It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 'Green Collar' Jobs Have Been a Bust

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Obama's 'Green Collar' Jobs Have Been a Bust
Breitbart - Reuters

It's all starting to get exposed.

Little by little.

Trouble is, it's big money gone down the drain.

Nothing wrong with energy that works.

BUT

It's the graft and corruption that gives all the mad-dog supporters a bad name.

A recent lengthy report by Reuters confirms what many conservatives have long known: President Obama's promise to create millions of so-called "green jobs" has been a colossal and expensive failure.

A few highlights from the report:

*Since 2009, the wind industry has lost 10,000 jobs, even as the energy capacity of wind farms has almost doubled. By contrast, the oil and gas industry have created 75,000 jobs since Mr. Obama took office.

*"A $500 million job-training program has so far helped fewer than 20,000 people find work, far short of its goal." The program was so bad that "the Labor Department's inspector general recommended last fall that the agency should return the $327 million that remained unspent." They didn't. And now, the department "remains far short of its goal of placing 80,000 workers into green jobs by 2013."

*According to the Labor Department's own figures, the push for so-called "green jobs" has been an abysmal failure. "By the end of 2011, some 16,092 participants had found new work in a "green" field, according to the Labor Department - roughly one-fifth of its target."

The article also highlights the degree to which Obama's big jobs promises have fallen flat. For example, in 2008, Obama promised that "investing" $150 billion taxpayer dollars would create 5 million jobs over 10 years. Obama and Vice President Joe Biden's past green jobs statements now read like punchlines:

*"We'll put nearly half a million people to work building wind turbines and solar panels, constructing fuel-efficient cars and buildings, and developing the new energy technologies that will lead to new jobs," he said at a wind-turbine plant in Ohio the day before he took office.

*In December 2009, Vice President Joe Biden said the effort would create 722,000 green jobs.

None of this will come as a surprise to conservatives and Republicans. Indeed, the ream of failed green energy stories is endless. Still, it's encouraging to see a consensus among mainstream media begin to sprout--even if green jobs aren't.

AND ‘Alternative Energy’ Fails, Costs Taxpayers In Arizona

In Coconino County, Arizona, Arizona Public Service – the energy utility that provides power to millions of Arizona residents – has announced that it will not be buying any more power from local wind farms. Apparently, the wind farms have been a complete bust, producing energy at a low rate and charging a high one.

Now, APS will be forced to buy solar energy, since there is a state mandate that 15 percent of its energy come from “renewable sources” by 2025. “Right now, it looks like solar – photovoltaic – is the lowest-cost resource,” lamented Gordon Samuel, the future energy supplies planner at APS.

Just a year ago, in February 2011, Coconino County supervisors okayed 62 wind turbines over the objections of local residents, who argued that they were an annoying eyesore that would not generate ample power. “It was all I could do not to jump up and down and yell ‘I told you so! I told you so!’” said Linda Webb, an opponent of the build.

Have we been robbed ??

"[color=#dc1400]G [color=#dc3c00]U [color=#dc7800]L [color=#dca000]P you can believe in..."

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Have We Been Robbed,,,,,, It's More Like Rape for the amount of $500 Million or More!

House Republicans are expanding their probe into the Obama administration's energy programs, investigating $500 million in green job training grants that reached just 10% of its job-placement goal, according to a government report.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama has no faith in markets. He thinks he can just will an industry into existence absent any demand.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I've seen plenty of anti-Obama threads from you...but you're just preaching to the choir on this site

Is there a candidate you support? Will you be voting for Romney in the general election?

Without a solution, there is no point here. It's like complaining that winter is too cold and never considering getting a jacket
edit on 17-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I invented Variable Area Propeller that makes wind cheaper than gas... maybe that's why I'm unemployed... or maybe its not enough kissing [feet? knees? bellies?... well best not guess any more].

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
I've seen plenty of anti-Obama threads from you...but you're just preaching to the choir on this site
Is there a candidate you support? Will you be voting for Romney in the general election?
Without a solution, there is no point here. It's like complaining that winter is too cold and never considering getting a jacket
edit on 17-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Per the Political Compas (2012 candidates) Romney=Obama like Obama=Bush... So far I'm figuring I'll be writing in...

Ron Paul / Dennis Kusinich for 2012.
edit on 4/17/2012 by reitze because: +link

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
Have We Been Robbed,,,,,, It's More Like Rape for the amount of $500 Million or More!

House Republicans are expanding their probe into the Obama administration's energy programs, investigating $500 million in green job training grants that reached just 10% of its job-placement goal, according to a government report.

www.usatoday.com...

[self-deleted to avoid a "rape'able" speech and associated status]...

Like Green collar = a joke to bust on you.

Like consider the nuc plant shut downs = UNSAFE... thorium reactors can "reprocess" the deadly waste in those percarious above groud fuel pools into inert matter... rather than more fukushima type disasters.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Yes your being robbed for a lie green jobs is one of the biggest lies by the left wing of America the simple fact jobs have been created trillions have been created just not here.

In a Speech in India OBama says we want to be your largest consumers just like we are the largest consumer of chinese products and green technology.

Yes we have been robbed and they are cheering take more of our money and give it to more corporations who go figure are OBamas largest doners.

Which means you work your money you earn it the Government steals it gives to corporations their CEO's give it to OBama.

