It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you remember from THAT day?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Anything you look back on 11 years later that stick out?

Heres mine.

A friend of mine that I was working with, got a phone call from his friend in Florida.

My friend had dropped out of pilot school. His friend was still there.

His friend told him that there was a "Arab" student at the school running down the hallways
cheering for what had just happened.

My friend said that his friend and his friends buddys beat the crap out of the guy.

I was standing next to my friend when he got the phone call.

Im wondering what happened to that Arab student.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I was at work in the UK, when a colleague who had a friend in New York received an email with the news. After a few minutes of struggling with CNN website to get images etc, I went home and watched on cable.

It was a shock to me on many levels. I was a student pilot and would have been on my way to a lesson that afternoon, the lesson plan being practiced forced landings (aviation speak for learning how to crash).

Had I not delayed my plans a month earlier, I would have been in California at a flight school that day.

When my lessons did resume on the 13th, I remember the interesting scenario of doing practice forced landings in the vicinity of a US airforce base (ie on British soil but run by USAF), which meant every time we dropped under radar (you go down to almost land in a random field ) we needed to give explicit notice on the radio each time and get permission - not a normal procedure!

One of the instructors on call that following week was a Saudi airline pilot who had been asked to not work for a bit, so he decided to do some tutoring (he normally did it occasionally as time permitted - many airline guys enjoy getting in small planes for any reason, so instructing is a great way to get paid for it) - anyway, he had even pulled his child out of school and had her hanging out in the flight school, as he was nervous about retaliations. Seems surreal now even talking about it.

But perhaps the most disturbing thing to me was I had spent some time helping someone edit a book that had posited the possibility that someone might hijack planes and hit a high value target, with the wtc being one possibility.
edit on 20-4-2012 by FlutterByte because: Spelling

edit on 20-4-2012 by FlutterByte because: Clarification about USAF

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlutterByte

But perhaps the most disturbing thing to me was I had spent some time helping someone edit a book that had posited the possibility that someone might hijack planes and hit a high value target, with the wtc being one possibility.
edit on 20-4-2012 by FlutterByte because: Spelling

This

Please tell more.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

First up, when I say "edit" I mean I helped him out with technically editing the book, I was not involved in an editorial capacity. He was self publishing a book on his computer and was struggling with the word processing software, so I showed him how to use some of the automatic footnote features, and on a few paragraphs here and there suggested alternate phrasing etc. in that respect I did not have a full handle on what the book was about till well after 9/11. I did however have a hardcopy of it months before the event, which I had leafed through.

It is best described as a book on biblical prophesy from the viewpoint of an eccentric charismatic evangelical christian, who is considered to be "prophetic" in some circles. I don't subscribe to all he writes on, however I will say he has a unique perspective that does warrant examination.

Edit: it appears he has removed the explicit reference to that prediction In the latest edition, possibly due to negative attention. There us also a link to his blog, which seems to mention a new book.

www.droy.freeserve.co.uk...

alfdroy.blogspot.com...

edit on 20-4-2012 by FlutterByte because: Link

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I worked a double the night before, i was so tired i fell asleep on the couch. i remember telling my wife don't wake me up unless ww3 happens, i'm exhausted.

i wake up around 11 something and see in big letters AMERICA UNDER ATTACK on my tv. I'm like, "we don't have HBO, so wth is this?" She says we're under attack, this is real, two planes just hit in NYC.

I jump right up and say "and you didn't wake me WHY?!

She said "you were tired".

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that statement.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I remember looking at the footage of the second impact when I got home from work and thinking to myself that it looked photoshopped, seriously that was my first thought, not that I thought it was a conspiracy back then at all, but that´s what crossed my mind.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Here is another thing. I had a TiVo. one of the first ones.

In fact, I was working part time at TiVos call center.

I watched the buildings fall on 100 tv screens.

We were all quiet.

My TiVo recorded MSNBC that morning. It recorded TV before the world changed.

It didnt record any of the live events that morning.

it stopped recording about 3 hours before the planes hit.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I woke up and turned the TV on for the weather. I can't be sure but I think it was Sky News (AUS) that made the call to replay the event for Australian viewers as if it was live and at the right times. ie I was watching it at 9.0am in the morning.

