It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Police Pose as Giant Bunnies to Catch Illegal Drivers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Obey the law and you've got nothing to worry about, right?

Really? That old stand again?

Ok, let's put 10 cameras on your house so we can see when you come and go. Let's track every phone call, email, text that comes from you. Let's record your CC transactions so we know what you are doing every minute of the day. What you eat, wear, what you drink etc.

And then let's put a GPS on your car, a smart meter on your house and give us the right to strip search you because you want to fly over to see grandma for the holidays.

But if you aren't doing anything wrong, there should be no problem, right?

This kind of logic is just permission for the incoming Police State to take a step further.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
I don't see the big deal. Law enforcement comes up with a unique way to enforce.

There's a lot of idiots out there behind the wheel, and people die every day from "accidents", by all means if the officers want to disguise themselves as a bunny, mail box, or whatever other clever contraption I say be my guest and get them off the freakin' road and/or enforce seatbelt laws.

edit on 7-4-2012 by Sek82 because: eta

Why don't you start a petition to just take all cars away from everyone...problem solved.....

There is a fine line between stupid people, and stupid police ticketing tactics.....

Des

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

There's a lot of idiots out there behind the wheel, and people die every day from "accidents", by all means if the officers want to disguise themselves as a bunny, mail box, or whatever other clever contraption I say be my guest and get them off the freakin' road and/or enforce seatbelt laws.

I know of a few people close to me who survived horrific accidents without a seatbelt, had my cousin been wearing his when a semi struck the driver's side he would have likely died because he would have been crushed. Seatbelt laws prove we live in a nanny state.

The problem is cops often miss the problem drivers and go after non-issues like seatbelts. I had a DUI 3.5 years ago, I can't afford to have a driver's license. Even though I have never been in a car accident with over 10 years of driving in Florida. I am considered a dangerous driver. However I know of many people who average 2 car accidents a year, most of them their fault yet they have no problem retaining a driver's license and most of them even have 'Safe Driver' on their license and get cheap car insurance.

The system is most certainly broken.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You have to applaud their efforts. Most extortionist don't go to such creative lengths to wrest their money from their victims. These must be dedicated extortionist. Or perhaps they are under their quotas and desperate.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Can you off the top of your head name off the thousands upon thousands of laws in this country?

Nope. Me either ... so I suppose we both have something to worry about since I have absolutely no idea if I'm breaking the law.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Here's one on duty now..........

Coming to a street near you...

Des
edit on 7-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by jude11

You have to applaud their efforts. Most extortionist don't go to such creative lengths to wrest their money from their victims. These must be dedicated extortionist. Or perhaps they are under their quotas and desperate.

Or as in another thread from a few days ago, they get to have a pizza party for the most tickets handed out.

In their costumes they'll fit right in at Chuck E. Cheez.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Heheh, most of that is already in place, though! Of course I am not ok with it either. I keep tellin' myself I ought to check my car for external GPS tracking devices one of these days, though. Wouldn't that be something to find on the bottom of your car?

Still, I don't see this as very wrong. I have pet peeves with other law enforcement tactics though, such as bait/sting operations, those drive me nuts. Bunny on the street corner enforcing laws however, well we've all seen worse.

reply to post by Destinyone

At least there'd be a heck of a lot less fatalities on the roads if that were to happen, got to admit!

reply to post by jrod

They were very lucky to survive that, then... We ought to agree for the most part that seatbelts will most of the time do more good than harm. I don't disagree the system is broken to some degree. I've known someone who was made an example of just because of a single DUI, also.

reply to post by Rockpuck

Touché!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

The thing I don't understand is that in FL there is no inspection, and there is no "helmet law" in FL so you can ride a motorcycle with no seatbelt and no helmet, but have to ware a seatbelt while driving my truck. Seems a little out there.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Pretty funny

and desperate if you ask me.

These guys think of anything.

I wear the seat belt not because
of any law though. if everyone
wore it which i think should be a choice
then all we got is some nerd out
there in a bunny suit.

pies on there face

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by jude11

Des

Looks like he's ready for war...

Where's his badge?

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

He's training the cops on bikes behind him.....

they'll have the Full Bunny Force soon.....may have to rename the Bunny Hop song to the Bunny Cop Hop...

Des

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Pretty funny

and desperate if you ask me.

These guys think of anything.

I wear the seat belt not because
of any law though. if everyone
wore it which i think should be a choice
then all we got is some nerd out
there in a bunny suit.

pies on there face

Real Men DON'T WEAR BUNNY SUITS!!!

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by jude11

Des

You see that, but I envision this:

Either way, this is a cash cow of course.

brill

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
reply to post by Trublbrwing

The problem with that logic is what is the point of having laws if they are not enforced? I hated wearing a seat belt for the first few years the law went into effect but there is no denying that little strap can save your life in an accident.

What about cars that cannot pass inspection? Just let them pollute and drive with bad brakes etc.?

I guess it all boils down to freedom and where the line is, as an adult it should be your right to decide if a helmet or seat belt is necessary. Maybe next month three people in a row crash their cars because they were playing with their GPS while they were driving, does that mean we need a law to keep people from using them on the highway?
As for the pollution and bad brakes I am sure anyone driving around with grinding brakes isn't doing it by choice, more than likely it's a matter of finding a mechanic who will actually install a brake pad for $50 and not gouge them for pads, rotors, labor and $350. If you offered to loan someone with bad brakes your car I'm quite certain they would love to drive it instead of their own.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
This is a common tactic here in Florida. They dress as homeless people. They dress in costumes. Whatever it takes to raise money for the cities. It has little to do with actual law enforcement or public safety imo.

If you live in Florida then you should be well aware that there's tons of people that drive like maniacs.It's one of the few things I absolutely cannot stand.I'm not opposed to this.If you're not breaking the law you've got nothing to worry about.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Talk about a way to ruin a perfectly good holiday. See, now you can't even be sure that it's safe to trust that the friendly characters like Santa and the Easterbunny aren't actually some douchebag just waiting to bust you for something that's none of their business, anyway.

And if you don't comply with what they want, they'll just beat you and put you in a cage.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
and what about the poor children?
now the Easter Bunny is a boogey-man.
Mr Policeman is suppose to be your friend children!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
reply to post by Trublbrwing

The problem with that logic is what is the point of having laws if they are not enforced? I hated wearing a seat belt for the first few years the law went into effect but there is no denying that little strap can save your life in an accident.

What about cars that cannot pass inspection? Just let them pollute and drive with bad brakes etc.?

Seatbelt laws exist because of lobbying by insurance companies to reduce cost... Nothing more

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I find it interesting that many people try to avoid taking responsibility for their actions by trying to make it someone else fault, rather than own up and say "yeah, I was wrong, I messed up" I have a novel idea on how to avoid seat belt ticket and speeding tickets, wear your seat belt and don't speed. If you do speed and get caught, guess what, you were speeding. If you were not wearing your seat belt and get caught, guess what, you were not wearing your seat belt, take responsibility for your actions or inaction.

Before some self righteous git tries accusing me of being a hypocrite, well, yes, I do drive a bit over the speed limit sometimes, and yes, if I get caught, it will probably be fair and square. I was once caught speeding, more than doubling the speed limit right after I bought my Camero Z28 ( a few years ago), the cops had bugged me saying the new they would get me speeding sooner or later, and they did. I owned up, took responsibility for my "brain fart" as the cop put it, and he let me off with a verbal warning. I should have lost my car car for 3 months and my license until the courts decided I could get it back. I know, I was lucky, but that is the closest I have ever been to getting a moving violation, and I always wear my seat belt, i have seen to much bad crap on the roads not too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join