It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dudley Dorito' UFO Spotted Again Over York, England (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Just saw this, i did a search and couldnt find anything about it on here yet, delete if im wrong plse.

The famous "Dudley Dorito" UFO was spotted again in England, this time over York, as it floated above a forest. What is it? The video, filmed on a bright day and through a thicket of trees, is of exceptional clarity and high quality. The witness is clearly surprised and struggles to keep the unidentified flying object in sight.

Here is a link on the Dudley Dorito UFO Sighting en.wikipedia.org...

This kind of aircraft has been caught on tape several times before, always displaying a curious, off-center dot on the bottom hull of the triangular shape. It glides slowly through the air at low altitude without making a sound. If the video is a hoax, it's an extremely good one. As the UFO slides past, it's obscured by tree limbs and branches. Such an image is extremely hard to accomplish with video editing software and most hoaxers prefer to show objects clear of any hindrance. It's just easier to do.

Maybe its one of "ours" is there a military base near by??

It is possible that the UK military is pioneering a new type of stealth aircraft in secret, and these "Dudley Dorito" sightings are just the cost of testing new designs.

My first thought was it looks like a kite, what do you guys think?

Source
edit on 28-3-2012 by Denied because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
my first thought was that it looks like cgi. with the sharpness of the edges at the wrong angle and the grey targeting circle in the middle it was my second thought as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I tend to look for real-world explanations before even considering CGI, but this one is obvious CGI.

The object only passes behind some of the branches. Pretty sloppy work honestly, considering there are many better CGI hoaxes readily available on YouTube.
edit on 28-3-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
it most likely is one of our's, fylingdales raf base isn't too far from york like!

tr 3b

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

really? without sounding naive i personally thought that if it was cgi its been done very well, as it passes through the branches and trees, if we suppose this is cgi, does anyone actually think its been done well?

i dont think we should just jump on it saying its def cgi yet.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
I tend to look for real-world explanations before even considering CGI, but this one is obvious CGI.

The object only passes behind some of the branches. Pretty sloppy work honestly, considering there are many better CGI hoaxes readily available on YouTube.
edit on 28-3-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

I actually don't think it is CGI - if you go frame-by-frame you will see it actually does pass behind all of the branches, however because of the poor resolution and the lighting conditions many of the smaller branches are not well defined as it is - even before the object is behind them. This is to be expected in the real world.

I'd say though that is likely to be testing of a UCAV, thats all. Some of the latest UCAVs being tested here in the UK have that exact shape - they are no secret, there a articles in publicly available magazines.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by woodnut86

definitely looks like a tr 3b

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OliArtist

The clip starts with church bells and jogging, with the camera pointed downwards... why?

Once the craft gets behind the trunk of the tree, the guy stops filming, even though he was just running in the previous cut. Why didn't he keep moving into a clear path of view?

The branches are there to try and convince the believers that it's not CGI, yet it clearly is for a number of reasons including the above statements/questions.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

I am from York and have absolutely no idea this has even been spotted. There has been absolutely nothing about it in local news - i have just re checked local news sources for the past month and no mentions - therefore i am calling BS.

Nothing military as no nearby air bases any more (there are but only for small fighter training, twin seaters, etc) - nothing jet related or such.

ETA:

York is something of a strange place in that it is so small (for a city) that everyone knows what is going on. For example, local news stories will typically focus on something like new roadworks or disagreements in council meetings or Betty at Number 70 getting a new hip. Something like a possible UFO would have been wrung for all of the journalistic material possible for as long as possible.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woodnut86

RAF fylingdales is a solid state phased array radar. Part of the missile shield. There are no hangers there as far I am aware. Besides its not very secret as you can drive right by it. I've been past it many times on the way to Whitby, North York's.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Is Fylingdales part of the missile shield? I always thought it was part of ECHELON instead? Used to fun there when younger, parking near the gatehouse and then driving off when the came to investigate! Very stupid but quite popular with 17 year olds at the time that had just passed their tests!

As an aside, Menwith Hill is far closer to York and is also far more powerful - crucial part of the new electronic defence system. Everything from tracking missiles to intercepting and monitoring phone calls and emails.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
It seems like 2 different videos put together. One with the church bells then one with what sounds like an American accent on the Camera.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Unfortunately looks like CGI. He's done a great job of rending it behind the branches but as it approaches ever denser limbs ar branches , at .17 sec, he obviously though it was becoming too much work and edited it out.
Watch the video again between 16 -19 secs when the craft disappears rappears slightly further. It's edited there because to continue rending behind that mass of tree would have been extremely hard.
To cap it, why would you stop filming at that point, you would have carried on for a few more seconds at least to see if it reappeared.

edit on 28-3-2012 by HobsonsChoice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Perhaps American, perhaps German. The uploader on YT has several other UFO vids, the most recent one being in Germany the day before this supposed York video. In the Germany video, there is definitely a language other than English being spoken and listened to. Why they kept cranking their weird Euro-rap is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Thanks for the Betty reference, you just made me think of Frank Spencer!

OP I have no idea but it is an unusual clip, whether fake or not. One of the warning signs some mention is that comments are disabled on youtube but someone has copyrighted it according to the info under the vid on youtube.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

It is total BS. The top stories in the local news today revolve around a shopping centre revamping its refurbishment plans and a service for a little girl with a nasty disease. If there was even the remotest possibility of UFO action having occurred, it would be wall to wall here. No one i know has any idea about this even happening.

Then you get onto the actual breakdown of the video - i will leave that to you as you clearly know far more about this stuff than me. Point being though, this can be totally debunked before we even get to that stage.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Sorry i was mistaken its actually part of the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS). The four minute warning.

Mentwith hill is the ECHELON control base.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Thats ok. One of my uncles used to regularly get to paint those golf balls at Fylingdales - his firm had the contract.

Menwith Hill does everything and the security there is far far higher than at Fylingdales. For example, if you wander around the perimeter, guards appear to ask what you are upto. Cameras follow your movements. Thinking about it, as i am writing this, it actually sounds like i have been casing the joint! I promise all TPTB that isn't the case!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

well i had a look for more info on this, looking at past sightings.

Below is a sighting, is this near Dudley still??

Dated Tuesday 13th December 2011

A mysterious triangular UFO dubbed the ‘Dudley Dorito’ has re-appeared in the region’s skies with the latest sighting reported near to a Midlands beauty spot. Property worker Gary Nock and his family were on the car park of the Badgers Sett pub, Hagley, when they saw the distinctive object flying overhead. The 52-year-old said the UFO, a black triangle with white lights at each end, was flying at low altitude from the direction of Birmingham. He said the object had turned silently in the air and they had eventually lost sight of it as it passed over the Clent Hills. Read more: www.expressandstar.com...

www.expressandstar.com...]Video & Source

EDIT TO ADD, THAT HAS TO BE CGI! LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Yeah i think so, no hills called that around here. Actually, very little in the way of hills......unless you count the riverbank?

Good spot still though OP and do not be put off by the debunking. It serves a useful purpose, particularly when something cannot be debunked!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join