It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battleship Film/Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I watched this last night and have to say I have never in my life seen such an obvious attempt to recruit for the Navy.

It opens with a no hoper living on a couch, he joins the Navy and next time you see him he's got the girl of his dreams and a job where he gets to be in charge of Rihanna!!

The whole film is a recruitment drive.

I found a few bits disturbing-

- the film shows the media reporting about riots after the attacks, yet only shows riots in the UK. Talks about riots and the UK government imposing martial law.

With Hollywood's history of revealing stuff beforehand, I found this to be quite unsettling. I mentioned this to my girlfriend and she said each country would show their own country- so for US people who have seen it, where the riots shown in the USA?

We then have the idea of the old WW2 battleship coming into battle- USS Enterprise is currently in the Gulf- are they setting up the idea in people's minds for a false flag?

Maybe I read too much into it, at one point a guy says of the attacks- 'It's the North Koreans I'm telling you!' so maybe they were just taking the piss I don't know.

The film's poster says-

'THE BATTLE FOR EARTH BEGINS AT SEA' MAY 2012.

It's been moved forward for release, if the USS Enterprise is attacked in May that would be too obvious but please people, if the Enterprise is sunk by 'Iran', don't buy it.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Act of Valor was originally a recruitment video until somebody decided to market it.

Groups using media to sway opinion isnt anything new.

It always amazed me how being shot at for some pseudo-cause can be glamorized and even more amazing is that people buy into that crap in droves.

A bunch of rich people decide to send the poor people off to catch bullets. How heroic!

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
the movie looks rediculous, michael bay is insane as this looks like a carbon copy of transformers, anybody see all the recycled footage he used throughout the transformers trilogy? what a bucket case. i hope time rids him of any more potential fame as a 13 year old familiar with call of duty could lead the same action sequences as he does.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

how did you see it, the movie isn't out yet.

( i asked this after the thread )
edit on 30-4-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I thought it was a fun movie.

There were quite a few technical issues, things that could not happen.

But , I liked it.

new topics

top topics

join