It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories for why the government is covering up the existence of extraterrestrial beings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I posted this in another topic recently. As it fits this topic, here it is again:

Many are attributing the government's cover-up motive as to protect society from it's own fear of the unknown. Hogwash. A lot of society is open to the concept of extraterrestrial life, a sizable portion of society believes in ET life and in the government cover-up. If the government's cover-up was for the well being of the people, it would not be terrorizing people and assasinating them. So why the cover-up? Ask yourself this:

1. If you had an unprecedented advantage in power/economy/technology, which would tilt the balance of power in your favour, would you share it with others?

2. If you had made secret treaties with rouge/self-serving alien factions for exchanges of techology for humans and cattle, would you tell the public?

3. If you had technology and knowledge as to eradicate global poverty, usher in an age of equanimity and prosperity for all, would you hide it?

4. If you could enlighten the world with knowledge of space-brothers, higher cultures and higher forms of spirituality, to answers many of our questions and to bring greater purpose and meaning to our lives, why wouldn't you do it?

5. If your would lose the power you had, if you disclosed, would you?

6. If you could have so much power, that you could become a god, would you deny it?

The above appeal to our human weaknesses; the hunger for power and ego. This is the MAIN reason why the cover-up exists. Many, would do the same.

[edit on 26-9-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
We can all thank the US for getting the world a bad deal on a damn alien contract, If the Eisenhower first contact thing is for real then America choose wrong big time, And I thought We were all about Peace and justice if we were we would of gone with the damn NORDIC ALIEN RACE!!!!!!!

THANK YOU EISENHOWER!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

3. If you had technology and knowledge as to eradicate global poverty, usher in an age of equanimity and prosperity for all, would you hide it?

That would in no way benefit the government.

4. If you could enlighten the world with knowledge of space-brothers, higher cultures and higher forms of spirituality, to answers many of our questions and to bring greater purpose and meaning to our lives, why wouldn't you do it?

Exactly why wouldnt they? Thats what the question here is.

Other than those two points i agree.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Why do you think the government has gone out of it's way to cover up the existence of extraterrestrial beings? Any theories and ideas are welcome.

In what way has the government gone out of its way to cover up the existence of ETs?

MK

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think a UFO did crash in roswell and I think back then either they covered it up to stop mass panic or they wanted to reverse engineer the technology or probably both.Now adays I don't think they cover it up of fear of mass panic, but maybe part of it is to keep thier technology secret, but mostly I think they cover it up is because they have been lying for so long that if they just came out and told people it would make the public very angry at the goverment for lying and keeping it a secret for so long.People would lose what little trust they have for the the goverment and the goverment would lose all credability they have.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

In what way has the government gone out of its way to cover up the existence of ETs?

First, I think that the government has tried and succeeded in covering up many encounters that would prove once and for all the existence of extraterrestrials. I my self have no solid material proof, but I believe that the accounts by dozens of individuals are proof enough, whether it comes to the Roswell incident or any other conspiracy in which people were manipulated by the government to keep quiet or else.

Second, my question does not suggest that the government has or has not done anything, it merely asks your theory on why it would cover up extraterrestrial existence if it chose to. Like I said before, this question can be answered whether or not you believe in the existence of aliens or whether or not you think the government has done anything to cover it up.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Here are a couple of theories in response to your query:

1) If the Roswell scenario is the real deal (which I admit I believe that it is STILL the motherlode event), then this is a case of how does the Government stop lying once the Big Lie was put in place in 1947 - the formation of MJ-12 to analyze the Recovery and to maintain secrecy at all costs. How could any politician come out with the Truth at this point?

2) Nation states, power elites, economic and religious institutions depend on the notion that those who are in charge are there because they are more intelligent and more worthy than the rest of us. What happens if there is undeniable proof that They are real. The 1962 Brookings study for NASA concluded that such a revelation would place all humans in the same position as the Native Americans were placed when the Euros arrived with gunpowder and eventually the steam engine. Could we handle it as a civilization. Could those charged with the Secret take such a risk?

