It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Keeps Tapping Me On My Leg?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Last night I had just gotten into bed with my wife,when I had experienced something very strange.My wife was already sound asleep,and I was close to dozing off ,when all of a sudden I feel someone or something tap me on my leg.
Now I tried to think nothing of it ,but after about minute I feel another tap on my leg.I was thinking that maybe it was my wife,so I move the leg that was being tapped right next to my wifes leg.We were both under the covers as this is happening.

Again I tried to put it out of my mind,and go to sleep.When again another tap on the leg,but this time it was a little bit harder.The thing was is that I could actually hear something tapping me on the leg,on top of the covers of our bed.Now this tapping was happening on my lower ankle of my left leg.

There was another tap and then a fifth one which was more strong than the others.Finally I had enough.,so I woke up my wife and told her what was going on.She thought it was very strange and noticed that I was very annoyed by this.

She told to me to try and relax and go back to sleep.So as we were trying to go back to sleep .I get another tap on my leg.This time on my lower thigh.I wasn´t really scared by this ,just really annoyed.All I wanted was good night sleep.

Finally we lit a candle in our room, and fell asleep.In my 43 years of sleeping at night,I have never experienced anything like this.I have had many paranormal experiences ,but nothing like this.

I would like to know if any of you have experienced something like this.And to the experts,do you believe this was something paranormal or not.Thanks.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
When you go for a speedy and long walk your legs tap for some reason, maybe this is the reason behind the tapping of your leg. It's either that or your body is playing with you, due to a un-normal experience during the day?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I used to have all kinds of weird recurring visions and dreams as a child. Strange sleepwalking experiences etc.

It's all very interesting thinking back on it now. Sometimes I still ponder on what the relevance of it all might have been... but I digress..

What I really want to know it, did the tickling ever get higher than your thigh? Then I think your wife might owe you an explanation hehe

edit on 3-4-2012 by HIWATT because: add

edit on 3-4-2012 by HIWATT because: sellping

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Do you own a cat?

Many years ago in a factory where I used to work, I would feel someone tapping on my shoulder. When I turned around there was no one there. This happened a number of times and to others as well. Never did find out what that was all about. Seems that the place was haunted.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It's more than likely a myoclonic jerk.
In the setting you presented, you were more than likely falling asleep, and started having small, but rhythmic contractions in your leg.

Sleep myoclonus occurs during the initial phases of sleep, especially at the moment of dropping off to sleep. Some forms appear to be stimulus-sensitive. Some persons with sleep myoclonus are rarely troubled by, or need treatment for, the condition. However, myoclonus may be a symptom in more complex and disturbing sleep disorders, such as restless legs syndrome, and may require treatment by a doctor.

NIH page on myoclonus twitching.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies so far.Now believe me even though I believe in the paranormal,I try to debunk everything.It´s just that the tapping was on top of the covers, and I could actually hear the sound of the fabric and my leg being tapped.I do not own a cat or any pets,or have rodents in my apartment.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sounds creepy!

You say it was tapping from on top of the covers. Did you see an indentation on the cover or was it too dark?

It stopped when you turned the light on?

No idea. I was thinking muscle twitch but I'm sure you know the difference between a twitch and a tap.

Keep us updated if it happens again. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
well friend you wouldn't like living at my house! i wake up to all kinds of crazy stuff.
some thing knocking at my door at 3 AM. i get up to see whats up,theres nothing there.
thumping on the floor coming up from the basement i can actually feel. no one lives down stairs. i actually live alone.i hear a little girl scream at nite sometimes or i hear her laugh in the day.
my advice to you is what i do when it gets too much,i yell and demand it to leave me alone,and this is not a game!
most of the time this works but some times not.
it may well be muscle spasms but by your description i don't think so.
if you have children or pets check out how they are acting. they will feel it too.
good luck with your situation!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I believe you as I've had similar experiences. Right after I've fallen asleep I've been awaken by something on top of the covers poking me or shaking my bed. Maybe you have a "night owl" ghost like me?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Yes ,my wife and I said few prayers lit a candle and fell asleep.I am quite sure it wasn´t any type of muscle twitch or spasm.Some of these taps were quite strong like someone or something wanted to get my attention, or perhaps piss me off.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Have you thought about "restless leg syndrome"? or if you leave your cell phone on vibrate and its left in your pocket, people often develop "phantom vibrations" where it feels like your phone is vibrating, even if it's not in your pocket anymore. Just a couple suggestions.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by November5th

This incident reminded me of something similar that happened when I was still in highschool.

I wasn't much of a prayer back then, but I'd intend on praying before I go to sleep and sometimes forget. This one time, I did the same thing, I was sleeping in my room all alone and had forgotten to go pray even though I had every intention to. I went to bed with my legs crossed and just as I was about to doze off, I felt someone hit my leg which was on top. The force was strong enough to trip my leg off and wake me up. It wasn't painful though. And when I jumped out of bed with that sensation I looked around in my room and there was no one there, then I remembered the prayer I had intended on so I thought: hmm, I guess thats a message for me to get up then! LOL

Anyway, that never happened again. But I think what you might be experiencing is someone warning you or just messing with you. Either one could be true.
edit on 3-4-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

people often develop "phantom vibrations" where it feels like your phone is vibrating, even if it's not in your pocket anymore.

Really?

It makes sense. I'm not saying it's what is happening here but it's just a crazy thought.

How dependent we are on technology is scary. Do we own it or does it own us? (AC/DC "Who Made Who" starts playing.....fade to black.)

edit on 3-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Have you experienced being touched while sleeping before? I get that frequently, even indents on the bed and covers moving at times. But then there is ufology involved. Also, there are entities and bottom feeders. Have you ever experienced buzzing vibrating touch? My friend and I have discussed this alot, and he also experienced that, along with suggesting that the buzzing kind of touch was energy syphoning by those astral type feeders.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The budgies from higher up

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

Perhaps a Troll entered my room last night and now this thread?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Wow yeah i would be way more scared than annoyed lol. I dont have an explanation for you but i experienced something similar last night. I was laying in bed watching tv and my hair was in a ponytail and something tugged on my hair and i even felt the top of my pillow being pressed down.

Also similar experience that i had that was not paranormal was that i had done a lot of exercises in gymnastics and my muscles were sore. Then the next day in class my shoulder muscle was twitching and it felt exactly like someone was tapping on my shoulder.
edit on 4-4-2012 by eyesontheskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Wow if that kind of stuff happened to me i would move away. Im way to chicken to stay in a house with ghosts lol

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

your not alone, i have been getting this quite alot the past 6 months. I can sense it when it enters the room and sure enough within 10 minutes its tapping me why i try sleep. Sometimes it doesn't bother me, but other times i'm quite disturbed by it.
I usually just ask my spirit guide to clear the room and that usually solves the problem.

But being on your legs, i would probably say its just a muscle thing. their quite common. When you start getting the taps on the shoulder and your head let me know! lol
edit on 4-4-2012 by hoonsince89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
OP, Pardon the Pun, but I feel yah.

I have had these anomalous experiences for years. As a result, I am steeped in Paranormal Knowledge, and Fringe Science Knowledge. When the two came together for me with Faith studies...and after years of contrast and compare. I came to a conclusion or 2. The Unseen is Intelligent, and it likes to be pesty. Also, It may or may not be your own spirit guide, I use "Spirit Guide" loosely. I suspect there is life there, but not bound by our current understanding of physics.

If it persists, address it directly. No harm in that. If you want to be a sonofagun, ask it to sit and pray to God with you. I like turning the tables on the pesty ones. It clears the room of unwanted "Things."

Good luck my friend.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join