It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on with time????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I was trying to avoid posting this but after today i think i have to take a hint.
First off, i am abit of a lucid dreamer, have big interest in OBE's and similar phenomena. So am quite experienced in these fields.
Virtually every time i am in a dream state or sleep paralysis i am somewhat aware that i am, so it is a very rare occurrence that i cant tell the difference between being awake or asleep.

Now to the kicker!

For some time now, i will wake say 9am look at my clock notice the time then go back to sleep, only to wake up and find its 7:30am or an hour or 2 earlier.
Now i have been writing this off as me just being to sleepy and am reading the time wrong, but it keeps happening, and i am quite with it even seconds after waking as i am always lucid.

After this morning was the final draw.

I woke to realize it was 7:20am, i had set an alarm for 7.10am and realized this hadn't gone off. My partner was supposed to wake at 7:10 to get ready for work so woke her, saying your gonna be late. anyway she gets up, and gets ready, i doze off again for a few minutes. About 1 minute later the alarm goes of and it 7:10Am

I am totally confused to whats going on. My only thoughts are my astral body is moving forward and back in time and i am not aware of this.. but that seems slightly far fetched to me with my current abilities..

What are your thoughts, anyone else experience similar unknown occurrences?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is rather interesting. I have no experiances in that feild but looking forward to astral projection within the next month through a natural drug which I won't mentioned because last time I made a forum about it, it got deleted and I ended up getting a warning.

I hope someone here can provide an insight with what may be causing this problem you are experiancing. I really hope it's nothing big for your sake.

Good luck though.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

This has happened to me quite a few times the past 6 months or so.
It's a weird experience isn't it.
The first time it happened, I shrugged it off and just thought I read the time wrong. But it keeps happening, a couple of times a month maybe.

Not really sure what it could be. But you're not alone.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've woken up several times feeling like I've slept for hours and it's only a few minutes later. Other times, I wake up and look at the clock, go back to sleep, wake up again and it is the same time or just a few minutes later. I don't have answers to what it is but it's strange. My husband has experienced this too.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It sounds downright freaky. Forgive me for coming to the obvious possibility first...but could this be a trick of your own mind? Perhaps you're waking in a dream before waking for real? It's a wild suggestion...but the alternative is far beyond just wild!

If I might suggest something, since this seems to happen more than the one-off incident for you. Get a notepad and stick it between you and your alarm clock so it can't be lost or overlooked...and write a quickie one liner note with the date, time and one single, short thought. Doesn't matter what. Anything works. You just want an anchor of sorts to look back on later..even weeks later..and have SOME reference of what was of interest or concern at that moment in your notebook record.

Then...See if you wake to an earlier moment with the note you wrote BEFORE that, actually there. Or ..not? Either way, tells you a lot. The note for context? Well...If it's not there, will you even recall on the second waking what it was supposed to be on the paper? Again..so many little things I believe this approach would help you answer for yourself.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
you're not actually waking up...you are dreaming it.

i woke up from a nap on three times the other day.

but i only really got up once.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Funny this subject has come up. I have experienced something known as shadow images occurring lately. Let me explain what i mean........

Im sitting at my desk in front of my computer and suddenly i see someone go down the stairs not but 3 feet away from me. I go check it out and no ones there. I disregard it as just my eyes playing tricks on me. The very next week my dog is next to me and gets up and i see the same thing again. She gets up and runs towards the stairs but stops and looks puzzled as what she was following has disappeared.

One month later my mom is sitting in the living room with me at 12:45 pm and my dog is also there too. Suddenly we see my younger brother age 21 come up from the stairs and head toward the bedroom. My dog gets up to the usual routine of greeting him, But before he gets more than 7 feet from the stairs he disappears instantly which freaks the both of us out because my dog has stopped were he disappeared. We look for him but hes not there. We call his phone and hes still at work and has not been home since leaving early in the morning.

And here's the freaky part .......Its now 12:26pm ??? wtf?

My phone, The clock on all the walls, and even my computer says its now 12:26pm .

I don't know whats happening but it has not been the only time this has happened.

I noticed a pattern tho.

It happens before a large event is about to happen. (Disasters )
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: info

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
you're not actually waking up...you are dreaming it.

i woke up from a nap on three times the other day.

but i only really got up once.