3) Or what if there is ongoing monitoring of this longterm experiment called Humanity on Earth, and some of those in positions of power might not want to draw attention to their grand designs.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Let me make sure I have your logic right here.

"Let us believe without a doubt for a second that there are other beings out there beside us (you would have to be pretty arrogant to think that Earthlings are the only beings in this universe anyways). Why do you think the government has gone out of it's way to cover up the existence of extraterrestrial beings?'

It seems to me you left a few steps out of your logic. Let me stick them in and you tell me if they're right:

1. There are other beings our there besides us. Therefore

2. Those other beings are intelligent ones. Therefore,

3. They are able to travel to other solar systems. Therefore,

4. They have done so. Therefore,

5. Out of the billion or so solar systms just in our galaxy, they chose the Earth as one of the lucky ones, and visited us. Therefore,

6. Although they could have visited the Earth any time over, say, the last hundred billion years, they just happened to do it in our lifetimes. Therefore,

7. The government found out about it and no one else did. Therefore,

8. The government decides to keep it quiet.

Which leads to your final question: "Why do you think the government has gone out of it's way to cover up the existence of extraterrestrial beings?"

"Any theories and ideas are welcome."

Let me give you my ideas first.

In order for your question to even make any sense. you and everyone else have to assume that every single step in the outline above, from items 1 to 8 is true. Of just one of those eight assumptions is false, then the whole idea falls apart like a cheap suit in a tornado.

But you don't have any evidence at all for even one of those eight steps!

Now for my theory:

There aren't any extraterrestrial intelligences visiting the earth. Although there probably are extraterrestrial intelligences, the chances of them reaching the spacefaring point in their evolution at just the same time we do, and then picking our planet out of the billions available, coupled with the fact that such a trip would take hundreds of thousands of years, makes the chances of extraterrestrial intelligences visiting earth vanishingly small.

Could it happer? Yes.

Would I believe it? Yes, but I'd want some sort of evidence first.

Hmm, for someone who scoffs at the idea of making an assumption you seem to make several yourself. I would like to lend some of my thoughts regarding what you said.

There are other beings out there besides us.

Google for something called Drakes Equation. It's a rather complex (for me anyways) equation designed to estimate the probability of life in the universe. Using different permutations of numbers, you discover that there has to be at least a million other civilizations in our galaxy alone. Only one of them has to be advanced.

Although they could have visited the Earth any time over, say, the last hundred billion years, they just happened to do it in our lifetimes.

There is ample evidence that they have been visiting us ever since humans starting making records- Caveman paintings, ancient literature, and so forth.

The government found out about it and no one else did. Therefore,

The government decides to keep it quiet.

For whatever multitude of reasons the government decided it was prudent initially to keep this a secret until they could decide what to do about it. If they were to reveal the truth now, it would only discredit them and prove to everyone that they are liars and such. Imagine what an upheaval it would cause otherwise. See: The War of the Worlds radio broadcast.

There aren't any extraterrestrial intelligences visiting the earth. Although there probably are extraterrestrial intelligences, the chances of them reaching the spacefaring point in their evolution at just the same time we do, and then picking our planet out of the billions available, coupled with the fact that such a trip would take hundreds of thousands of years, makes the chances of extraterrestrial intelligences visiting earth vanishingly small.

Forgive me if I am being obtuse, but why does another civilization have to reach the spacefaring point at exactly the same time that we do? Could they have discovered a way to evolve past the critical cusp of technology and somehow find a way to live in harmony without destroying eachother for thousands, if not millions of years?

You also seem to make assumptions on the technology of an alien race. Look at the ant analogy.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will appear as magic" Arthur C. Clarke

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I don't think it's possible that the government would be able to pull of something so huge and elaborate. Think about it. These beings, if real, would have to be much more advanced than us. If they wanted to make themselves known, they would. Like I said in my other post, they could just land their space-ship in a heavily populated area.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Off_The_Street:

"with the fact that such a trip would take hundreds of thousands of years, makes the chances of extraterrestrial intelligences visiting earth vanishingly small."

