It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian Malinois: Perfect dog for when SHTF?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Oh don't worry bhornbucke75, maybe you can barter them
JK, they'll be good alarm systems as well as letting the enemy know where you are

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

We had a bunch of those get out of some guys fence here in Ohio, Pressia Canirio and damn near tore a guy to shreads who was just walking down the street.
The owner went to jail I think for not controlling his dogs and was fined.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

They're great dogs, if trained properly. Almost like pit bulls. I don't care what people say about them, they can be good dogs too, if trained properly. That's why I say "almost". Pitbulls have been inbred soo much throughout their breeds history that they can and will turn on you. Case in point, My aunt had a pit bull that grew up with her other dog. Out of nowhere one day the pittbull mauled and killed my aunts other dog in front of her for no apparent reason. Soo...
Yeah, I'd choose a Pressa. They don't have the long history of inbreeding to make them flip a switch like pitbulls do.
edit on 5-4-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

well duh she USE to do that when she was a pup, all I was saying is the daredevil stunts she does look alot like those police dogs, though I can understand where your coming from in my post, but thank you for your concern towords my dog, few people seem to care about animals.

BUT as a pup she was a wreck, I was her third owner, the first two beat her, locked her inside a closet in total darkness, and starved her. she loves to go everywhere with me, so when I'd leave for work she'd try to jump into the bed of my truck.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have 2 trained Dobermans,when the SHTF they will be by my side!
They are ranked #2 best guard dogs and ranked #5 as the most intelligent dogs.

www.petmedsonline.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I had this breed in the past, sweet lovable dogs, but they had the loudest bark, and barked at everything, even though they had been though training. Nothing we or the trainer did could break them of their barking. I think the two that I had would have failed in becoming police dogs, even though they were obedient in every other way. I would be far to worried about them barking at the wrong time and giving away my location.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join