I was shocked. Seeing people jump ......... it was horrible.

Seeing the first building collapse .... my mind went from a very sad place as I realized that the deaths would be horrendous. My analytical mind said ... crap ...... are you guys lucky ...... the damn thing went straight down ..... that's near impossible ....... buy cripes ....... lucky. Could have been like dominoes......

Then the second building went down and my emotional self froze solid ...... my analytical side said ... F%^& Off, that is just not possible.

It was while I was watching the second building going down that I knew beyond doubt that this was a staged event. That is all I needed. Big tall structures can not fall straight down.

Up unitil that day I was glad that Australia and the US are friends. After that my attitude changed.

It was a sad sad day for the human race.

P

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Then the second building went down and my emotional self froze solid ...... my analytical side said ... F%^& Off, that is just not possible.

It was while I was watching the second building going down that I knew beyond doubt that this was a staged event. That is all I needed. Big tall structures can not fall straight down.

Me too man, me too.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I remember my 15 year old son looking disgusting as he was watching the news, and then walking away muttering about the corruption in the US government.
Wise beyond his years
edit on 20-4-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I was beginning my senior year of high school and was in English class. I remember my economics teacher (who had several televisions running at once in his classroom for financial data) coming up and down the halls saying that something just happened. We revolted as a class against the English teacher and headed down to the economic teacher's room. Probably about 100 of us stuffed into a small classroom.

I caught the second plane hitting on tv, and I knew right then that it wasn't what it appeared to be. I'd been into the conspiracy stuff since the age of 11, and it just didn't seem right. Even on that day I said that it was an inside job. Of course people ostracized me for it, but I didn't care. To this day I still swear that it was known that it was going to happen or that it was all set up that day.

When building 7 fell, I said "controlled demo" in front of the entire history class that was watching it happen live, as we had a late afternoon history club meeting. The only person who agreed with me was the teacher, and he said "exactly."

That day is still burned in my memory. A lot of kids went home thinking that it was WWIII. I said that it wasn't and just wait and see what the Fed was going to do. Turns out I was right.

11 years later, several unconstitutional bills/laws later, and we're no safer now than we were then.

-TS

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I woke up that morning, I was still living at my parents house. I got up and went upstairs, and my dad had the day off of work and was watching the news. He said that some kind of accident had happened in New York and a plane hit the WTC. I was shocked and in disbelief. We watched it together for about 10 minutes when a second plane hit the other tower. I knew then it was not an accident and that something really wrong is going down. We watched for a while longer and then the towers started to fall. I had a feeling of apocalyptic grief and wondered what is going to happen next, and how America is going to get up in arms and start killing people. I then thought about how President Bush said on his first day of office "I am a wartime President" and knew that this is what he was talking about.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I was at work, when a co-worker came over to us and said his wife just called and said the WTC was hit by a plane. We went to my bosses cube and turned on the radio and heard a live report from the scene. The announcer was interviewing a witness when the second plane hit. This is the part, I truly will never forget, the announcer was so shaken he could not continue and the man he was interviewing took over the broadcast.

We like most others were sent home. Watching things unfold on the news it got scary. I live close to WPAFB and fighters were scrambling and there were a few sonic booms over the area and people were frightened thinking the booms were bombs.

It was a horrible time. I refuse to watch any coverage/movies of it still. I just get sad and mad.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I was in Melbourne, Australia; northern suburbs. September is the first month of Spring for us. I think it was a Tuesday morning, but I'm not exactly sure. I was 24 years old.

It was about 2 or 3 in the morning when 9/11 happened, local time. It was a very hot, humid night, although for Spring, that isn't necessarily hugely unusual. We had only recently installed FoxTel, the new cable TV system, a few months before. At the time, free to air was still standard, and cable television was still relatively new in Australia.

I was sitting next to my father in the living room. We were channel surfing, watching Fox News, and remarking with stunned incredulity on the brainless fascism of Bill O'Reilly, as usual.