Do you mind elaborated on this? How can you make such an assumption?. Unless you are recieving information from an extraterrestrial source? Modern physicists are changing their views on how the universe functions all the time, the scientific community understands it has a long ways to go. How are you so sure it would take another intelligent race capable of space travel hundreds of thousands of years? If you look at how insanely large the universe is, the chances of life are astronomical (excuse the pun). I can't even concieve of the number. You don't think there are other scientific communitys "out there" figuring $hit out? Or are they relying on us? =)

Heelstone:

"The simplest answer is control."

I concur.

Taibunsuu:

"Maybe there's nothing to disclose.
Woah, now that's a thought more radical than accepting there's a big secret in today's realm of UFO mythology."

Exactly. Where there is smoke there was fire.

Herman:

It would be a difficult task for the government to pull off. Although I think they could. However, I'm pulling more towards the idea that they also don't want to be found.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Maybe because if we really did deserve to know, we'd be smart enough to figure it out on our own and not need "official confirmation" or care what others think.

Think about it. How far would they have had to have come to be able to come HERE? How far will we have to go to be able to get THERE?

I accept the reality of extraterrestrials for several reasons (some is fact, some is belief), and I don't need someone telling me the sky is pink when I can look up myself and know that it's blue.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I posted this in another topic recently. As it fits this topic, here it is again:

Many are attributing the government's cover-up motive as to protect society from it's own fear of the unknown. Hogwash. A lot of society is open to the concept of extraterrestrial life, a sizable portion of society believes in ET life and in the government cover-up. If the government's cover-up was for the well being of the people, it would not be terrorizing people and assasinating them.

I�m not clipping the rest of your post out disagreement, just for briefness I�m quoting the relevant part to debate. In fact any one of your ideas, or combinations of ideas could be correct. We really won�t know until such time as the truth is revealed, and even then I doubt that we will know everything. It may be lost forever, time immemorial, or need not know.

But we are a hard headed race. Yes, many would accept the fact of an alien presence. But weigh those numbers in comparison to the people who would in no way give acceptance to such knowledge. For a fair reactive comparison you might take a look at our society�s problems with racism. Take a trip into the heart of Georgia (no offense to anyone in Georgia) and ask someone what they think of African Americans. Better yet, ask just about any Harley Davidson fanatic what he thinks of Honda. Granted, it�s fair to say that we won�t have to integrate such a civilization into society akin to �Alien Nation� et al.

But look around, hints are given to what sort of reaction would take place right here on the board if you take the time to really examine how people approach the knowledge. There are people who would accept, people who wouldn�t believe it no matter what, some who would want to go to war. And then you�re going to have the one�s running around screaming, �OMG! The aliens are here, the government�s been covering up for years!� like stark raving mad lunatics.

I must agree though that it would not be all chaos, maybe not at first. Most of the reaction is going to depend on the implications of the information, and we can only hypothesize on that information else we might be able to say for sure. Like said elsewhere in this post, it may be to the point where they no longer can release the information for fear that the general public would see the placed government as loosing trustworthiness for them hiding the information for so long. This is where even the people who would accept the information of aliens would become split in their beliefs.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
When Off_The_Street wrote:
"...the fact that such a trip would take hundreds of thousands of years, makes the chances of extraterrestrial intelligences visiting earth vanishingly small."
Lucid Lunacy asked:
"Do you mind elaborating on this? How can you make such an assumption?

I totally agree with Lucid Lunacy, we can't jump to conclusions knowing what we know - which is very little in fact. Just think how our world has changed in just the last century. All of our "modern" inventions have completely transformed our lives. I believe that it takes one spark to set everything on fire, if you will, that is exactly what happened to us, one spark which led to a rapid chain reaction. We are currently in the very beginning, but still, think how sophisticated (technologically at least) we are compared to only a hundred years back. It took the invention of a massive machine called the computer to bring us to the world wide web where we are today, and how long has it really been, twenty some years? We have progressed extremely, give us another thousand years, even perhaps a few hundred years, if we aren't blown to smithereens by our own weapons of mass destruction, a giant meteor, or the world doesn't shift from it's axis, we will without a doubt think of space exploration as child's play.

Has anyone heard of Worm Holes?

