It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPad, iPhone,( iBrain?) Reknowned physicist Stephen Hawking Testing the New Experimental Device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
What wonders are we accomplish with science/ technology. While this could be the answer and a help for many people with Parkinson's disease, this could be a very good thing if used properly and for the sole purpose of helping people who suffer from this disease and perhaps some type of brain damage. Hopefully it will be used for the better and help many people. What are you're thoughts?

Huffingtonpost.com

Mind-controlled Star Wars games are one thing, but what about using a thought-tracking device for a more practical application? Using technology to monitor brain waves could, for instance, offer a means of communication for people who can't speak. Take the iBrain, one such device that's being tested on physicist Stephen Hawking. NeuroVigil, the company behind the project, hopes that the iBrain can interpret Hawking's brain waves according to an algorithm that would allow them to be translated into words or letters.

edit on 5-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: punctuation

edit on 5-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 5-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 5-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

At first, from the title, I anticipated that this article might very well be the first attempts at an external backup, with even storage and retrieval back and forth ability between wet and hardware.

Such is not the case here, but, still, this is fantastic.
I do indeed hope this works out well and can effectively facilitate better communication to assist all the many that could benefit from this.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I had some ideas about similar science.

Please read my thread.

Its being slept on.

The Future of Entertainment

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Couple this with those exoskeletons someone posted ages ago and Steven could be the world's first proper super villain.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Cybernetics coming through, everyone make way.

I've been seeing alot of these essentially "robotic" limbs/brain-chips/pieces coming out of the wood works recently. Awesome medical advancements for those whom have unfortunately lost limbs, or their sight, etc. I say sign me up to be a cyborg

top topics

join