Then we started getting the first footage coming in. It was very sudden. One moment everything was calm, and it was an entirely normal day in America, we assumed. The next, there was a dramatic looking text banner of "AMERICA UNDER ATTACK," across the bottom of the screen. The announcers and news people became very animated, particularly on Fox. CNN had some coverage as well, and we bounced back and forth between them and Fox a bit. I thought CNN were a little less biased, but then, I've always considered Fox fascist.

My father kept saying, "the Yanks are going to go mad now! They will really take the gloves off after this," and similar things. I remember, and this is one of the first things that made me suspicious, that even in the first few minutes, even while the smoke and debris were still raining down, Osama bin Laden's name was already being mentioned by the media. That never made sense to me. I thought, they claim that they didn't know this was coming, and it caught them by surprise, and yet they immediately claim to know who was responsible for it?

9/11 felt foreign. It felt even at the time as though a portal had been opened between my own timeline...my own universe...and another one...a bad one. One where the Georgia Guidestones scenario had successfully taken place. One where the Illuminati got their wish of 95% population reduction.

In the intervening years, I've come to believe that we can still stop the cabal. We have to stop them.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Based on a talk show I had listened to the day before, I was expecting the Stock Market to tank on 9/11. When a friend called that morning and said "it's started', I thought that's what she was talking about.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Originally posted by pheonix358

Me too man, me too.

Hmm.... I was at work. My wife was at home and as soon as she saw the news coverage, she threw a tape in the VCR and hit record. It starts shortly after the second plane hit and ends six hours later. I watched most of it that night. I was amazed.that the Towers stood as long as they did prior to collapsing. I saw absolutely no evidence of a controlled demolition. None.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
the first minute of MSM cover they already announced Bin Laden did it

looking down lexington avenue and watching the 1st, then 2nd towers disappear

a blank space where they always stood

the stark smell of BURNT HUMAN FLESH that persisted in the air for about a month at least

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I was riding the sofa with some coffee when the first news flash came ...

My initial reaction once the first collapse started was " No F***ing Way "

My reaction was based on having been in the upper part of the last tower to be finished during construction .

The support for that structure was massive !

I knew instinctively the any collapse should have been partial and asymmetrical .

Not at all what we saw ..

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
If I remember right, they had already collapsed by the time I got home and was able to watch the news. I was numb most of the day, don't remember much about the footage, but I do remember a few things very clearly: the news was constantly interspersing the tower footage with images of Muslims in some other country cheering, and the manic scramble to pin it on some sort of Muslim interest (which changed from the Palestine Liberation Front to Al Qaeda and probably other groups throughout the day).

Just thinking about that for a few moments just now, I was struck by a thought. How could there possibly have been ANY confusion whatsoever about who did this to us? How was there ever a moment when we did not know with certainty who claimed responsibility? In my mind, one of two scenarios should have taken place that day: either a foreign country or a rogue element attacked us for a specific purpose and would publicly state that they had (meaning NO ambiguity as to the culprit) or a shadow organization had attacked us, and didn't WANT to be known (meaning no news network would have had a name to give us while the towers were still crumbling into dust).

Since what actually happens doesn't fit into either of these categories, I'm forced to assume something else happened: regardless of who actually did it, we were led to believe, with frightening rapidity, that an Arab Muslim interest was responsible.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My daughter was born on 9/9, so on 9/11 we were taking her home from the hospital. We didn't have the TV on in the hospital room, because we were anxiously awaiting the doctor to come and officially release us.

When a nurse came in, she said, "You don't have your TV on, so you missed it. Some nut flew a plane into one of the twin towers." We were like, "Whaaaa?" We turned on the TV and caught the second plane hitting.

I remember driving home from the hospital with the news on the radio - hearing about the pentagon plane, and the other plane that crashed. It was definitely surreal. I also remember being so angry - not only because of what happened to all the people, but because this was supposed to be a wonderful, exciting day for our family, and it was pretty much ruined. I thought, what kind of a world are we bringing this child into? We didn't know how far this had extended, and when it was going to end.

My husband was very depressed about the whole thing. He had the cable news on pretty much 24/7, until about the 3rd day, when I insisted it get turned off. We had a new baby, and I was damned if I was going to let those a-holes ruin it anymore for me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join