It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over London

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Here is a fly in the frame.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Christ almighty. The video doesn't last long enough for anyone to identify what this is. I get the impression that the OP is just chasing stars and flags and throwing any old # at the wall in the hope something sticks (going by the amount threads posted in the last few days anyway). Please, OP, try to be more discerning in future.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I know what you mean now by people are afraid to post these days, I just got hammerred in another forum for giving voice to an opinion, so much so, I issued an apology to the mods. I can take the beating, but it was shocking to seee how much was "bleeped" out for want of a better word.
Sorry I digess, I should be discussing your video, but I did want to add insight to your comment in the post.

What an interesting video, it did look like it was spinning. Do you know where in London it was caught on video. Be interesting to know how faraway it was from an elite area of London. I don't think the videographer was in that section though.

I'm glad you had the courage to post it and hope you don't have to take the beating because of it.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
The odds are it's a balloon or some kind of RC toy.

The footage also doesn't lead me to believe otherwise. As for the spinning, this is hard to say, the "movement" looks like a typical distortion brought on by air turbulence which could make things, eg. in a telescope appear "wobbling" or rotating.

The footage is simply too low quality, taken with a camera phone, didn't even know how to zoom etc. it's really nothing more than some "black dot" above London and i think it's wasted time to "speculate" what it is because the footage is just not good enough for a close "analysis". I'd GUESS it's balloon/toy kind of thing.

On a side-note:

I constantly see "footage" where people use an emboss filter...as if an emboss filter would be a good filter to bring out more detail. In fact, i don't think emboss is useful there at all, neither is negativing images. I always wondered why people use those two filters that often.
edit on 14-4-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

The perfectly objective answer.
I agree 100%

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't think people are afraid to post.

They just won't because it's useless when haters invade a thread and ruin it.

My Beastie Boy thread lasted about an hour before it was close due to racism.

Retarded I say.

Re tard ed.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
who cares anymore... stop posting this sh!t on ats.. you know this place is 80% ignorant and most members havent had any expereinces in their "reality". Its just a video.. its much more confirming and a relief when u witness one with your eyes.

Sh!t video anyways

~ Love is an art

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i lurked around this sight for two years before i just recently joined. mainly hung around to read the ufo subjects due to my own amazing sighting. that being said, with this particular forum i am very dissapointed in it. or should i say the members in it. real or not they're always debunked. shame on you ( you know who you are) and the way you reply to these posts so arrogant and hateful. anyway to stay on subject it looks like a legit video to me and probably some type of drone man made i would guess. knowing how it moved away would've helped a lot. no doubt it's an unidentified flying object to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Not that I care.

Why does my pic of the fly get stars?

This thread is so backwards.

The fly clearly shows that the second object is up there with the drone.

You can tell that the fly is closer to the camera.

It is also baffling to me that no one bats an eye at someone spying on you in your own neighborhood.

If its not a UFO. And it is a drone.

Why is it there?

People are so busy trying to debunk and miss the whole picture.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I am the one that went to Human_Alien and asked him if he would be interested in posting this video. I only asked because I was/am very busy right now. Based on a couple of his recent UFO threads that I saw, I knew he would be more active in the thread than I could be. The video landed in my lap because I am subscribed to the Youtube poster. Because the video was new and it was irking me while I was trying to get work done, I randomly went on a limb that I normally wouldn't and asked if he was interested. He was simply doing me a favor, AND NOW HE IS BANNED. Or "post-banned" to be exact. This is supposedly for a combination of unrelated reasons, though they felt the need to ask him which member asked this favor of him. So now he is on the sidelines and can only message, I believe. Based on what I have seen of Human_Alien's posts, I would want him to be a member of my hypothetical forum for a number of reasons, considering the point of a discussion forum. Like I said, I am very busy right now, but I felt obligated to post this.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Here is the second object zooming by.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Someone on page 1 says "nice find" and gets 2 stars for saying so.

Well..... .......NICE FIND, nice.....

Wonder how many stars that'll get me.

Reason I'm saying this is I've noticed that if you're one of the first few posters to comment on a new post, no matter what you say you gets stars.

What's up with that? 👎

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
A ufo video from a person who has a channel full of them and some real home made ones there does not impress me, a person who has a channel full of well know ones is a different matter.