First off, let us start with the Schwarzschild Black Hole represented by R=(2(GM))/c^2.
R= Radius of black hole
G= Newton�s constant 6.673 x 10^-11 m^3 kg s^2
C= Speed of light in a vacuum 299,792,458 m/s

A black hole with a large accretion disk (one end to pull in matter and the other to spit it out) introduces the idea of a wormhole.

Theoretically, if we or any other extraterrestrial beings figured out how to create and manipulate black holes, wormholes, if they exist, we would solve the speed limit problem in space: what would take tens of thousands of years to cross the galaxy in a space ship at less than the speed of light now becomes only a matter of a few hours.

Think about it, this is only a theory, but a start never the less. If wormholes do in fact exist and we are capable of coming up with such an extraordinary comprehension, than what do you think other more advanced civilizations are capable of? They may not only understand space travel but they may in fact be able to put it to use.

[edit on 9/27/2004 by leptir]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If they are aware of extraterrestrials, then the answer is simple. He who controls the flow of information is the one with the power.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The idea of Extraterestrial Life existing on other planets in other solar systems and galaxies, is not that fantastical.

The idea of them visiting or being permanent residents here on Earth, well, thats a matter for the individual.

There is a great deal of cirumstantial evidence that points towards the latter being true, but without hard evidence and governmental confirmation, all we can do is speculate and theorise.

Is it possible for such a big secret to remain so after 50yrs of alleged sightings, landings, abductions and mutilations.

I don't believe, 50 yrs ago, we could have dreamed or believed that the computer would exist in it's present form, but it does, and how often do we stop to think how we stumbled upon the silicon chip, to me, it may aswell be magic.

From mechanical (Babbidge), to electrical (valve then transistors) to digital (silicon), our development in this area alone seems a might fantastical.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Reply to MKULTRA

quote:

First, I think that the government has tried and succeeded in covering up many encounters that would prove once and for all the existence of extraterrestrials. I my self have no solid material proof, but I believe that the accounts by dozens of individuals are proof enough, whether it comes to the Roswell incident or any other conspiracy in which people were manipulated by the government to keep quiet or else.

Second, my question does not suggest that the government has or has not done anything, it merely asks your theory on why it would cover up extraterrestrial existence if it chose to. Like I said before, this question can be answered whether or not you believe in the existence of aliens or whether or not you think the government has done anything to cover it up.

Leptir, thank you for the personal reply. These kinds of basic questions are important to ask, because you never know what other people may or may not know based on their personal experience.

If the government were covering up the existence of ETs, my best guess is that they'd be doing it because they have lost control, and have no other option.

Hypothetically, I seriously doubt we'd ever see President Bush come on TV and say: "My fellow 'mericans, evildoin' terrorists from another dimension have taken over our country. They've taken over 70% of our underground military bases and captured or killed thousands of 'mericans. These evil terrorists have entirely different weapons systems, and they figured out how to look like the rest of us. They've got us in a real Catch-22. They even tried to hurt my dad! Dick Cheney and I are going to be re-located to our sekrit base on the moon, have a nice day, we will prevail!

Again, if the govt were hiding anything, its because its way too late to do anything about it.

MK

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
While the concept of a wormhole sounds neat the reality is that you would need to be able to generate more "E" then the combined "E" equal to the density of mass in the black hole. Thus your "wormhole travelling spaceship" must be able to generate and use more energy then the total Energy equivelant by Mass of possibly thousands of Stars the size of our own Sun. This would be required to prevent the forces of the blackhole from tearing apart your "spaceship" even before it approached the blackhole. Current theory states that when matter approaches a blackhole it accelerates to the speed of light and gets converted to the "mass" of the blackhole, most of the total "E" for the mass absorbed is contained within the blackhole while a small portion gets expelled in some X-Band type radiation containing specific isotopes about the "mass" being consumed by the blackhole. I highly doubt that a blackhole can be used as a means for transportation of complete matter. I would bet that blackholes were designed to be a kind of trash disposel system for the universe as free or random matter is abosorbed by them as a means of "cleaning up" the free space in the universe. Think of it as the recycle bin on your computer, the data is still stored and could be recovered if needed but most of the time it is just discarded "information".

