It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powell says US has no plans to attack Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The United States has no plans to attack Iran to thwart what it claims is the Islamic republic's pursuit of nuclear weapons, but has not formally ruled out any options to deal with the matter, US Secretary of State Colin Powell said Wednesday.
Instead, Powell told reporters that Washington and its allies were concentrating on a diplomatic and political route to force Iran to come clean about and abandon the alleged program within the auspices of the UN system.

"I'm not aware of any plans to attack Iran," he told reporters on the sidelines of the annual session of the UN General Assembly. "Every nation has all options available to it.

www.spacewar.com...

Now, here's the quote I found important to point out

"I'm not aware of any plans to attack Iran,"

So is Powell telling the truth or is he lying? Or could it be that he's being kept out of the loop? I respect Powell more than most of the leaders in Washington. What do you think regarding Powell's words?

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
"I'm not aware of any plans to attack Iran," he told reporters on the sidelines of the annual session of the UN General Assembly. "Every nation has all options available to it.

i'm more curious about "Every nation has all options available to it"

is this his way of saying the US won't get in israel's way if they choose to attack?

anyway, saying there are no plans to attack means just that. It doesn't mean that the idea isn't being tossed around. It doesn't even mean strategies are not being worked out. He may not be lying, but it could be one of those semantic things.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
but those Bunker buster bombs sold this week will.........

1st week of Novemeber 2004

new topics

join