Legalized money laundering.
edit on 17-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I said this would happen in 2008. I said to Liberals here and elsewhere "just look at Spain!" .. Spain was Europes largest "Green" producers, the largest in the World even .. the down side was that every Green job created cost approx 3. Now they have almost no Green manufacturing and the highest unemployment rate.

"Green" kills jobs. Great for the environment (sometimes) but .. bad for jobs. It's expensive.. unreliable.. takes up huge amounts of space.. and did i mention expensive?

I know a guy who got so worked up about everything "Green" he paid $50,000 for enough solar panels to power his house. He doesn't pay much of an electric bill now.. but I figure at my average monthly electric bill (about $100) it would take me over 41 years to make up the cost of doing something like solar power my house.
(I should add we live in Oregon ... where it's cloudy and raining 70% of the year, putting solar panels on your house here is simply stupid)

Liberals have good intentions.. but they have no common sense.
edit on 4/17/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
There is NO such thing as Green Jobs. They are technology jobs, manufacturing jobs, and engineering jobs. The liberals are just too deep into their Global Warming Religion to realize that this is an issue they agree with Republicans on. Is it Ironic that the the Oil companies are the ones who are getting tax breaks for investing/using so-called green energy and claiming that they have green jobs. This word was actually created by the liberals to further divide the country because they do not want to admit that they want to help the private sector in energy policies as well!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You know why it's been a failure?

Because the U.S is full of simpletons that refuse to know any way of life other than what the government has given them.

These same [snip] simpletons are the same global warming-denying,. outright-lying, birth-certificate harangling jackasses that inevitably wreck any attempt at progress.

I hope you people are happy with yourselves and your stubborn refusal to embrace anything other than oil. You can enjoy it when that ship sinks because it will.

edit on 18/4/12 by masqua because: removed profanity

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
it failed in spain w3ell before the US ever got on the band wagon
what was that solar company that just stole the green money, what last year
solendra or something?
triple digit millions I think it was..

there's your trouble.
edit on 17-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Wanna know why green energies fail???

Because the oil industry (you know, the direct competition to green energy) is disproportionally subsidized by government welfare!!! They get subsidized so much, it makes it pretty much impossible for green energies to compete.

THAT'S why green energies aren't profitable yet, because bought sock puppet politicians who pretend to love free market (lol) skew competition by subsidizing their main corporate donor...the oil industry

Having said that, you can blame Obama for not taking way those oil subsidies...tax payer money that is going to the MOST PROFITABLE COMPANIES IN THE WORLD (Exxon & co.) so they won't have to pay taxes!

How on earth do you expect clean energy to compete with that???

Of course the conservative simpletons (mostly Palin followers) will scream "seeeeeeeeee, green energy is a failure, i KNEW IT!!!" without realizing that this is only the case because they themselves are funding corporate welfare allowing the oil industry to win out over green energies. They are essentially cheering on corporate welfare

I also have to say, xuenchen's last few thread contents are pretty much garbage. You pretend that your "threads" are somehow in favor of the right, but once you start digging a bit deeper than the thread title, you end up realizing that it's actually complete and utter nonsense.

So yeah, green energy is a failure, correct. But you pretend that's a failure of green energy (and Obama, after all...it's campaign season, right) without doing any real research to figure out why that is...that's kinda sad. Try digging a bit deeper and ask "why is that" a bit more often

edit on 17-4-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Did you notice the problems the brits had with thier Windmills?
when they need them the most it happens the wind doesn't blow.

yamaha 4 stroke marine engines 99 percent of the problems the marinas are seeing is caused by the interaction of moisture and alcohol in the gas
the alcohol is mandated.

Palin handles her alcohol a lot better then a four stroke marine engin does

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Palin handles her alcohol a lot better then a four stroke marine engin does

Hahaha, that might be true...but then again, I'm pretty sure the four stroke marine engine beats her in the brain cell department

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The entire stimulus package worth billions was all just special interest money Obama gave away. Didn't stop unemployment, inflation, the housing market crash, the stock market... all it did was put money in union coffers and green energy companies that take the money and run (go bankrupt).

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
The entire stimulus package worth billions was all just special interest money Obama gave away. Didn't stop unemployment, inflation, the housing market crash, the stock market... all it did was put money in union coffers and green energy companies that take the money and run (go bankrupt).

Or you could wake up from your dream and compare those green subsidies with the amount the oil industry gets EVERY SINGLE YEAR. That way, you'd realize what nonsense your post is

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Don't count on it happening.

ATS is the last resort for the same dumbasses that got us into this mess into the first place. The macho, patriot types that claim to love the constitution but will support conservative efforts to [snip] it up.
edit on 18/4/12 by masqua because: removed profanity

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would love to hear from a conservative here on ATS as to why they think the Oil Industry that is making record profits deserves government subsidies still???

They HATE subsidies to get green technology moving...but you never hear them complain about giving subsidies to the industry that is making record profits.

I completely understand why the oil industry continues to lobby for it...hey...it's free money...but why would the every day common joes be in support of something like that? Brainwashed?

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I would love to hear from a conservative here on ATS as to why they think the Oil Industry that is making record profits deserves government subsidies still???

Well, for one thing Oil companies are transitioning or at least claiming they are transitioning to "greener solutions" for whatever they do/invest in. Oil companies and technology companies invest the most in so-called green technology. Which makes logical sense does it not? So most of the subsidies you are talking about are going to oil companies because well they are energy companies and have the money to invest in these projects. Name me a green startup that has done relatively well in the past few years?

Some of us want no subsides for any companies! IMHO

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join