The funny thing is that man has almost all of the answers to the universe, just he thinks the universe is more complex then it is. Kind of going back to that old adage that the simplest solution is usually the right one. Concepts that man already knows how to manipulate hold true for things in the universe that man still holds in awe. It is by his own admission that man does not find the answers that right under his own nose.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I was going to go point by point on Off the Street's post, but I see coronamoz has already done that well enough.

To add, I'll say that the sightings, documents, accounts, photos, material evidence, etc. don't amount to PROOF, but are the EVIDENCE you requested.

MKUltra had asked in what way they had gone out of their way to cover it up?

A: They revamped the entire organization of the intelligence services seemingly overnight. Even the Homeland Security department took longer to create in response to an emergency. Yet this all (Security Act) occurred in the same month as the crash retrieval! It was all created to funnel info through one agency. That much is all fact.

Then there is the alleged establishment of MJ-12. Evidence for it includes identifying named personnel, several documents, insider testimony, etc. Then there is Project Bluebook, a blatant attempt to dismiss away every single sighting as something else, whether swamp gas, balloons, etc. More recently, there is Roswell: Case Closed released by the Air Force. Even many skeptics admit that the Air Force's case is sheer fantasy.

Now, as to the essence of the thread...(the following is my theory only, more correctly put, hypothesis...)

The government initially covered it up because it had no plan for dealing with the problem. Post WWII, it was initially seen as a security issue. Cold War tensions were at play, and they wondered if it was some new weapon of the enemy, and if the other had finally figured it out. Both superpowers in the game knew about the saucers from the scientist grab in Germany (as the Germans were the first to recover a crash, in '36 due to the aliens' not being prepared for radar wave interference in their drive systems). This is evidenced by the break-neck pace Hitler's scientists set for developing saucer-like and one wing craft towards the end of the war, to mimic the "foo-fighters" reported by both sides' pilots and troops. After the first atomic blasts, a "wake-up call" was sent to pretty much everyone in the universe that we had reached a certain point...as soon after, the largest flap occurred...

Once identified as alien, and not foreign, the threat was then magnified. Here we had a force capable of entering our airspace at will, and we were powerless to stop it. Would you, the government, as the entity responsible for the security of your constituents, admit that you were unable to perform said duty??? I think not. Especially being unsure of their intentions.

At some point soon after, there seems to be evidence of some kind of deal struck. As to the details of the deal, they vary wildly, but most agree on an exchange of non-interference with abductions, for limited technological input. Perhaps this is also when the radar interference issue was settled, for there weren't many crashes after this time period. Many, myself included, contend that this is the reason for the US' continued technological dominance since post WWII. Some time after the deal, it became evident that the aliens were somehow not living up to their end of the bargain. They were abducting those not on provided lists, not sharing tech at the pace desired, or whatever other myriad reasons given.

However, we had reached a point where we could defend ourselves. Maybe not completely, but at least enough to effect a stalemate of sorts....and perhaps now we are in a Cold War of a different kind....one in which they could destroy us, but at too much of a cost to themselves. Evidence would seem to suggest that their tech, although advanced, hasn't changed much in quite some time. Perhaps this is because it accomplishes their needs, so no adaptation is necessary. If so, then at least we have the advantage of continued tech growth, and maybe one day we'll negate the threat entirely.

Until that day, or until the aliens decide they too no longer wish to be secret (for the decision truly lies with them as well), then it will likely stay a secret.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Coronamoz, thank you for your well-thought-out response. Permit me to continue�.

In response to my first post, you say:

�Hmm, for someone who scoffs at the idea of making an assumption you seem to make several yourself.�

Actually, those are not my assumptions; those are, I feel, the assumptions that the original poster must make in order to make the logical leap from �Let us believe for a second�� to �Why has the government gone out of its way�?�

Indeed, I do not make any of those assumptions, because they are, in my view, all suspect.

�Google for something called Drakes Equation.�

I think everyone interested in SETI is familiar with Drake�s Equation; indeed, the recent developments in extrasolar planetary systems lead us to significantly raise the f-sub-p number, (although the f-sub-e may have gone down, since what we�re seeing is mostly superjovian �roasters�). However, out of a billion stars, you�re saying that there �has to be at least a million other civilizations?� How do you get that?

