.

The term race entered scientific literature before the end of slavery in the united states, there are plenty of texts written by whites which cite "racial differences" to argue for the continued enslavement of black people by white Christian landowners

You are such a coward, here you are cornered once again and what excuse will you use this time to run away from the fact that you are a racist ?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join