It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiment in Zazen, volunteers needed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Your mind won't settle? Feel hectic? Need calm in your life? I propose an experiment

But I need volunteers and i'll be participating as well. We'll practice zazen meditation for at least 10 min. a day, for 30 days. All the while you'll document any positive changes in your life you get from it. The set date to begin will be determined by the volunteers. So what is zazen and how do you do it?(and no you don't have to be buhdist, im not, you can be any religion or none)

Zazen can actually be translated to “seated meditation”. It is a method of meditation in which you go deep inside yourself, not to escape the world per se, but actually become one with the Universe and all that is connected. It is at this point of connection that you experience that state of pure bliss and inner peace and come to know your True Self.
Zazen is the practice of becoming one with your breath. It is the art of practicing non-duality, a marriage between the mind and body through the awareness of your breath in the moment. Through this practice you let go of the ego and all that it encompasses and bring the mind out of the past and also the future right into the present moment. You can only find true inner peace and bliss when you are experiencing everything right here, right now. This is the place Zazen brings you to.

www.anthonybasich.com...
www.anthonybasich.com...
please please please read these two links, now in this experiment it doesn't matter if your not able to get in the meditative position, you may sit or lay in any position you like, it has more to do with your mind. But preferably try and get into one of these positions. www.mro.org... but like I said if you can't you may be in any position, no problem.

So 30 days, at least 10 min. a day (preferably in the morning), and document positive changes in your life. who's game?
Experienced Zazen meditaters are more than welcome as well as you'll be great help.

This will be your journal and documentation if you choose to use it. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-4-2012 by xxThexGreatxEscapexx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xxThexGreatxEscapexx

Count me in! I have not meditated much for 7 years.

Actually reading your description about this type of meditation It's what I used to do in 2005. It DOES do exactly what it says it does.

"Zazen initiates the process of atonement and the renewal of your spirit which releases the true power within you."

Heck yes it does...

I have questions at the bottom.

Post by DustyToad

I was resisting saying this, but I was trying to hint at it. I dabbled in meditation some time ago. One day while meditating I started shaking, I full of energy. my mouth was like, "Jesus come inside my heart!" I say my mouth said this, because I didn't control it. Hugely weird since I was a hardcore athiest. Then My body shifts around and I can feel my spine and all my vertabrae, "Clicking into place." then My arms outstretched like something you would do to welcome glowing light from above (kinda jesus looking pose). Then my mouth said, "Hi God."

That is when Energy Shot UP my spine with immense force. And at the same time glowing liquid light was filling the inside of my head and running down all the way to my feet. This light knew me, it was conscious. I had perfect Wisdom and solved a lot of issues I had with growing up. Then it ended.

My arms could now be let down, whereas before they had their own mind. I was HEAVY with energy and my arms were so so tired. I was confused about this. I was only like this for 5 minutes, how the heck are my arms immobile. I couldn't even raise my lower arm at the elbow.

I looked at the clock and WHOA!!! It had been an hour and a half since this started. It was like I was in Eternity Forever in 1.5 hours for 5 minutes. That might not make sense to some, but I mean it as it reads.

edit on 4/9/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Should we be posting in here everyday?
Should we keep an outside journal?
should we only post after 30 days?
How will this not get bogged down?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Awesome!
Hopefully you'll continue it after the 30 days and it'll turn into a routine. As far as the documentation goes i'm not really sure yet. At first I was thinking we could just document it on this thread but it may like you say get bogged down. hmmm. what do you think? And no, not after 30 days, every day starting when we start the experiment.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Im in. This sounds like exactly what I need. At the very least it will put me back in the habit of meditating. Heres to hoping for some positive results.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by underduck

Awesome! The more the merrier, heres to your happiness.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxThexGreatxEscapexx

Awesome!
Hopefully you'll continue it after the 30 days and it'll turn into a routine. As far as the documentation goes i'm not really sure yet. At first I was thinking we could just document it on this thread but it may like you say get bogged down. hmmm. what do you think? And no, not after 30 days, every day starting when we start the experiment.