Given that R-sub-* can only be type II stars, we lose about fifty percent. If you assume that R-sub-* must be main sequence stars, take off another fifty percent, and then take off about 90 percent that aren�t yellow dwarves, since the time scale would be simply too short otherwise. So I figure f-sub-p is 1 billion X 0.5 X 0.5 X 0.1, which has us down to 25,000,000 stars that can be suitable for developing life. Multiply that by 0.5 based on the number of extrasolar systems discovered so far, and we�re down to 12 million. Multiply that for n-sub-e (which we know from direct observation so far) is 0.05, which means we�re now down to only 625,000 options.

And we haven�t got through f-sub-l, which (at least based on what we know from our own solar system) is pretty low, and f-sub-I, which is completely unknown, and f-sub-c, which is also completely unknown. But if you assume conservatively that each of those parameters is ten percent, you�re left with six hundred twenty-five candidates, spread out over a galaxy with a billion suns. Each one of those 625 putative intelligences would have, on the average, a 0.0000625 percent chance of EVER coming here.

Actually, that figure is probably biased more toward you than me, since statistically most suns (and, assumedly, most civilizations) would be near the center of the galaxy rather than in the Sagittarius Arm where we are, which, for most of them, would be WAAAAY out in the galactic sticks.

�There is ample evidence that they have been visiting us ever since humans starting making records- Caveman paintings, ancient literature, and so forth.�

You can�t say for sure what paintings and myths are supposed to be indicative of. I certainly haven't seen anything that I could consider aliens in places like, say, Altamira or Chauvet-Pont-d'Arc or Lascaux.

Are you saying that there is �good evidence� for a giant hare-like alien in the past that provided us with genetically altered ova for improving the race of proto-humanoids? Taking your idea of extrapolating myths to modified history, then maybe that is the true origin of the Easter Bunny!

And of course I�m being silly; deliberately so. That is the problem with these extrapolations; they can mean whatever you want them to mean!

�Forgive me if I am being obtuse, but why does another civilization have to reach the spacefaring point at exactly the same time that we do? Could they have discovered a way to evolve past the critical cusp of technology and somehow find a way to live in harmony without destroying each other for thousands, if not millions of years?�

You�re not being obtuse; such a society certainly could last for millions of years. But the only thing we have to go on is our own history, which shows that significant speciation happens within a couple million years, and most cultures pass away within millennia.

Positing a static civilization that maintains its technological base and its desire for space exploration is just adding another item to the �this has to happen, too� list of things which make the extraterrestrial intelligence hypothesis, if not less likely, at least more cumbersome.

Remember Occam�s Razor.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
But to the question at hand let me give you some of my thoughts

1. Intelligent life and not so intelligent life exists in the universe in a multitude of solar/ planetary systems.

2. It is quite conceiveable that "mankind" has direct genetic realatives to a race of "life" that may have originated on another planet or planets.

3. It is however also conceiveable that "mankind", as it may exist throughout the entire universe may all be genetically realative to one common basic DNA instruction set. And that this basic unifying instruction set was indeed "inspired" and then "seeded" throughout the entire universe by "one" supreme creator that somehow exists outside of the conceiveable physical realm.

4. It is possibly that "A" type or many types of "alien visitors" managed to find our tiny planet over the course of a billion or so years. But it is also possible that not a single incident of "alien visitors" is true. But rather fantasy and mythology created and passed on by our ancestors as a mere cosmic joke about the same questions that mankind still contemplates today. Where did we come from ? Where are we going ? And are we alone ?

5. It is possible that what was recovered in Roswel was indeed not from this planet. And the US goverment to this day has no idea where it came from nor how it got here. Although it is also possible that the US goverment knows what crashed and it was indeed something that originated on this planet. But for matters of National Security they wish to not disclose what it was that crashed. Or it simply was nothing of importance and no matter how much the goverment says it was nothing people still continue to say that they are covering up an alien spaceship that crashed there. Regardless of how many times the goverment says it was nothing but some ballon test equipment. IMO it was a top secret test aircraft that was part of the German Hortan Brothers Design Works and quite possibly had a nuclear powerplant/ prototype propulsion system.

