It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing Billionaires Push Israel´s Agenda in 2012 Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Here is an aspect of the Citizen's United supreme court decision which is rarely discussed in mainstream media.

Though most of us ATSers understand the unbalanced influence of the Pro-Israel money in the U.S. government, I can only shudder to think what the implications are of the possibility of unlimited electoral donations by other foreign interests.

What happens when China becomes the biggest donor, will all American industry move to China? Oh wait, that's already happened... I mean, what happens if criminal organizations become some of the largest donors, will the war on drugs ignore the "head honchos" and concentrate on the petty dealers? Oh wait, that's already happened... anyhow, you get the drift!?!

I must add the precision that the title (given by the producer of the video) is somewhat misleading in that BOTH Republicans AND Democrats are described as equal-opportunity vote whores, willing to sell out their country's sovereignty to the highest bidder.

The other thing I would like to add is that this problem is not exclusive to the American political system. Foreign money has incredible influence on every "free" democracy where elections must be "bought" and paid for by campaign contributions. (NOTE: The irony was intended! As sad a statement as that is.)

I know that sometimes it feels like beating a dead horse, but the more people can be made aware of how much power money has over politics the more things are likely to change.

the Billmeister

new topics

join