It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing children's cartoon, banned from TV

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This is based on elements form the stories of Mark Twain..This to me is some deep stuff for a kids cartoon
What freaks me out is the mask. He has no identity of his own.

What is your name?

Satan

Who are you?

No one

The scene is from the 1985, animated film, "The Adventures of Mark Twain". In someways its creepy but beautiful piece of work.. peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
When i saw the name of the title and before clicking on the thread, i knew the cartoon would be The Adventures of Mark Twain. This cartoon is indeed very creepy.
edit on 2-4-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That would of scared me really bad if it was on when i was a kid.

edit on 2/4/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aktulu
When i saw the name of the title and before clicking on the thread, i knew the cartoon would be The Adventures of Mark Twain. This cartoon is indeed very creepy.

Wow, I was just about to say that.
This has to be my favorite clip from one of my favorite "cartoons" from one of my favorite authors.
More people should watch this.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
That would of scared me really bad if it was on when i was a kid.

edit on 2/4/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

This cartoon would have given me nightmares as a kid the whole thing is strange...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

holy crap... before the war on mental exploration tools, people were free to write this crap down, strangely alluring in it's surrealism.. definitely comes from the mind of a man free to explore....

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Ah, phoohy. Kids need some cartoon induced nightmares every now and then. Otherwise, whats the point of childhood.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Originally posted by Aktulu

Wow, I was just about to say that.
This has to be my favorite clip from one of my favorite "cartoons" from one of my favorite authors.
More people should watch this.

If you want more people to see it a star or flag would bump it along
I have never seen this cartoon before i was like wow..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

holy crap... before the war on mental exploration tools, people were free to write this crap down, strangely alluring in it's surrealism.. definitely comes from the mind of a man free to explore....

Im glad you liked it ..I give it that its alluring ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That was pretty intense!!!
I dunno about anyone else, but after watching that I'm gonna call it a night!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Ah, phoohy. Kids need some cartoon induced nightmares every now and then. Otherwise, whats the point of childhood.

Oh sure every kid should watch this kinda cartoon then go to bed screaming
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240
That was pretty intense!!!
I dunno about anyone else, but after watching that I'm gonna call it a night!

Sweet Dreams
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
that cartoon is awesome and there needs to be more like it. cartoons lack real creativity now a days, and that cartoon was full of classic creativity inspired by mark twains craziness.

ever see modern cartoons? that should be what this post is about because modern cartoons are absolute crap and incredibly disturbing. my little pony for example...its teaching young boys that its ok to be femine and play with girl toys. theres many other examples, but in the end of the day...mark twains adventures are far from scary and creepy.

you may just not be very open minded.

only reason that cartoon was banned was because of scared parents and religious groups, if it was banned at all.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
This has been posted before. No doubt it's extremely creepy.

I was expecting to see this exact Satan video, or this one...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Heh. Up late (early) and I'm bored, so I'll give this thing a chance on Youtube, even though I'm not really a claymation fan. This seems better than most so far. I am a Mark Twain fan, so this will either charm or madden me, depending!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
that cartoon is awesome and there needs to be more like it. cartoons lack real creativity now a days, and that cartoon was full of classic creativity inspired by mark twains craziness.

ever see modern cartoons? that should be what this post is about because modern cartoons are absolute crap and incredibly disturbing. my little pony for example...its teaching young boys that its ok to be femine and play with girl toys. theres many other examples, but in the end of the day...mark twains adventures are far from scary and creepy.

you may just not be very open minded.

only reason that cartoon was banned was because of scared parents and religious groups, if it was banned at all.

Thats why i had no idea this cartoon was even around my parents were religious and there is now way they were going to let me watch that cartoon and i don't think many would let there kid watch it even now they might but i think this is a bit to much for a little kid..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This movie was Awesome! Not only was it the 1st full feature live action movie, It starred James Whitmore as the Voice of Mark Twain. I had a bootleg copy of this in the early 90's and we would all sit around (nudge nudge, wink wink) and watch this.
The movie wasn't really banned from T.V. so much as they left out the scene with "The Stranger" on some showings.

Thanks for reminding me of this gem!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I didn't think that was very creepy just doing yoga exercises for a show or did i miss something?
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This is extremely old and i'm surprised people are still talking about it. Honestly it shouldn't be banned from TV. It's not even scary and if anything its more educational the most of the crap they spew out these days. They should air this on Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network rather then iCarly and whatever else crappy shows they have on these days. I miss good quality shows... this was definitely a show that was good quality.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
This movie was Awesome! Not only was it the 1st full feature live action movie, It starred James Whitmore as the Voice of Mark Twain. I had a bootleg copy of this in the early 90's and we would all sit around (nudge nudge, wink wink) and watch this.
The movie wasn't really banned from T.V. so much as they left out the scene with "The Stranger" on some showings.

Thanks for reminding me of this gem!

"The Stranger"was creepy he should have been left out lol..I'm glad it brought back memorys.peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join