It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Miracles of the Quran ( Embryology 14 centuries ago )

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
the next time they come to try to kill and erase Jesus the crowd is going to bum-rush the whole joint I can almost guarantee that... the Faithful will not let it happen again! but the war is on!
That's all we need, more wars. Maybe these religious people will obliterate themselves so that we don't have to deal with them anymore, and can finally have peace.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

"That's all we need, more wars. Maybe these religious people will obliterate themselves so that we don't have to deal with them anymore, and can finally have peace."

Well said mate, hope you mean organised religious people though, coz everone has got to believe in something at sometime if even for a moment eh?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Okay things are getting to off-topic, I've pretty much ended the discussion here. I had a great discussion with Monsatan, and I think I need to learn more, I think Monsatan needs it to. We all need it.
Sorry guys but you guys are just confusing, I want mod to lock this. It's creating an online conflict.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim

No its not mate, this is one of the first threads i have been in regarding different religions thats not degenerated into racist drival. And you are one of the first Muslims i have spoken with that atleast can have a discussion with that dont turn nasty! I say we keep it going.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Lol, I thought this discussion was going good.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Fine lol, I'm not going to be so active because I don't get where you guys are at and what you're ´fighting´ about. I find it awkward that wherever you go there is someone to ´attack´ you, saying that what you have isn't perfect. Since when were humans ever perfect? Or did I just realize that.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

A bit of realisation never hurts, kind of makes you stop and look around. Think where we could be at if there were no more religious bigotry. Next thing you know were of this rock, away to play at being Gods instead of worshiping them. My bet is that thats when God will turn up, hopefully we will meet as equals! The way that its probobly intended in the first place.
edit on 29-3-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
the next time they come to try to kill and erase Jesus the crowd is going to bum-rush the whole joint I can almost guarantee that... the Faithful will not let it happen again! but the war is on!
That's all we need, more wars. Maybe these religious people will obliterate themselves so that we don't have to deal with them anymore, and can finally have peace.

jolly gosh are you even in this debate? it would implicate that you have fallen for something that is not your doctrine of self indulgence.

we've come along way my friend...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Yes because the only reason there is war is because of religion... that makes sense...

Religion is the Excuse that is used to kill, with out it we would still kill, we would just find something else to blame it on.
edit on 29-3-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
We have come a long way eh? I say we sorts out all the problems in the middle east here and now, lol. Naw but its nice that we have had 5 pages and still no pure mad racist rants.........Touch wood. Maybe we should get all the politicians on ATS to sort out there differences. I predict that would probably start WWIII live here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Yes because the only reason there is war is because of religion... that makes sense...

Religion is the Excuse that is used to kill, with out it we would still kill, we would just find something else to blame it on.
I agree, we would still kill. So, how do we solve this problem?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Originally posted by ImaMuslim
Your claims are false. If the Quran contained that many errors as you mention, scientists would have never become muslims.

Religious indoctrination does amazing things, Im sure you would admit that the bible has many contradictions yet there are still plenty of scientists who are Christian.

And you also have to take into account the fact that if your born a Muslim you dont really have the option of converting, I live in a Muslim country and more than half the "Muslims" I know arent actually Muslim but are to scared to say otherwise due to the fact their families would ostracise them and worse they could face jail time or even floggings!!!!!!!

And I live in a tolerant moderate Muslim country

When religion has to rule by fear, it isnt a religion imo.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

"When religion has to rule by fear, it isnt a religion imo."

Religion has allways ruled by fear. Fear of a god that if you dont do as he/she/it says you and yours will be punished. Just from that fact alone religious persecution begins to grow. Next people question, are there neighbours doing as they do? If not war usualy ensures and one neighbour inilates the other and then subduegates the remainder. 100 years later its your turn. What does this teach us? Not a lot if the last 5000 years are anything to go by.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

If we all truly loved each other as a human race, then we wouldn't have this problem imo.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

"When religion has to rule by fear, it isnt a religion imo."

Religion has allways ruled by fear. Fear of a god that if you dont do as he/she/it says you and yours will be punished. Just from that fact alone religious persecution begins to grow. Next people question, are there neighbours doing as they do, if not war usualy begins and one neighbour inilates the other and then subduegates the remainder. 100 years later its your turn. What does this teach us? Not a lot if the last 5000 years are anything to go by.

Maybe you can explain to me how Buddhism oppresses those who practice? While i agree with your sentiment, it is painting all religion with a broad brush and it simpy isnt so. Some people practice Christianity and yes, even Islam and never hate or oppress others. I used to be a Christian, but i did no believe in hell or the devil, thus i did not feel "pressured or feared" into believing.

I do not judge people by their religion, i judge them by their actions. But i guess things are much more black and white to you.

edit on 29-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Sorry man, we had a good little debate, but things change when it hits active new topics. I wish you the best. And yes, I'm always learning as well. Glad I could bring something to the table, even if it made you question a little, which I hope was the case. Questioning can change a mind, or strengthen it's resolve.

Either way, whatever you believe, it doesn't matter. If you do something, do it out of love, that's all that really matters.

Have a good one

,William (which I almost never sign)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I consider my belief system incorporates many aspects of Buddhism. Guess you could say from a buddhist standpoint if you do bad in this life you will have to repay your Karmic debts in your next life, thats still kind of like the way Christian/Muslim/Jewish and other religions say if you dont do as God requires/wishes you and yours will be punished in this life and the next. Also there have been many wars in many buddhist countrys of the years, not allways started by the buddhists i might add.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

maybe the reason there is war is because of the non-believers casting doubt all over the place?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
the truth is Law and you will be punished if you break it guaranteed...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

"maybe the reason there is war is because of the non-believers casting doubt all over the place?"

Believe in what though, to Christians, Muslims, Jews and many others are considered non-believers. to them its us that are the non-believers. Total religious tolerance has got to be a prerequisite before we can have peace on Earth and good will to man kind, dont you think?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join