Thats could be the cause for the other times, but not the one this morning with my partner leaving for work, she woke at 7:20, but was out of the house at about 7:15 after i woke the 2nd time. That would mean i was imagining she slept over the night before...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Next time it happens, try to see what happens by letting a camera film all night and morning. You could then playback and see if the clocks start behaving weirdly, if things happen backwards, etc. between 7h 10 and 7h 20 while you sleep. It might help solve the mystery... or prove you can influence time.

edit on 19-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
My Son isn't the best sleeper and he wakes in the night quite often (He's 2 and a half). Many times he has woken me up, I've looked at the clock saw it was 7am, got out of bed and taken him downstairs for the day only for the clock in the kitchen to say half past four or something.

I have no idea what the cause is? I've always put it down to my half-a-sleep reading of the clock. As far as I know this has never happened to my wife? Well she hasn't admitted to it anyway

edit on 19/4/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

It sounds downright freaky. Forgive me for coming to the obvious possibility first...but could this be a trick of your own mind? Perhaps you're waking in a dream before waking for real? It's a wild suggestion...but the alternative is far beyond just wild!

If I might suggest something, since this seems to happen more than the one-off incident for you. Get a notepad and stick it between you and your alarm clock so it can't be lost or overlooked...and write a quickie one liner note with the date, time and one single, short thought. Doesn't matter what. Anything works. You just want an anchor of sorts to look back on later..even weeks later..and have SOME reference of what was of interest or concern at that moment in your notebook record.

Then...See if you wake to an earlier moment with the note you wrote BEFORE that, actually there. Or ..not? Either way, tells you a lot. The note for context? Well...If it's not there, will you even recall on the second waking what it was supposed to be on the paper? Again..so many little things I believe this approach would help you answer for yourself.

It could be.. but its doing a very good job if so haha, i like your idea so i think i shall try it!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

mmm this is good idea to! may have trouble hunting down a camera tho ;(

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Wow that is different! i like it when your dog see's it to, then you know your not going insane!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Ahhhhhh!!! I had a very important function to attend today and didn't want to be late. I'm one of those people that sets the alarm at intervals every hour, from four hours before I wake. Had to be up at 7. 3 AM alarm went off. Went back to sleep. 4 AM rang, went back to sleep. 5 AM goes off, you get the picture. 6 AM goes off, think, 'Bleep I have to get up in an hour'. 7 AM goes off, look at the time, it's 5 AM. Been messing with my head all day. I'm hugely skeptical, and figure this was me dreaming... but weird you posted this.

I have incredibly vivid dreams, but never about being in my own bed, waking up etc... Man I am a huge HUGE skeptic. I would call BS on me right now. Thank you OP, your thread is my excuse to drink tonight (didn't last night... and never any drugs in me-caffeine, nicotine and booze aside). Maybe Tylenol if I were ever to break a bone.

link   

You mean you don't own a camera? Well, does your computer have one? Even if it's cheap, as long as it can film your room and that you make sure it catches your clock's face, anything could do the job.

link   

Regarding the shadow images you see in the corner of you eyes. Haha, I've had several of those experiances this year alone but shurgged it off as it was nothing and didn't really think much of it, until I read your post. Pretty odd really.

Maybe our clocks are being affected by solar distruptions? Who knows.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Hello!

I too am a lucid dreamer, I have noticed a big change in timescaopes in my dreams, i have spent whole months in dreams recently, when I have only been asleep for 5 or so minutes, something that never happened before, even if I wanted it to. I've always had control over time in my dreams, but recently, it's a big no no

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Regarding the shadow images you see in the corner of you eyes. Haha, I've had several of those experiances this year alone but shurgged it off as it was nothing and didn't really think much of it, until I read your post. Pretty odd really.

Maybe our clocks are being affected by solar distruptions? Who knows.

Not trying ot get off topic, but i have been seeing ALOT of weird things in the corners of my eyes to, even friends are reporting it. The common 2 are shadow human figures and flashes of light over hillsides at night time, both seen in the corner of eyes.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I woke to realize it was 7:20am, i had set an alarm for 7.10am and realized this hadn't gone off. My partner was supposed to wake at 7:10 to get ready for work so woke her, saying your gonna be late. anyway she gets up, and gets ready, i doze off again for a few minutes. About 1 minute later the alarm goes of and it 7:10Am

So this begs the question, on the second round of 7:10am, was your partner still there asleep, or had she already gone?

If she was still there, undeniably a dream session and it was actually 7:10am this time.

If she was gone...and it was 7:10am again...where was she?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

haha i dont actually! im sure i can work something out tho

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join