It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Warns Obama : No Last Minute Regulations When You Lose !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I think your getting ahead of yourself... or rather the GOP is. The F&F connection to the WH is threadlike at best and would be difficult to prove well enough for BO to step aside.

...but I suppose we'll see.

and I'm assuming your question was rhetorical.

Good catch on the article though... S&F for you.

Eurisko could be onto something here... it is patently obvious the Obama administration sent Kelly out of country to keep him from having to answer questions and or a subpeona regarding F n F.
Given this, Euriskos assement of a deep throat could come to pass.
Think about it, that thread mentioned could become a 1 " steel cable if one whistleblower produces a copy of currently hidden or redacted email documents as the missing link.
Even Ollie North couldn't protect the President then....
How about a congressman sending an aide with a copy of the subpeona to where Kelly is being hidden and a new deep throat being born???

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon

I think your getting ahead of yourself... or rather the GOP is. The F&F connection to the WH is threadlike at best and would be difficult to prove well enough for BO to step aside.

Eurisko could be onto something here... it is patently obvious the Obama administration sent Kelly out of country to keep him from having to answer questions and or a subpeona regarding F n F.
Think about it, that thread mentioned could become a 1 " steel cable if one whistleblower produces a copy of currently hidden or redacted email documents as the missing link.
How about a congressman sending an aide with a copy of the subpeona to where Kelly is being hidden and a new deep throat being born???

I can see the future.

The next Darrell Issa hearing with Eric Holder will not go well.

Issa: Mr. Holder, have you ever heard of a National Security Advisor named Kevin O'Reilly?

Holder: Um.........yes.

Issa: Have you heard that Kevin O'Reilly has been transferred to Iraq?

Holder: Ummm..........(cough)......yes.

Issa: I did not have Mr. O'Reilly under oath but he did give me some alarming information
regarding the Fast & Furious Scandal.

Would you like to resign today or wait until later in the year?

Holder: I would like to resign today.

Issa: I see. I have just 1 more question for you. I would like to remind you that are under oath.

Did President Obama have knowledge of the strategy to smear the gun dealers and attack

the 2nd Amendment?

Holder: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me.

Issa: I understand. You are dismissed.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LevelHeaded
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Yes, the article linked in the OP was biased in favor the GOP but these midnight executive orders seem to be a tradition from both parties. I believe that the out going POTUS should be working with the incoming president elect on a proper turn over rather than trying to solidify their legacy.

Executive Order List by Year/President

Speaker Boehner and Senator McConnell appear to be concerned Obama will trash the nation

with outrageous executive orders and regulations before he walks out the front door of the

White House.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

He hasn't kept one promise he made in 2009...Why would he start now? And why would the GOP state that he should hold to those promises now?? What about the last 3 years?

I'm not sure what you are talking about here, it seems a bit incoherent to me. Are you talking about Obama's campaign promises in 2008 or the GOP's midterm promises in 2010?

If you are talking about Obama, you should understand that out of more than 500 campaign promises, somewhere on the order of 45% have been kept or a compromise implementation reached. A further 30% are 'in the works' or have not been triggered by events. 13% are stalled, meaning they have been worked, but not completed due to a variety of reasons. Only 12% have been fully broken.

12% sounds like a remarkably small number to me, considering the do nothing Congress dominated by the Party of "No". I'll admit some of those broken promises are big ones but so are many of the ones that were kept. Many of the broken promises required a Congress willing to step on the toes of its biggest benefactors and you know how likely that is.

Your hyperbole about how he "hasn't kept one promise he made" is simply and demonstrably bovine excrement.

My source for the numbers is here

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Obama promised to close Gitmo after 1 year. -- Failed -- F

Obama said the unemployment rate would stay below 8%. -- Failed -- F

Obama personally flew out to Solyndra and made Solyndra his flagship example

of Obamanomics. -- Failed -- F $530 Million down the toilet

ObamaCare was laughed out of the Supreme Court. It's unconstitutional. -- Failed -- F

We have seen enough of Obamas empty promises.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Here to hoping you are in fact clairvoyant Eurisko....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If clairvoyant means riding on a shorter version of a school bus,

I'd say yes.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

We won't have to wait long to find out.

When you see Obama behaving desperate and very nervous over the next 3 months

now you know why.

His time is short.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The reasons Kelly was sent out of country are still mere conjecture at this point. What seems obvious still has to be proven. And Reagan never stepped aside or brought up on charges.

If an F&F "deepthroat" does come forward that would be a game changer but we're talking about very powerful people here. Even when caught red handed they seem to wiggle out of the snare....

edit on 12-4-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This Fast & Furious Scandal is beginning to remind me of a movie called

- The Pelican Brief - Starring Julia Roberts

It's a movie about a scandal hitting the White House.

Attempts were made to cover it up but failed.

At the end of the movie the president of the United States was forced to resign.

Eric Holder and Obama are the stars of the 2012 Pelican Brief.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Will definitely keep my eye on this story...
Heads may be a rollin'

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I found more info with a Google search.

National Security Advisor Kevin O'Reilly is currently working for Secretary of State

Hillary Clinton at the American Embassy in Iraq.

I wonder if his phone is tapped?

How does Darrel Issa hand him a subpoena? Federal Express?

Maybe Bill O'Reilly could fly to Baghdad and interview him there.

They could call it the O'Reilly conference.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The reasons Kelly was sent out of country are still mere conjecture at this point. What seems obvious still has to be proven. And Reagan never stepped aside or brought up on charges.

If an F&F "deepthroat" does come forward that would be a game changer but we're talking about very powerful people here. Even when caught red handed they seem to wiggle out of the snare....

edit on 12-4-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

More info: Darrel Issa simply wants Kevin O'Reilly to testify over the phone!!!