I cannot come up with a solution to this.

I think we just go for it.

Maybe you start a documenting thread that only documenting is posted in. And in this thread we can share major achievements and generally discuss topic?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I think we just go for it.

Agreed. If the post gets bogged down with people explaining the good things that happen to them it will only be a nice change of pace around here.
edit on 9-4-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Sounds like a plan I'll make that now

I'll link it to this thread and vice versa

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm in. I used to mediate every day and did so for about 2 1/2 years. I have since gotten away from it, so maybe this is what I need to get back on track. Meditation is a wonderful and powerful tool.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Me and my partner are up for it (though it'll probably end up being just me :@@
... I think someone had a good idea, make a thread that we only post in once a day and then use this one to discuss the topic more freely... Perhaps you could ask the other ats members kindly not to post in the other thread but link to this one if they want to laugh at us?

I've not tried much meditation, though i've done a few guided ones on youtube... There was one in particular that had you focusing on particular parts of your body, then at one point he said you should feel your toes tingling now and I was like
!

Any way really nice idea so star and flag for you!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Your life is what you make of it. If you choose to view it in a negative light, you'll only see negative things. If you choose to view it in a positive light, you'll always find something to be happy about.

You just have to get a...*ahem* attitude adjustment

Not this meditation stuff.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Iv made a documentation thread if anyone chooses to use it. It should be a daily journal on your experiences.

We start tomorrow morning.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm in. I needed a kick in the pants to get started again. It's been about 20 years since I mediated on a regular basis and I am feeling hedged in and restless. Sounds like just the thing!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

While thinking positive and a good attitude are very important and crucial for happiness, mediation is a tool to help you achieve this. If you don't wanna be in the experiment don't post. And read this www.news.wisc.edu...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Your life is what you make of it. If you choose to view it in a negative light, you'll only see negative things. If you choose to view it in a positive light, you'll always find something to be happy about.

You just have to get a...*ahem* attitude adjustment

Not this meditation stuff.

Meditation can be a very big and effective part of helping someone view things in positive light.

Your post is a contradiction.

edit on 9-4-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Im in as well. I used to utilize guided meditation. I prepped by drinking an herbal tea and listening to Enigma. Usually set the stage for a pretty deep session. A planned ten minute session always seemed to last longer the more i did it. But got more out of it as time went by. Ill begin tomorrow morning.... ill try and document as much as possible. Thanks for putting me back on track....

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I used to meditate almost daily a few years back, it does help. I'll give it a shot, too, why not.

Breathing meditations are great for centering yourself; its not about going deep into meditation, but just feeling the energy within yourself. I've also heard breathing exercises help relieve stress, but I have never committed to practicing 10-20 minutes of daily meditation so I can't speak to that from personal experience.

Should be fun

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxThexGreatxEscapexx
Iv made a documentation thread if anyone chooses to use it. It should be a daily journal on your experiences.

We start tomorrow morning.

Thanks
I AM So Ready for this, I AM...

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I actually discovered a new technique for meditation recently while in contact with myself and the universe.

Essentially from any position (I personally prefer the Burmese) make two fists and touch them together at the middle knuckles. Point your thumbs upwards and form a triangle without touching them. Hover the triangle around the navel until you unlock the "sweet" spot - an area that feels warm and comfortable.

The way I see it is that energy flows out through the navel and into the hands with traditional styles - but with this method it feels as though you have control of it and can direct negative energies away from you and into totems to be disposed of in whatever manner.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I've just read the links you provided and in there he recommends doing this twice a day, once in the morning and once at night... Do you think we should do that? I'm more than happy to do it twice a day as advised. What are your thoughts on this op? Btw we're going to see if our kids want to have a go too.

edit on 9-4-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join