It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calamity Upon The Earth - New very interesting montage of strange current events. Must see!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

just my two cents but this quack seems like a hippie drug peddler to me.
"Here, do some of this, and see the world for what it is MAN!, Its AAAWWWESOME!"

not saying there is anything wrong with hippies, but what else could this guy be classified as?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There's no news like bad news, so of course disaster news will be spread at a greater rate than any other type. Tornadoes in tornado alley? Not new. Earthquakes near fault zones? To be expected. Solar flares? Happens all the time. Mass die-offs? Yeah, animals other than humans get diseases, not very new.

Show me unexpected events of a horrendous nature. Where is the unending blizzard in Florida? The 11.5 earthquake in New York? The incoming planet of death? Nothing about any of the current disasters is so unexpected, so out there, that it requires any more attention than it previously did. I'm not seeing any apocalyptic level events. If you want to talk about people waking up, I suggest you stop dreaming about the end of the world first.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jar11
reply to post by heineken

What about the crazy weather in places beating records of all written history before the internet? Also, the birds, don't you think that would have happened somehwere and be documented somewhere? The earthquakes are at an unprecedented levels (so I hear) and we've been keeping track of those for years. I am curious to see earthquake history to see what average earthquakes per year are throughout the past. Just to see if they really truly are happening at record frequency. Crazy sounds, shaking, etc? The worldwide riots/protesting? We should be able to dig up this information somewhere if it has been happening at least within the past 100ish years, no?

I agree the internet is changing the way information is delivered...but the internet was around even 15 years ago and I don't remember hearing about all this stuff? Even 7 years ago when youtube came around. Still not really a whole lot that I can remember until a couple years ago.

I want to make it clear I am so completely totally open to hearing evidence against all of this (in fact I welcome it, because it's pretty nuts).

I'm mostly just calling it as I see it. I hear a lot of people say "This is normal, this has always happened."
Yet, I haven't seen much data to support that tbh.

Also, I gave you a star because you have a fair point. Curious to see the data though.

I too believe these events have always happened, but this is the YEAR 2012! If nothing else, most of us are very aware of that, which makes for heightened awareness to all these events going on around us. It would be interesting to check back over the past 20 years or more to see how many strange events we actually missed due to the fact that we just didn't pay attention...since it wasn't a "banner" year! /editby]

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Weather records do not go back very far. Imagine that you just discovered the sport of football and started tracking the highest and lowest scores. You're going to be breaking your records every week or so because you don't have a lot of data to reference. This is what is happening with weather. Climatologists don't have a very large amount of real data to reference which also led to the Global Cooling/Warming farces. In the 1970's it was predicted that the entire earth would be in an ice age by the year 2000 if we didn't stop pumping carbon dioxide into the air. Now suddenly popular opinion has shifted to the warming aspect. When it comes to events like this the population is quick to accept an idea and equally quick to forget it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm sort of on the fence about this...meaning on one hand it certainly seems that "events" are happening daily now and seem to be approaching hourly - like we're truly rushing faster and faster to the end of this ride called life. On the other hand I can totally see that it is only the information, access, and ability to notice things that we couldn't notice before. There are monitors for earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and a variety of other events that we just simply did not have before or that there was much less of. So perhaps it's not that more is happening it could just be that we are more able to see it all now - and throw in the internet and other forms of instant media and everyone gets all panicky. Are intense events truly happening more often or are we just more able to notice them now? Like I said - I'm on the fence. Still a star and flag for the OP. I don't usually watch these types of imminent danger videos, but I couldn't turn this one off.

Also - this quote:

Originally posted by Orderamongchaos
If you want to talk about people waking up, I suggest you stop dreaming about the end of the world first.

Well said. There are many on ATS who could benefit from this advice.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

Star for you !!! Thank you for sharing this footage. We all feel it coming, we just arent sure what It is. What ever it is thats coming, I have no desire to survive it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

Those sounds in the beginning are insane...like Godzilla or something

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh...and I have a theory on all the dead fish and dolphins beaching themselves

edit on 4-4-2012 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Even if this sort of thing is average on planet Earth and we're just becoming more aware of it due to the internet age, it should NOT be average. Our increased awareness gives us more responsibility. I'm working towards a better world in my own way. Surrendering to the "it's always been this way so it's ok" attitude is not very conductive towards growth and betterment.

edit on 4/4/2012 by circlemaker because: spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

I don't feel anything coming. Are you sure this "feeling" isn't just because you're unhappy with your life and you want something to be coming? When you make statements like "I have no wish to survive it", it makes me think you are trying to escape into a fantasy to get away from the real world. Prepare for the long haul man, most likely we're not going anywhere.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
dp
edit on 4-4-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Crazy! Just found this on todays local paper, this is my town shore, 5 minutes walk away! I'm going down to poke them with a stick!

