It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Why didn't they wave to us on Live TV from the moon's surface ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Normally astronauts wave while on live TV from space. They also wave before they leave and when they come back. Did any of the Apollo astronauts wave to us on Live TV from the moon's surface ?

edit on 8-4-2012 by Ove38 because: pic fix

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
theres a delay due to the time it takes for the signal to reach the moon and then they have to respond and it takes the same time to return back to the earth so i'd imagine that they'd be spending more time not being annoyed by people so they could just get on and do the job espcially when they are just learning the lurnar environment and dont want to do anything that may cause a fatal tear in a suit etc as that would be terrible pr

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well I'm thinking the Apollo men who landed on the moon were a little occupied with survival in an environment which gives nothing remotely close to comfort. The other EVA's like the one in the pic are in the same boat...but a couple decades further along with tech and confidence that it will work.

Heck...I'm still amazed they even made it there and back so many times without a single fatality. It's stunning to consider...but I'll guess that would be why every one of them didn't do a big Hollywood wave for the cameras. Too busy insuring they lived to tell the tale of their trip, IMO.

edit on 8-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I must agree as well. They were far to busy with trying to survive, rather than make a show of things. That's not terribly precessional.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Relax. The Earth is still flat.
You should find another conspiracy.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
That probably wasn't in the script. They were far too busy with setting up lights and camera angles.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by Nite_wing

Cynic.

2nd

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
my grandpa told me when he was watching it live, the announcer mentioned they had only an hours worth of fuel left as they were landing on the surface

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Who cares?
2nd

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
Reply to post by Nite_wing

Cynic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Sarcastic a$$ would have been more appropriate.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ove38
Normally astronauts wave while on live TV from space.

How about a salute?
Thats kindof like a wave.

Right at the end, just as Nixon finishes talking to them.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well I'm thinking the Apollo men who landed on the moon were a little occupied with survival in an environment which gives nothing remotely close to comfort. The other EVA's like the one in the pic are in the same boat...but a couple decades further along with tech and confidence that it will work.

Heck...I'm still amazed they even made it there and back so many times without a single fatality. It's stunning to consider...but I'll guess that would be why every one of them didn't do a big Hollywood wave for the cameras. Too busy insuring they lived to tell the tale of their trip, IMO.

edit on 8-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Perhaps they "didn't do a big Hollywood wave for the cameras" because it got omitted from the script. We are assuming they did actually go to the moon, of course.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
my grandpa told me when he was watching it live, the announcer mentioned they had only an hours worth of fuel left as they were landing on the surface

Actually, they only had seconds of fuel left before they landed. Had they not made a quick decision, the mission would have had to be aborted.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

whats with all of the weird reflections in that video?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by yourmaker

Actually, they only had seconds of fuel left before they landed. Had they not made a quick decision, the mission would have had to be aborted.

ah I see, how did they make it back??

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
For that matter, why didn't the astronauts spend at least 20 minutes of their time thanking all of the little people that put them there...you know, like the Oscars? Why didn't Neil Armstrong take off his helmet and blow kisses to all the pretty ladies back home? Why didn't Buzz make an advertisement for Pepsi Cola instead of performing a very personal communion?

Oh, I forgot, they were on the MOON. They had duties to perform in a very narrow window with which to do them.

Later mission had a bit more silliness---the first men on the moon treated it as a very solemn, historical event that was watched by billions.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

The LM's decent stage was running out of fuel, the return vehicle had it's own supply.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
They also had a full plate of things to do in each EVA with very little time to do them, not spend time standing there waving at the world watching them.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Ove38
Normally astronauts wave while on live TV from space.

How about a salute?
Thats kindof like a wave.

Right at the end, just as Nixon finishes talking to them.

Probably a stupid question, but... Is this the original, unaltered footage? I ask because there is no apparent delay in communication or even the video.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The radio delay would be 2.5 seconds each way. So not very much from the earth to the moon and back.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join