It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is not Precious...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You threw me for a loop with this one,Get Ready.........

First,I would like to say,I believe life is Precious. I believe EXISTENCE is Precious.

"To be or not to be"............

Just being able to "think" is Precious.

Being able to "see" is Precious.

Being able to "smell" is Precious.

If everyone would embrace,life,as Precious,our World would be a whole lot better.

Like you said,It should be...........

S&F

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
By western Christian values it is,but by a might makes right mentality say ,Wahabists,North Korea or Pol Pot,to name a few.This is a weakness to be exploited.
I would say it is the choice of the individual.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

...The more time one spends on ATS, or watching cable news, or playing video games, or watching movies, or working or visiting a hospital, or being involved in government or law enforcement or military, or even reading religious text or history, or studying sociology or psychology, or becoming educated in any means, including science or philosophy, no matter what one spends their time doing….. it becomes more and more clear that life is not precious. In fact, life is common, mundane, and insignificant...

holy crap getready - if this is how you sound when you're happy...

:-)

glad to hear you're feeling so swell, but if you wouldn't mind - and just for grins: WTH?

in other words - what's up with your OP?

Well, I think the point of the OP, although I'm not sure it had a point to begin with, but I think my point was that we have to give our life more preciousness. We have to protect it, and fight for it, and live intentionally instead of just letting life pass us by.

I think there is an affliction these days of people being bored, or waiting for something to happen, or living for the weekend instead of living for today. I think there is too much suicide, too much pain killers, too much anti-depressants, and way, way too much murder and abuse. The general public seems to have lost sight of what it means to be alive. When I look around, I see so much waste, and it makes me think life is no longer precious to people.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Life is how we perceive it.

Namaste, GRA you're someone I respect on these boards.

Thank you! And the same to you!

Yes, life is how we perceive it, but I'm afraid some people don't even take the time to realize they have a life. They don't perceive it at all, they just get through it like they are in some hurry to get to the end.

I will say, for everyone that has asked what's up with my OP...... I'm not depressed, but I did lose an uncle to cancer, another uncle to suicide in the same month, and my very best friend and somewhat of an idol to me is currently fighting with every ounce of his being to beat a cancer where the prognosis gives him almost no chance. He wants to live. He calls me crying just about every other day. He went from a linebacker at FSU and a constant yes man, and a hero to all that want to know how to live, to all of a sudden being a rundown, emotional wreck, and he wants nothing more than to be able to enjoy his life the way he used to. He probably has more life experience in his 30 years than most people could get out of 2 lifetimes, but that is no reason for the universe to cut him short. T.O.'s Story.

I could write all day, probably fill a novel on the fun he has had and the people he has met just by being himself, including meeting Mike Tyson and crying together just last week. He has dragged me into situations unheard of for normal folks, and he does it all just by living his life without reservations. I may write his memoirs for him, because the stories are truly unbelievable.

Maybe this is weighing on my mind, and maybe it is making me resentful of the people just coasting through and wasting their own lives. It wasn't a conscious cause and effect, but it is perhaps the underlying motivation.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You reminded me of a video that has been shared on ATS a couple of times, and it is in This Motivational Thread. The Power of Words, and it has to do with the preciousness of just seeing the day.

"To be or not to be" that is the question, but I hope people start realizing "to be" means doing it on purpose. Doing every task with vigor, and experiencing every moment like it might be their last, and loving everyone like they might never see them again.

Here's the video...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Write the book. Write an angry book. Pour your rage into the pages.

If it's real then it's valid.

Dylan Thomas once wrote a poem.

DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO
THAT GOOD NIGHT
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

edit on 21-4-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

lolololol is what i have to say...

is this a troll? no sht we can lose alot n not effect the mass but for every person that dies, there is family and loved ones who will seriously mourne ea and every person that passes.

for instance today your whole family could be whiped out by this "demon" we wouldnt care but u will...

or the "demon" can be cruel and sadistic and take 1 member ea day for 6 straight years... friends included...

we wouldnt care... you would.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by blupblup

That last part is a spiritual concept that comes from the belief that we are all equal and all connected. Without that spiritual part, then someone could get all they can out of this existence without regard for anyone else.

Yeah but I don't believe in God... and I believe all people are equal and connected.
I believe there are things we just don't know yet, we're discovering new things all the time related to connectivity and reality and perception.

Just because I don't believe in god, doesn't make me any less caring, emotional, empathetic or curious about people, life, existence.... what does it all mean... why do we do the things we do.

All of it.

I think too many people think if someone doesn't believe in god or a god... that that's it... they don't ever think outside the box or think about paranormal things, or deep and meaningful things or challenging things.

I actually think it's the opposite.

God & religion STOPS you thinking about all of these things objectively and honestly... you already have the answers, "God did it" .

What is there to think about? "God made everything, god does things that we don't understand and nor should we try..."

"The lord works in mysterious ways"

Metaphysics and Philosophy.... people have written for years about existence, meaning of life... etc.
It allows a much more honest and objective search and understanding when you're not clouded with the limitations and nonsense of religion and religious dogma.

Obviously you think you would go mad and crazy if you thought you only had one life and their were no consequences and so on... you don't think you'd be able to "behave" or whatever.
But to me, that makes no sense.

Every moment is precious when this may be all you have... why would you spend it making enemies or hurting people...or not caring or wasting your life?

Makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

The math is incomprehensible to the human mind just in the body , now think about the Known Universe's.
edit on 22-4-2012 by KingArthur because: addition

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yeah but I don't believe in God... and I believe all people are equal and connected.

I don't believe in some personified deity sitting on a cloud either. If you believe all people are connected then that is a sort of a god. It is a pervasive spirit that runs through all things. You and I probably believe similarly.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
If you believe all people are connected then that is a sort of a god. It is a pervasive spirit that runs through all things.

I don't see connectedness and God as being related.
Obviously "God" is just a word you're using to describe something mystical and indescribable... I get that, not a dude sat on a cloud.

But I still think it's the wrong description.

I think eventually we will come to understand much more about our existence and our relationship, connection, bond and understanding of our fellow beings.

Even things like why some people can "feel" and pick up on certain things... why some people can hear/feel thoughts of others...

Plus more mundane stuff.

You and I probably believe similarly.

I would imagine so... and I think if given time and enough reason to consider and think about things, many people would think a certain way and see things the same.

Too many divisions and reasons not too.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join