It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate and Discussion With A Twist!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have been listening to the ATS live show for a long time now, and even though I can get me 2 cents in by either calling in or the chat room, last time I called in I had the pleasure to actually talk with another caller, about a particular subject.

This in my perspective was awesome.

I had a suggestion for those moments when there is dead air. Can we have a particular subject bought up, and then have one pro and one con discuss it over the air? It can be a 15 min segment, and the callers will have about 3 min to share their thoughts.

It would be like the debate thread and presidential debates, on the AIR!! As long as one their is a difference of opinion.

Though you guys in the studio know I luv ya!
Sometimes when there is no one to challenge what is being said on the air, it seems to be very one sided, especially if everyone agrees, but no one is speaking up or calling in.

I am sure that this will motivate callers, and members alike.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Good idea!

I like it...sounds plausible!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I think so, it lets member and non be involved, and and if you are not a member, you are a listener and that is just as important to the show.

I love when people call in and they are asked their names and panic because they dont have screen-names, but they know by the end of the call they are just as important to the life of ATS, as those that write threads.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, also at the end of the call if it is a non member, the studio can throw in that if they would like to continue the conversation and their point of view they can do so by coming to ATS. This will promote more members that obviously like the show, so they would like the site, and promote other callers to come in and discuss what they heard on the radio.
edit on 6-4-2012 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Nice idea.

Looking forward to see how this may develope!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by jerryznv

I think so, it lets member and non be involved, and and if you are not a member, you are a listener and that is just as important to the show.

I love when people call in and they are asked their names and panic because they dont have screen-names, but they know by the end of the call they are just as important to the life of ATS, as those that write threads.

Peace, NRE.

I could ot agree with you more...it sounds like fun really!

I have called in on a few occasions and got to chat with the staff a bit...but having another member to debate with would be neat!

I think a small block of the show should be considered for your idea...at least try it out and see how it goes!

Might have to mention this in the ATS live thread...whenever it pops up for the next show!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
why not start a youtube channel and do it yourself? Conference call on skype, im sure you would get viewers.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

I dont think thats allowed. Im not even sure if mods can come in here and comment on the idea. I just wanted to throw that out there to see if I was the only one who thought it would be interesting.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You really think that you are not allowed to start your own youtube channel? You have had too much of the kool-aid friend.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

I was talking about intertwining it with the show, not my own channel. This is in boards and questions because its about ATS.

NRE.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I will alert Nef to this!

I personally think it is a great idea....and we LOVE it when people call in to disagree

We love callers too!! It is a matter of getting callers though....yall are all very very shy!!
except for NRE....she is a pro now!

edit on April 6th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I still never heard myself on the show. I mute, call in and then turn the volume back up

I'm sure there are more then a few members out there that would participate, myself included, to get it started. Ill bring it up in chat as well.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, if there are members reading this that would call in, post it

edit on 6-4-2012 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hey all

Its an idea with potential, but it needs ground rules and sorting out.

Leave it with me and I'll see if we can't just come up with something

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thanks for even taking it into consideration. To be honest this is really the only community that I have where I can share my thoughts openly, even if anonymously.

Sometimes I think of things from a different perspective when I think about what ATS is, and where its going, and even if its just writing a thread, reading a post, or calling into the show, it makes me feel good about participating in a place that brings this type of enjoyment.

So when I write in B&Q, I do it from a perspective of what ATS still has the ability to be in the long run, I do it from the perspective of a member that has a fear of speaking and to let others know that its still ok to call in.

I do it from a the perspective of a person that at one time kept to herself, for fear of being different about the topics here, and now found a home away from home. Every time we log in, and participate its like giving to the place that gives in return.

Wow! that was sappy

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

top topics

join