It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone can help me please??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I am looking for a proxy program, free downloadable, so I can hide my IP. Please don't ask why I want to hide my IP, I'll tell you why: freedom and avoid being spied on by the Illuminati.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hey your best bet is this download.cnet.com... this is a good proxy program and you will be able to encrypt your ip and what not, hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Google is your friend.
You can google proxy service.
or if you're even more paranoid.
Look into VPN services.
That way all of your traffic is encrypted from your computer to the VPN service.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Hi, just google proxyserver list, you get a whole list, pick one and enter the webadress and you´re good to go.

www.proxyserverlist.org...
edit on 17-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

Btw, some websites won´t let you join as a member when you use a proxy.
edit on 17-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

link   
just lookup tor (the open relay) as it will give you a random ip address or if you want to you can even tell it to use a proxy in a particular country and cycle through the countries to make the chance of getting the same connection twice in a row to zero but doing more than just web browsing will require some skills to configure the software to use the tor proxies

link   
reply to post by swan001

If you're looking for a simple web proxy, try anonymouse.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
more simple: startpage.com = search provider (no gggle) and proxy combined.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
In the grand scheme of things, nothing computer related is safe.

The people that make these software packages are probably the very people you are hiding from, therefore more than likely have a back door.

If they want your info, they will get it.

If you want to keep info safe, keep it between your ears.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Stopping short of a full proxy, Ixquick.com (same company that runs startpage.com search engine already mentioned - I highly recommend pretty much all of their engines) also lets you open search results in their proxy.

They don't retain IPs, don't advertise to you, and provide proxy services. God bless 'em.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Give it time.

They will either be bought out or someone will start putting the temptation of money in front of them. All good things must come to an end, at least that has been the way for the last several decades.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
if you do use a specific proxy service check where in the world they are based as they will have to obey the laws of the country so theres no point trying to out wit the american goverment by using an american based proxy service as they'll just pull the logs and all you have done is caused them a bit more work which will make them more annoyed

and even using a proxy wont help you if they can get to both sides of the communication as they can start to put 2 and 2 together especially based on your usage which the isp will be able to see even if not whats actually being transmitted especially if they can link logon/logoff usage on the naughty site to your actual usage etc

we all leave digital fingerprints as we surf the web its just making it harder for someone to put the pieces back together so a custom linux boot disk with the enough software that just uses the memory will remove any lasting traces from your machine for stuff you dont want tracked but can be a pain remembering passwords etc

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thanks alot.

I will give all your suggestions a try. I gave a star to ALL of you.
Thanks again to all of you.

edit on 17-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
you could use "Tor" it uses "pipes" , they redirect you around so ppl can't see your proxy they see the pipe proxy that you using , granted they can see your using tor , but not your proxy (some ISP's will not let tor through, they block it) hope this helps

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well the fact that you have to ask for a proxy program tells me you are not really doing anything that needs a proxy. So you are probably doing it to avoid being "tracked". Since you are not doing anything that really requires a proxy you are not really doing anything proxy you are not going to be doing anything that requires tracking.
So the only thing a proxy will actually do for you is slow down your connection.
Read the terms and conditions of these free proxies, they are in no way safe or hiding anything from anyone.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Since no one else seems to have mentioned it that I saw, May i recommend two.
TOR
Ultrasurf

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oops, someone did beat me to TOR, just saw it as I was re-reading the thread. Sorry, but it is good and could use being mentioned more than once.

new topics

top topics

join