6. This leads me to the start of the whole "ufo" idea. Kenneth (last name?) a civil aviation pilot flying near the mountains in Washington spotted a formation of cresent shaped flying wings approx 9 of them flying at a high rate of speed, (probably still sub-sonic). They were unidentifed and abnormal in appearance to this civilian. IMO what he say was an advanced air wing of German Prototype Aircraft (jet driven, possibly hydrogen powered) flying towards either the pugent sound or into Alaska to a remote research base. They could have even been a Russian design that had travelled over the straights to do some Recon. But after reviewing the performance specs of the Hortan designs their operational radius seemed to be rather limited, so my bets are on Alaska or Pugent Sound. The goverment unwilling to acknowledge what was observed allowed the news to carry on with the "ufo" hysteria that allowed them the secrecy to pursue these advanced airframe/propulsion designs.

7. Which then leaves some doubt in my mind about the adapatability of an "alien" race to survive in the atmospheric composition that is earth. Provided of course that the "aliens" are truely different from us as portrayed by the notion of a "grey". With entirely different genetic makeups. If however the "aliens" actually share the same basic genetic makeup and are "cousins" to earthly mankind. Then this could open up an entirely new question about the goverment and aliens. And that is if the goverment "recovered" alien bodies in Roswel, BUT the aliens were more human than expected but were not identifiable as originating in any country on the planet currently, then WHERE did they come from ? or if it is possible WHEN did they come from ? If the recovered bodies where not alive and if any terminology or lettering was found what language was it in ? Was there any way to decode it ? You see the odds are in favor that there is life other then on earth out there. But is that life capable of being sustained in our atmosphere, how would each life form (earth and otherwise) be able to communicate with each other ? What genetic threat of exposure would each represent to each other and how quickly could such genetic threat be spread throughout the rest of the population exposed ? Considering the varying degree of plantoid construction we see in our own solar system how varied for ours would the "aliens" home system be ? What different types of cosmic isotopes would be emitted from the home star resulting in what types of special genetic mutations from those of humans on earth and what would be the affects of the "aliens" being bombarded by the variation of cosmic isotopes being emitted from our sun ? What would be the affects on the "aliens". Remember what I said earlier, Humans already posses most of the answers to the universe just they are in an abstract form that seem to be unrelated to the real world. Think Superman and the Red Sun. While I cannot see "aliens" having superhuman powers and the ability to "fly" based solely on the color of our sun, it is possible that the biological effects of the varation in cosmic isotopes could have a dramatic impact on biological forms acustomed to a different cosmic emitter and the results may not be beneficial making the arguement that "aliens" are here and "in bed" with any goverment hard to believe. While the lifeforms may share the same basic genetic code, the evalution of the lifeform under different enviromental variables would make cohabitation on the same planet next to impossible without some form of shielding and necessary emittion source to maintain the proper biological exposure. Read if you remove a plant from sunlight or wish to grow the plant without sunlight (ie hyrdoponics), you must re-create the proper exposure variable to sustain the plants natural photosynthis other wise the plant dies. You can however optimize the exposure variables and increase a given attribute of the plant creating a "superplant" otherwise not available under conditions grown under normal sunlight or sunlight exposure times. This may also be true with other biological entities other then plants.

8. To travel thousands of light years or less maybe, to arrive here on THIS paticular planet you must have some purpose. If its just to fly around and give some people a light show here or there. Then I would say it would be a great waste of time and resources to come all the way here. If however what some people report to seeing and remain unexplained could be non setinent observation craft, just like us sending probes out into the solar system and sending back data. Why ? who knows, to whom ? who knows for what purpose ? who knows. BUT there is always an agenda. Maybe the earth did indeed have cosmic visitors back thousands of years ago, and maybe they are waiting to return some day when they feel the conditions are right. OR maybe we as mankind have yet to truely experience a visitor from another world, but then again maybe that will truely be our wost nightmare when or if that event ever happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join