Mystery of dead starfish washed up on Cumbrian beach

Mystery surrounds the discovery of dozens of dead starfish washed up on a beach.

Sheena Green was walking along the shore when she found between 20 and 30 of the creatures.

The tide was coming in when Ms Green saw the dead starfish at the edge of the water in Workington.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker
Even if this sort of this is average on planet Earth and we're just becoming more aware of it due to the internet age, it should NOT be average. Our increased awareness gives us more responsibility. I'm working towards a better world in my own way. Surrendering to the "it's always been this way so it's ok" attitude is not very conductive towards growth and betterment.

Really good point!

2nd line?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Heineken...

you are totally right...

i firmly believe the things we experience through the Web now allow it to seem like the whole world is falling down around us but infact every year for the last 50 years anyway there has been either hundereds of earth quakes, droughts, crop die offs, disease, famine, animal die offs, crazy weather etc. etc. solar flares, NEO....

Now you can read about them, get first hand reports, get actual news footage, every person and there gran has a cammera with them or close by and anything can be uploaded in an instant, the world is sooo much smaller now, we have the ability to find out whats happening, i really beleive this is the reason it seems like more and more things are happening.

more of the world gets online and up to date everyday, more people reporting issues around the world, i think we will be around for many many years yet and every year will be the last one when looking at how trends increase because we have more tools at our (worldwide) disposal.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
People, people, relax. Take it easy.

Haven't you all heard? This is all normal. It is because of the "free flow" of information on the internet that this stuff is now readily available.

Of course, to believe that, you need to first believe that the internet and video recording devices weren't invented prior to 2010... but I certainly remember browsing the net back in school, and even Youtube!

Yes... no record breaking animal deaths, weather catastrophes, natural phenomenons, extreme temperature surges and fluctuations, and just plain old strange occurrences happening on a daily basis back then. But don't worry, I guess it always happened, nobody cared enough to share it with anyone else though.

The ignorant shall be ignorant and defiant until the very end. Excuses will be the saving practices of those who are unable to accept fate of reality and who are unable to come to terms with change in this life.

I think anyone who wants to go without regrets - should come to terms with the inevitable. Change is inevitable. Change is here and now.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Once again, use common sense.

The internet and video was not invented circa 2011 - 2012.

The free flow of information did not begin the past two years. I hardly doubt that people were ignorant to news before that just for the hell of it and because of that, everything before that just simply went unreported via the internet or first hand accounts.

People like you and Heineken simply grasp for every excuse that you can still grasp for to paint a picture that nothing is out of the ordinary when in fact - EVERYTHING IS OUT OF THE ORDINARY.

Just because you ignore common sense does not make it reality.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Call it selfish, but I hope something does happen on a global proportion.

We humans have became so conditioned to "being in control" that we forgot who's really in control, Mother Earth.

I fear not what the future shall bring, because I am happy with my home and what it has to say. Earth, that is.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I watched the whole thing, and the only thing that I saw we need to worry about, is our sun. The rest has been natural cycles for the past billion years.

The sun on the other hand, well we grow more reliant on electrical thingies and well, it only takes a major eruption to wipe out all electrical devices on earth, and I highly doubt human kind will do well without such at this point and time.

Our sun has been acting strange, no doubt about that, cycles happen yes, but there could be a reason for these cycles, most cycles have a reason as to why they has cycles, Mensuration cycle, Human food chain, salt water oceanic conveyor, jail, life.

All of which have a reason as to why they happen, and results either way if something needs to be balanced/ released.

think about it.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
According to what I heard on the television, (and saw the guy talking) volcanic activity has gone up 300% in the last 2,000 years, guy did not say how he new, so I'm taking his word for it, considering the amount of volcanic activity there is now, perhaps he's right?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The times come to accept this might be the end, I'm ready for whatevers about to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join