It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face Book Could Give Kids an Edge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
news.ninemsn.com.au... ld-give-kids-an-edge

I wonder if this prominent Australian linguist is aware of the relationship matching technology TPTB seem to have when he made this claim. I wonder if he would have still made this claim if he was aware of it?.

Seems like he is familiar with facebook anyway so I think he must have at least read or heard some rumours of the NWO spying on users so I jsut wonder whose side this bloke and others like him is on.

(hope the link works, first attempt)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
From the basic social standpoint, Facebook might be a good tool for children to interact with their friends, however the quality of the interaction is not guaranteed, nor is it generally that great to begin with.

When was the last time you saw someone use proper grammar and punctuation on a Facebook post, let alone non-slang jargon to get their point across?

The article is partly correct in that children can develop better skills with practice early, however it is quite disturbing that Zuckerburg wants to let children under 13 to use Facebook, don't we have enough of them screeching and whining their way into Xbox Live and annoying everyone?

By all accounts it might be a good idea in theory because children don't care about social network monitoring by the government or anyone else, but to think that they could develop a quality education with mundane and useless internet meme sharing is just silly.

Lets hope they do what most of us did to develop our vocabulary and language skills early, READ A BOOK.

King

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Think about it this way. Until recently it was rather hard to find a spelling or grammar error in a published book. Now its like ehh no big deal what ever pshh..

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Yes, thats so the sooner they can track your life, the sooner TPTB are aware of the type of person you are/will grow into.
Life/friend/job/likes/personal stories/extended family/spending habits/health status right from the get go!
Hope they don't grow into a criminal, or worse, a rebel! Will make it damned hard to disappear!

edit on 13-4-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2012 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Facebook promoting literac- ahahahaha I can't even type it out, oh my gosh, has this guy even been on the internet?

Between the people who are only partially literate and the people who are literate but choose to write in memes, there are probably all of like uh... oh my gosh. Just wow.

Brb gotta breathe for a minute.

new topics

top topics

join