It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official Martian Life Announced by Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ok so its 99% confirmed and about as close as you can get to the official confirmation of extra-terrestrial microbial organisms were found by Viking in 1976. This is a huge development. It is bigger than most understand. An announcement that any form of life even if it is microbes has been confirmed on Mars is really disclosure.

Story www.msnbc.msn.com...

news.discovery.com...

Story Snippet: New analysis of 36-year-old data, resuscitated from printouts, shows that NASA found life on Mars, an international team of mathematicians and scientists conclude in a paper published this week.
Further, NASA doesn't need a human expedition to Mars to nail down the claim, neuropharmacologist and biologist Joseph Miller, with the University of Southern California's Keck School of Medicine, told Discovery News. "The ultimate proof is to take a video of a Martian bacteria. They should send a microscope — watch the bacteria move," Miller said.

edit on 12-4-2012 by MrDetective because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by MrDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDetective

Indeed, this answers everything! I always knew Mars Attacks was based on true facts!

Thanks for this awsome post

Next time, try and add content to your posts, it helps, like, a lot lol
edit on 12-4-2012 by cosworth452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Oh god. Not another one of these.

Edit: Phew, there wasn't anything at first. Thought it was another, "This is it" post.

Interesting information, thanks for sharing.

edit on 12-4-2012 by Skepticesque because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I added content and you should read it.

Its only science you know, just some science for you to study.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NO I was the first, I have a talent of being fast at my internet I know how to click and scroll really good.

I am usually the one who is the first to post.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

"On the basis of what we've done so far, I'd say I'm 99 percent sure there's life there," he added

I'm 100 percent sure there's life there but I have no proof ....unfortunately neither have they

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Not this time friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
already posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

sorry mate hate to rain on your parade...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Surely something this big can have a thread in breaking news and here too? It's not like Martian life confirmed is going to stay out of here is it?

Looks like this is one step closer though, next is to see if NASA steps in and starts causing problems. They've done it before so I guess we just wait and see....

"On the basis of what we've done so far, I'd say I'm 99 percent sure there's life there,"

Can't get that quote out of my head now.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I saw a thread on this earlier, but yours has more data up front, so a flag thingy and one of those electronic stars for this effort before this thread is closed. But maybe it will last, and prosper!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is news to some folks, but not Dr. Levy the designer of the two "search for life" experiments. on board the Viking landers. This was when NASA realized that were letting scientific investigations and subsequent discoveries get too far ahead of the public's mind. This was what prompted NASA and JPL to hire the contractor Malin to have all control over the images received and the right to without what they wished and withhold release for six months or so. Up to that time, the images were released pretty much as they came in. No more.

The other side of the Viking story was a different affair. That turned out to be its own version of a "search for life" experiment. It was the results the two Viking orbiters found on the inner moon, Phobos. Those mysterious grooves on the little body defied any acceptable explanation for years. They couldn't tell us the truth. Those grooves were caused by the motions that Phobos was put through to place it in its tight orbit. The grooves were caused by loose material on the surface of the body slipping along and sometimes off of the body as it was maneuvered into position.

Few will believe this, but Phobos has been the most studied moon other than our own and yet you will find fewer images of it available on line that probably any small moon we have investigated. Tens of thousand of images have been taken of Phobas by a variety of spacecraft, but we have seen only a few. True the so-called monolith on Phobos has been shown to us and about six bland others of that series. I assume that release was intended as an indirect hint that Phobos contains more mysteries. And I won't even go into the documented voids in Phobos that have been known for decades but only revealed to the public in the last couple of years.

They have had to slowly educate the public toward the realization that was was a viable place for life and just maybe intelligent life at that! Water was required. They found it. My guess once they cement into the public's mind that low level live is there, to be sure, they will eventually find ruins, very ancient of course, discussed in the past tense, seemingly of a dead civilization, etc. The game never stops.

And the UFO stil buzz around our heads like bees we can't really ignore except for the people that claim there are no bees and even if there were bees, they couldn't get here. (Sorry, my personal joke.) But the "bees" come from all over the Universe, not just maybe from Mars.
edit on 12-4-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here's something that might blow your mind. The microbes on mars are referred to as life, but a pregnant woman's unborn child isn't. Food for thought.

join