- Issa / O'Reilly -

The Deep Throat at the Justice Dept. has probably slipped more info to

Darrel Issa. That would explain the actions of Senator McConnell and Speaker Boehner.

Here it comes. Tell Obama in writing to leave quietly.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Obama has gotten into the habit of bypassing the legislative branch at every turn.

This warning was a pre-emptive motion to inhibit more draconian edicts for The Emperor.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You can only cover corruption for so long.

No wonder government is hiring. They need all hands just to inhibit subpoenas!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

His justification is lame.

Kevin O'Reilly cannot testify over the phone because he is in Iraq? So what?!

It will be interesting to find out who the Deep Throat is at the Justice Department.

It took decades to find out who the first Deep Throat was.

--------
The #2 guy at the FBI.

FBI Deputy Director Mark Felt

Bye...bye ...President Nixon

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Now, I'm not a constitutional lawyer (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express)

(4) Any deposition may be recorded by videotape without leave of the court or stipulation of the parties, provided the deposition is taken in accordance with this subdivision.

From RULE 1.310 DEPOSITIONS UPON ORAL EXAMINATION
phonl.com...

That's just Florida state law. (I Googled, was the first thing that popped up)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I completely understand where the GOP is coming from and trying to prevent. I was just responding to a sarcastic post about how "bad" Clinton was with his midnight exec. orders. If the linked article mentioned some GOP POTUS midnight exec orders then I would have left out the "article is biased" comment. As I stated, it seems to be a tradition with the outgoing PTOUS from both parties.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Obama promised to close Gitmo after 1 year. -- Failed -- F

Agreed. I didn't say no promise had been broken. This is a big one. It is also a very difficult one.

Obama said the unemployment rate would stay below 8%. -- Failed -- F

THIS IS FALSE. No such promise was ever made by anyone in the Obama administration.

To quote Politifact:

We think it's a big stretch to call an economic projection a "promise." The administration never characterized it that way and included plenty of disclaimers saying the predictions had "significant margins of error" and a higher degree of uncertainty due to a recession that is "unusual both in its fundamental causes and its severity."

Obama personally flew out to Solyndra and made Solyndra his flagship example of Obamanomics. -- Failed -- F $530 Million down the toilet

Since this issue is not a 'campaign promise', it really doesn't have anything to do with your broken promise thesis, does it?

The money is down the toilet, yes. Obama used the deal for publicity as an early stimulus win and that idea backfired, yes. But the loan program was Bush's idea, the loan request was begun under the Bush administration, and the Government investment into the company helped investors who were major Republican donors, not Democratic donors.

For more (truthful) information review here: Mostly False: "(President Barack Obama gave) half a billion in taxpayer money to help his friends at Solyndra, a business the White House knew was on the path to bankruptcy."

First, the money wasn't Obama's to give. Solyndra's request predated his administration, and career Energy Department officials handled the deal.

Second, e-mails so far don't show an administration pushing through a loan to help Obama's "friends at Solyndra." Rather, it appears the administration asked the Energy Department officials to hurry the regular process, so the administration could burnish its stimulus efforts.
The government wasn't the only blindsided investor — private investors put up far more, and stand to lose more, than taxpayers.

The Solyndra story might be one of the poor design of the Energy Department's loan guarantee program — something the Government Accountability Office has pointed out since 2008. And with the congressional investigation ongoing, we may learn more about the Obama administration's role in the loan program — perhaps better supporting the ad's claims. For now, though, information in the public record does not support the ad's claim that the Obama White House is a pay-to-play cash machine for the politically well-connected. We rate this ad's claim Mostly False.

and here: Mostly True: The loan guarantee program that helped Solyndra "was a program that was supported by President Bush."

Plouffe said that the loan guarantee program that awarded half a billion dollars in guarantees to Solyndra "was supported by President Bush." The program was created on Bush's watch by a law he signed and promoted. The program grew under the Obama administration, which ultimately awarded Solyndra's loan guarantee under a new section of the law created by the stimulus. The Bush administration, though, promoted the loan guarantee program, and Bush himself touted it on his way out of office. There's also evidence his administration specifically prioritized Solyndra's project. We find Plouffe's statement Mostly True.

ObamaCare was laughed out of the Supreme Court. It's unconstitutional. -- Failed -- F

THIS IS FALSE. Of course you know that the Supreme Court has not ruled on 'Obamacare' yet, don't you? The folks feeding you this drivel are the only ones laughing - at you - for swallowing their hogwash.

Lets just let the events play out in real time, shall we?

Just to be clear, you would consider it an Obama failing if the mandate is ruled unconstitutional because you considered the Obamacare plan a positive thing, right?

We have seen enough of Obamas empty promises.

You're right. What the heck has Obama done so far. How could I be so blind?
edit on 12/4/2012 by rnaa because: fix link

edit on 12/4/2012 by rnaa because: No, really, fix the link this time.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You are dreaming. Ollie-gate didn't sink Ronnie Raygun, and this won't sink Obama.

If the sword of Damocles hangs over Obama's head, he will put forward what he surely has on GWB and 911. It doesn't even matter if any of it is true. That is just the way the game is played. The resulting conflagration might even be epic, but "love," as the song says, will "tear us apart." Be careful what you wish for.

I think what you are missing here is these people (and it doesn't matter at all whether its an "R" guy or a "D" guy, BTW.... They go to the same schools. They are part of the same social networks (and I ain't talking about low-rent social networks life FB or LI either. Their kids go to the same schools, dig?

They ain't going M-A-D over this kind of stuff; not when there is another 127 trillion to be pilfered from pensions and retirement funds, both here, and across the pond. Do you honestly think they are going to cut n run now? They've got a biggun on the hook, and the biggest payday in the history of the universe is about to unfold itself straight into their pockets.

Yaay team!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join