It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

face it there will never be a one world govorment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That's what I like to hear!

God bless. Fight the machine!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

I honestly think we need a one world government. We need to come together as a race, the human race. No more wars and everyone working together to better humanity. If we were a one world government from the start we would be light years ahead of our time in technology and human existence.

That isn't what we need - we need to sort ourselves out psychologically and sociologically before anything else. The way current societies work - even if everyone answered to one central government there'd be civil wars and infighting all the time. How can you expect citizens of every country, with their own paradigms and values, to answer to one single authority?

The one world government scares people because of corrupt government we have now.

That's quite a simplistic way to phrase it. Over-centralisation, in my book, is always a bad thing - it puts too much power into the hands of too few people. The idea of a few people controlling blanket policies for the entire planet is what scares people. For if they did decide to implement a more fascist system and had the means to do so, the entire world would be in trouble - not just one country or community.

Moreover, we would lose diversity and generations down the line - if the whole planet was living under an oppressive system, they'd have no other lifestyle to compare theirs to - much like the North Korean public.

but in order for that to happen I think a catastrophic event would have to happen where our traditional government would not be able to keep leading us down this dark path we are on.

That is often how it works - governments often use false flag attacks and fear to get the public to cry for daddy and run to them for help.

The human race needs a kick in the arse, people need rules and regulations.

I disagree. From an ideological perspective, the fewer rules and regulations we need to entice humans into acting civil, the better. Rules and regulations are negative, they simply deter people from certain actions because they are afraid of being caught and the consequences of that - it relies on egoism. Whereas, grooming a society that does good for the sake of it in itself is what we should really be striving for.

<< 1   >>

join