It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does a Frog Playing a Flute mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I have no idea where else to place this thread, or ask this question... So if there is a more appropriate place for this thread, feel free to move it Mods.

So.... last night, I had this amazing dream, in which I actually awoke 3 times during it, only to come back to the dream every time. I remember it in fantastic detail, and will describe it later, if or when necessary.

There is one thing I am having trouble with, and that is understanding of what a carving into a stone at the base of building depicting a Frog wearing a small hat, playing the flute, might represent.

I'm not sure if it is at all connected, but before sleeping I was researching Apollonian and Dionysian literary concepts and relation to the new testament in preparing for a thread that I may be posting at a later date.

What does Apollonian and Dionysian have to do with frogs?
The Frogs

The Frogs (Ancient Greek: Βάτραχοι Bátrachoi, "Frogs") is a comedy written by the Ancient Greek playwright Aristophanes. It was performed at the Lenaia, one of the Festivals of Dionysus, in 405 BC, and received first place

en.wikipedia.org...

It's kinda hard to explain the plausible correlations between the topics in which I researched last night, and how they may have lead to my dreams, so excuse the ramblings.

I just want to know what the frog and the flute means! It's even more important to me, because at the time of the dream in which I had scene this carving in stone at the base of a building(which is a large part of the dream), was also flashes of other images, especially those of geometric shapes transposed over other images of people, places and things. By flashing, I mean, like on a real of movie film and each frame was a different image.

BTW during my research last night, I loosely read about the Festival of Dionysus, and have to memory of seeing anything relating to The Frogs, so I have absolutely no idea where it may have came from. The only link I can think of was reading about Nietzsche's "The Birth of Tragedy" and the plot for The Frogs

story of the god Dionysus, despairing of the state of Athens' tragedians, and allegedly recovering from the disastrous Battle of Arginusae

please don't over think this, as I have obviously done, just try and suggest what the frog and the flute means LOL!

Thank you in advance.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Made me think of this-

And Im not sure about your dream but I think the flute is a phallic symbol.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Not all dreams have to mean something.
Your mind pieces together things you've experienced in life into one crazy puzzle.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
flute mean reunion or reconnection

frog means change or leap of faith

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
flute mean reunion or reconnection

frog means change or leap of faith

Wow, I think that could be it, or at least very very close to it. It even has a Dionysian conceptual metaphor type of application to my dream. Thank you!

It's weird, because the image of the frog came right before the part of a dream, in which the character(possibly me) that I was seeing through the eyes of was behind bars in a makeshift cell at the base of an atrium. When the attention was turned on me after an event in said atrium, I had thoughts of "It doesn't matter what they do to me, for I will be back(and/or not be mortally eliminated). I remember having the feeling of a COMPLETE LEAP OF FAITH, and that there was a sort of reunion and/or reconnection to take place soon in the future.

wow....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
Not all dreams have to mean something.
Your mind pieces together things you've experienced in life into one crazy puzzle.

This may be true..

But I have had dreams in the past, in which I even remember the feelings and thoughts I had during them. Then later, to have the EXACT SAME places, people, and events actually happen, even accompanied by the feelings and thoughts from the dreams.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Could it be a pied piper thing?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bulldetector
Could it be a pied piper thing?

I want to say no.. but maybe.

The setting where this building and atrium was located was on an island, and had something to do with nuclear technology and possibly to do with the development of these technologies. This dream had a very 'Lost'(tv show) kind of feel to it. The men on this island were seemingly 'left behind' for means of secrecy and were meant to be disposable.

It was immediately after seeing the barrage of images in the movie 'reel' frame by frame type flashes, that I found myself in the 'cell' at the base of this atrium, in which there was a large pile of scrap metal and a pulley system with a bus hanging from it over the middle of this pile. This is when the apparent 'leader' of the clan of tragedy pointed up, and the bus was hoisted up in the air and then dropped from 100ft or so onto the rubble. There was a person inside this bus, in which was with me the entire dream up until this point. During which, I had feelings of complacency and/or contemptuousness which are both contradictory of each other seemingly, but honestly the way I felt. Kinda mixed emotions I suppose.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

please don't over think this, as I have obviously done, just try and suggest what the frog and the flute means LOL!

Thank you in advance.

Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson is a reptilian??

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Have you ever played the flute yourself?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
yea perhaps... once u take that leap of faith

u would free urself from such imposing bars

and retrieve ur whimsical free spirited bliss.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

"Frogs in the church? What does this mean? We find the answer in the book of Revelation. The book of Revelation tells us that frogs represent unclean spirits that come from the mouth of the beast. The book of Revelation is highly symbolic as it the rest of the bible. When the bible speaks of frogs, it is speaking of those who try to follow the law of God by their own works of righteousness in the flesh." Source

"The three most prominent characteristics of a frog are pomposity, an air of superior wisdom and knowledge, and a continual croaking. The teachings associated with frogs would be doctrines of bombast and pomposity, an attempt to overawe with dignity and assumed authority."

"And I saw, coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs. " Revelation 16:13:

Search: frogs represent in the bible

top topics

join