It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Debate Predictions: What will be GWB's keyword theme?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I was just watching a recap of the 2000 Bush/Gore debates and was vividly remembering how much that thing annoyed me.

Bush "won" by applying a "fuzzy math" label to Gore every time Gore talked about the deficit and coming job loses that would result from GWB's voodoo.

Bush responded to everything with something like "there goes that fuzzy math again" when Gore would say something like protecting the surplus now for social security would make it solvent for the next 25 years and Bush's plan would wreck it.

Then Bush would make Gore's "math" an object of ridicule while promising himself to cut everyone's taxes, control spending, not increase the deficit and protect social security while increasing jobs with his own version of "math" (which ultimately proved to be the fuzzy one). Remember Bush calling Vice President Gore "stupid" ... what a tool. :shk: But the count I just saw showed he used "fuzzy math" five times or more. That was the theme.

This is how Bush "wins" and we can almost certainly expect it again. So what's the one liner going to be?

Sensitive? Flip Flop? Indecisive? Surely not just those tired lines.

I'm betting on the Karl Rove special for this October suprise. The coming keyword: UnAmerican.

UnAmerican this. UnAmerican that.

That's my guess. What's yours?

EDIT: No wait... Defeatist. THAT'S IT! There's the adjective Bush is practicing pronouncing now. Defeatist..

[edit on 26-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I guess nobody knows for sure...

...except his writers.

See what they have to say.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
I guess nobody knows for sure...

...except his writers.

See what they have to say.

An advisor on the talk circuit just said he's memorzied Kerry's voting record.

That could be a great opportunity for Kerry to debunk some half truth's and outright lies from Bush ads. We'll see.

I've heard this prediction elsewhere on Kerry clarifying the Iraq war vote should Bush try to pound Kerry's former vote.

George, I voted to give you the keys, not crash the car.

Cute, but not sure Kerry has the timing for one liners. He tends to be more academic. It's going to be good one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
*shakes head*
I'm not sure I'm up for these debates. Although I will vote for Bush, he gets no extra points from me for public speaking. But, he is usually short and to the point.
Whereas, Kerry goes on and on and confuses his audience with Doublespeak. *dizzy*

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
An advisor on the talk circuit just said he's memorzied Kerry's voting record.

That shouldn't have taken long. Kerry didn't bother to
show up to vote most of the time, and the few times
he did, he voted against our security, and for giving
away more of our $$$ to the U.N.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Questions for Bush:

Q. President Bush, you and Mr. Kerry have both been criticized for your conduct during the Vietnam War. Which one of you served his country better?

A. Some have questioned Senator Kerry's decision to take a jaunt halfway around the world to Vietnam, leaving our border with Mexico defended only by my small band of brothers in the Texas National Guard. But I will not stoop to criticizing any man's service.

Q. What was your biggest foreign-policy mistake as president?

A. Well, I guess it's what I said to Karl Rove yesterday, when we were talking about sending the neocons back to their think tanks. If we'd stayed out of Iraq, we'd be up 20 points in the polls.

Q. When Senator Kerry was your daughters' age, he volunteered to go to Vietnam. Did you ever encourage them to volunteer for Iraq?

A. We don't need any more problems in Iraq, thank you.

Questions for Kerry:

Q. Senator Kerry, you have been described by the Bush campaign as the greatest debater since Cicero. Does that give you an edge tonight?

A. I can't make a fair judgment, since I've read Cicero only in the Italian translation, you lose so much from the Latin.

Q. You now call the Iraq war a mistake. Yet you say that, even knowing what we know now, you would still have voted to authorize it. How does that make sense?

A. I actually voted against the first Gulf War before I voted for this one.

Q.. Do you now consider your public display of windsurfing off Nantucket to be a faux pas?

A. Faux pas? Non, au contraire. C'etait magnifique! J'ai donn� l'image d'homme tr�s fort et tr�s sportif! Et Monsieur Bush, il est un wuss!
A) Who among us does not love windsurfing?
A) Teresa said spandex is a hot look for me.

Link

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I notice how people always expect the politicans to focus on the real issues.. then I see threads on ATS about Kerry War Fraud or something so idiotic like this.. I feel as if truly the politicans do there job correctly by keeping people sidetracked off the real isssues.

Because in reality, neither Kerry or Bush have any idea about the real issues.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well from what I've seen the debates are going to be really tightly scripted. The candidates won't be able to directly address each other and the responses will be pre-determined and in sound bite form. Just how Bush likes it.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In this order:

1) UnAmerican
2)Unpatriotic
3)I will protect America
4)Kerry is a communist
5)Fighting towards freedom and justz
6)Protection from them nukelear weaponz
7) Elect me if you want to wipe out terrorism
8) Elect me or America will be hit hard by the terrorists(promise)

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
umm. Sorry but when are they debates? Is the first one Sept 30?

And will i be able to watch it on good ole NBC.

I cant seem to find a date

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I heard Bush kept changing the times, then whined when he had to do all three, tried to make it one, then two, then settled for three, and then he tried to make it pre-recorded so his people could edit the footage, and then........

Anyways, Bush will do this like he does for everytime he speaks, scripted. he hasn't spoken in his own words since, since, since.......

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
So what's the one liner going to be?

Count how many times he says "liberate" when the talk turns to Iraq. "Liberate" and "freedom" which is of course the reason we went to war in the first place. I don't think we'll hear word one about war records, because we all know what that means for W...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Someone told me it was on the 28th and only on CSPAN.. Thats why I was confused. I remember watching the 2000 one on ABC. That was great fun, and I didnt really care about politics back then. Now, its all I think about.

Hopefully after this election I can rest peacefully and only have to worry about my job.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Are we talking about keyword theme for himself or against his apponent?

Himself

"War on Terrorism"

His opponent

"Flip-Flopper"

Even though Bush has flip-flopped too

[edit on 29-9-2004 by mrmulder]

top topics

join