As for this idea of people getting stars for inane comments and simply because of their fame, well its a sad day, the stars are a system of reward for creative or information rich posts, not "cheers" or "I think its a fly" etc etc.

TBH it makes a mockery of the stars system....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
A ufo video from a person who has a channel full of them and some real home made ones there does not impress me, a person who has a channel full of well know ones is a different matter.

As for this idea of people getting stars for inane comments and simply because of their fame, well its a sad day, the stars are a system of reward for creative or information rich posts, not "cheers" or "I think its a fly" etc etc.

TBH it makes a mockery of the stars system....

Exactly.

I didn't put the fly pic to debunk.

I put it there to show what we are seeing is way up in the sky.

It's crazy how this is over everybodys heads.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I dont really think the fly is a unit of measurement or can be used as a reference... but ok...
edit on 15-4-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
I dont really think the fly is a unit of measurement or can be used as a reference... but ok...

I was trying to show how the fly is obviously up close.

The other objects are clearly higher up.

The fly is obviously a fly.

What are the other two objects?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Wow. that is true. There are more blimps in this video. They pass by very fast, few frames only. From the beginning I saw a couple. Interesting.

This sort of "surveillance drones" have been around - for example space shuttle Atlantis in their last mission

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FelixFelicis
I am the one that went to Human_Alien and asked him if he would be interested in posting this video. I only asked because I was/am very busy right now. Based on a couple of his recent UFO threads that I saw, I knew he would be more active in the thread than I could be. The video landed in my lap because I am subscribed to the Youtube poster. Because the video was new and it was irking me while I was trying to get work done, I randomly went on a limb that I normally wouldn't and asked if he was interested. He was simply doing me a favor, AND NOW HE IS BANNED. Or "post-banned" to be exact. This is supposedly for a combination of unrelated reasons, though they felt the need to ask him which member asked this favor of him. So now he is on the sidelines and can only message, I believe. Based on what I have seen of Human_Alien's posts, I would want him to be a member of my hypothetical forum for a number of reasons, considering the point of a discussion forum. Like I said, I am very busy right now, but I felt obligated to post this.

Thing is you don't get a discussion with him, what you get is him posting threads with iffy videos and proclaiming in essence:

"WOW! This is a UFO, I know it's a UFO, agree with me."

If you don't agree with him then you get snotty condescending comments back which completely ignore the obvious in order to cling to the ludicrous.

I wonder if he's one of the ones who believes that stargates are real and can't disassociate reality from tv programs.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baldryck
Two things I noticed before the video of the UFO even started.

In the case description it states it happened April 1st. Not saying it's an April fools joke, but possible.

2nd. The time it says it happened was 0100 UTC, London is UTC. That is 1 am local time as well, this was filmed during the daylight hours.

As far as the video of the object, not really sure what it is, but not very convincing to me.

Be well.

I think it's a black bin liner, you get lots of them over London (cheapo chinese lanterns). One thing, the date is not 1st April, it's the 4th January. The date format is in *NOT* American. (i.e. it's the one the rest of the world uses). Other thing though is that if the plant in the yard is from indoors, it isn't going to last long in January in London. If' it's an outdoors type, then it's in leaf too early for the date. Saying that if it's a new phone then he probably hadn't set it up yet, so the date and (definitely the) time may well be irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

I move the formal adoption of using flies as a unit of measurement in a base 8 system.

There's the gnat, and 8 gnats make up a fly, and 8 flies make up a locust, and 8 locusts make up a bird, and so forth, and so on.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by FelixFelicis

Thing is you don't get a discussion with him, what you get is him posting threads with iffy videos and proclaiming in essence:

"WOW! This is a UFO, I know it's a UFO, agree with me."

If you don't agree with him then you get snotty condescending comments back which completely ignore the obvious in order to cling to the ludicrous.

I wonder if he's one of the ones who believes that stargates are real and can't disassociate reality from tv programs.

OP was also making endless snipes at a moderator whose opinion he didn't like in the long thread that was hoaxed recently, so I wouldn't feel too guilty about it if I was you, FelixFelicis. IMO he brought the posting ban on himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join