It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who want to nix welfare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yeah,almost all of you are on Food Stamps. What a horrible set up that is. Only in America.

But many that live in Tent Cities do have jobs but cant afford to rent in the cities that they lost their houses and old jobs in.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BrittanyLea

If it were a life and death situation I'm sure you could find a way to make it work. The fact you're depending on a government system to sustain yourself is a very, very big mistake.

You realize this can just go away at any moment right?

Trust me on this, it's going away soon.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Where did I say that I was relying on a government system??? I'm not on any type of welfare. As I mentioned...I'm thankful that my husband has a good job, but as many Americans can tell you, that can easily go away too.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea What ever happened to us helping each other?

Why don't you read some of my posts before responding.

Welfare should come from your family/friends

Welfare should come from their family/friends

Get the government out of the way, get rid of welfare. We have enough to help each other. Times are hard, time to think harder.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Times are hard and people can't find jobs because of the government. We don't manufacture anything here anymore. Last Christmas we bought all American. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find American made toys or American made anything?

The government effed everything up, the least they can do is make sure people don't starve.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

You could say that about anything though. Most of the USA is dependent on retailers to get their food, this is a very big mistake as it could go away at any moment. Having your own personal amount of money isn't going to save you from that. Everyone should have their own farm and a years worth of canned food supply. How many people do? Not very many.

Regardless if you want to admit if or not, you are depending on someone else right now. Humans depend on each other. Societies depend on one another. No one can be a jack of all trades.

Anyways, welfare isn't meant to become dependent on, it is a safety net. You cannot live any sort of luxurious life on welfare. It's not like the poor can magically make their wages rise at the moment.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You know, I'll just admit that I probably don't know enough about welfare to debate it much further...I just know that without it we'd be doing everything for our family because we're the only ones not relying on it. We aren't rich. We have enough money to pay the bills and buy food with a little left over for savings or whatever comes up. I don't know the solution, but I do know that just bringing welfare to an immediate stop would seriously devastate a lot of people and there probably would be panic. Not everyone has family and sometimes the entire family is in poverty.

But, that's all I know so I'm done debating it. I'll just lurk.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I can honestly say by your post, you have nothing to worry about either.

It's funny, the logical thinkers debating about the welfare of the poor.

I wonder what they are doing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join