It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Friend has Cancer need advise-timeclock...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Well, i have to say something and play devils advocate here. but chemo is not a hopeless treatment. I used to think the same thing. That chemo was just something that never really made you better but made "them" rich. I recently underwent biochemo for stage 4 metastatic melanoma with tumors in my sinus, brain, lungs and elsewhere. I'm no evidence of disease now after 10 month battle. I'm alive from something thats killed many others because of this treatment, even though it has only about 5-10 percent response like mine. The best thing your friend can do seriously is decide to get better and that she will live through this. Really see it. And pray about it. And get on as many prayer lists as possible for as many churches as she can. Thats my best recommendations I can make. Attitude is better than any medicine or surgery that any doctor can give you.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by GuidedKill

Thank you for the video. I think Dr. Berzynski is a doctor who found a real cure. His receptor On/Off thing seems to work. Why would the charge him? Because the people who are making temporary money off a slow death are starting to lose.

Berzynski is not doing too badly. Business seems to be good.
www.burzynskiclinic.com...
edit on 4/14/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My great aunt was diagnosed with stage two breast cancer five years ago . She did the gerson therapy and the hallelujah acres diet. It involved a lot of juicing of frsh veggies, mainly carrots and barley grass, avoidance of all animal product, low sugar intake and 80% raw food diet. She chose to forgo all conventional treatment and is alive and very energetic today. The tumor mass reduced to a third of its original size with no metastises. Complete healing is still in the works though.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
One thing that I think is never a bad idea when facing something as critical as this is to get a second opinion. I have learned that there are some doctors that are right there at the forefront of newer and better treatments for their patients, and others that are a bit slower to give up on older tried and true methods.

I myself am a cancer survivor, the cancer I had was not a common cancer, and at least at the time was generally considered a cancer that predominately affected men over 40,.....I was a woman of 29 at the time. Not only was I very atypical...the type of cancer I had generally does not have any noticeable symptoms until it has become invasive and by then the mortality rates were around 100%, there were symptoms that could be found through simple medical tests preformed in the course of a normal physical....but the fact is there are a lot of people who only go to the doctor when something is wrong.. I feel I was granted a miracle, it was discovered when I was six months pregnant with my only child, the miracle for me was it was her growing inside of me that caused the tumor to hemorrhage and the cancer to be discovered early enough to treat. Now here's were that second opinion suggestion proved so beneficial for me. The first tumor was removed a month after my daughters birth, I followed up with the Dr every 3 months with no recurrence and then a year and 1/2 later 10 tumors were found. My doctor was not very compassionate, he told me he would have to surgically remove them put me through chemo, and then remove the primary organ it was effecting, his coldness was bad enough but things got even worse after the 10 tumors were removed, I was in severe pain, my husband for at least the first night did not think I was going to make it through it we called and called the Dr ........and it took him a week to return my call. I survived, it had my primary physician provide me with references he would trust and I literally made appointments and interviewed the Dr's...sometimes you have to advocate for yourself you know. I never was treated by that Dr again, the next and last time I saw him was the day I fired him and requested my medical records.

I found an incredible Doctor who's bedside manner matched what I needed to help me remain mentally strong, and rather than just jumping into what I was facing with the other Doctor he took a different approach, we started with the visits every 3 months but by the 3rd visit it was obvious we needed to take more aggressive steps as the tumors were now recurring so frequently that every visit there were more to remove. Instead of the drastic process the first doctor intended to put me through, this Dr suggested a new treatment that had been proven to effectively stop the recurrences in 75% of those treated with it. I had 6 treatments, once a week, the side effects were a breeze I had not problem returning to work the next day after all but the last, and the best part of it all is I was 32 when I received those 6 simple treatments and I am now 52 and it has never returned.

In so far as a second opinion as you mentioned she is being treated in Chicago it wouldn't do any harm to contact the cancer treatment centers of America. They have a 24 hour 800 number so she can call them at any time to discuss the details of what she is facing and they do have a treatment center is Zion Illinois.

You can find their website here :

Cancer Treatment Center website.

Since this is a time critical issue (hoping that it is not against the T & C to provide this info) to make things a bit easier for you their 24 hour 800 number is

Call 800-392-7355 anytime to discuss your treatment options.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join