It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando's Rep. Adams fears Obama power grab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
articles.orlandosentinel.com...

A White House order updating federal emergency powers has raised alarm among some conservative commentators, and U.S. Rep. Sandy Adams, that President Barack Obama is attempting to grab unconstitutional powers.

Adams, R-Orlando, said it "leaves the door open for the president to give himself control over American resources during both times of peace, and national crisis."

"It's valid to be concerned that the president has too many powers that are justified by national-defense needs," said Benjamin Friedman, a defense expert with the libertarian Cato Institute. "But this executive order doesn't change much compared to prior executive orders that Republican and Democratic presidents have put in place."

I don't know but it seems they are prepping for something and covering all the bases.
Maybe it's nothing but it seems like our "freedom" is slipping through our fingers.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It's called UHC.

Of course there is the possibility they could jsut be caught up in the moment and could be wrong too.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Call it off topic if you like but I was trying to learn more about who she is. But how does someone only serve one year in the Air Force? 1974-1975. It seems strange . Why was she kicked out?

bioguide.congress.gov...

ADAMS, Sandra (Sandy), a Representative from Florida; born in Wyandotte, Wayne County, Michigan, on December 14, 1956; attended high school and earned a G.E.D.; B.A., Columbia College, Orlando, Fla., 2000; United States Air Force, 1974-1975; Orange County, Fla., sheriff’s office, 1985-2002; member of the Florida state house of representatives, 2002-2010; elected as a Republican to the One Hundred Twelfth Congress (January 3, 2011-present).

Looking at her record I would say she is trying to fight Obama from attacking police departments and sheriff departments for wrong doing. I say that becaus e she was a sheriff and she does not like Obama going after someone just like her a Tea Party Sheriff. Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Found out some information. She dropped out of school at 17 joined the Air Force and got knocked up and married the person she met in the Air Force but because she was pregant and a high school drop out the military gave her the boot not to mention she broke the rules of sleeping with her fellow troops. So then she ends up getting a divorce claiming abuse. She then gets a GED and becomes a cop and later a government offical and she knows better than you so you should listen to her.

adams.house.gov...
edit on 8-4-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I don't think it's off topic seems relevant.

I didn't know much about her either thanks for the information.

new topics

top topics

join