It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline of the universe(Gravity is an entropic force)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think we could be close to a theory of everything with Verlinde's theory of gravity as an entropic force that's connected to quantum information. This is how I see the timeline of the universe.

1. I think there's one energy source or singularity of energy that can never be in a state of collapse because there's nothing outside of this zero point energy. Energy radiates from this energy source and this energy produces particle pair production.

2. Particles and antiparticles collide causing a fireworks display of epic proportions. This explosion pushes some of the particle-antiparticle pairs apart. When these particles pairs are separated by at least a planck's length then inflation occurs. A quantum bit of information occurs at this level of space. You can see these fluctuations in the Cosmic Microwave Background.
map.gsfc.nasa.gov...

3. This quantum information gives rise to gravity. As the universe expands the matter in the universe seeks equilibrium and therefore tries to maximize it's entropy. This force that maximizes entropy at macroscales is gravity.

It's amazing to think that the universe and everything in it came from a fluctuation of planck length space that went through a period of inflation which caused matter to become ordered as gravity tried to maximize it's entropy as space expands.

edit on 13-4-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

wow you just made me feel so stupid with your scientific talk
it sounded interesting but now i need google translate to understand.
stars and flag

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

They still haven't proved gravity is getting stronger as the expansion continues though, which when combined with the lack of evidence for a fundemental force carrier ( the higgs) it seems gravity is quite a mystery.

I think that we are still ignorant of at least 2 fundimental forces, as well as their relative particle or force carriers. As well missing a very basic truth about gravity, it was the first force discovered, and it is also still the least understood.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Dear neoholographic, since you mention Verlinde's theory of gravity it would be great if you could present it to the public in some details maybe comparing it to the Newtonian and GR theories?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

A singularity has an infinite amount of energy. Antimatter/matter anihilation is not enough to provide this amount of energy. When anihilation occurs, you have light. This light is not capable of interacting with other nearby particles except if it collides with the said particles.
All antimatter/matter anihilation is still stored, up to today, in the form of light.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote

wow you just made me feel so stupid with your scientific talk
it sounded interesting but now i need google translate to understand.
stars and flag

Err. don't feel too stupid. Stupid is as stupid does.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

top topics

join