It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Trayvon Martin(pics) what the MSM doesent want you to see

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If you're going to go down that route then one can also assume that Martin decided to question Zimmerman as to why he was following him.

Which led to Zimmerman accusing Martin of the recent strings of burglaries that had struck the neighborhood which led to an altercation where Zimmerman did not hesitate to draw out his weapon to shoot and kill Martin.

Hardly self defense when Zimmerman was the one who incited the whole thing

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Nope. Id ask what he was doing and call the cops but theres no reason to attack someone for following you.

Where I come from.. There is... Your mind frame doesn't apply to everyone else....

Just saying..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79

reply to post by MysticPearl

No dork. My point is that the media is manipulating people into believing this was some angelic model young man and that if you take his past into account I would not be surprised to learn he assaulted Zimmerman. I dont care that he was black at all. Ithas no bearing on this case.

So you are saying its ok to execute people just for being suspicious bastards? If someone is a really miserably crappy, selfish human being, you think it is ok to just murder them because they are not an angel?
edit on 25-3-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

This is Domo,we know the intentions. Domo thinks shooting black people is fine because later it will turn out that they were drug dealers.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Im not uncomfortable with people who look different than me or dress different. Trayvons past matters because it shows that he was not an angel. That lends credibility to reports that he attacked Zimmerman. Stop making tnis about race and screaming racist at people who disagree. Youre better than that.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Im not uncomfortable with people who look different than me or dress different. Trayvons past matters because it shows that he was not an angel. That lends credibility to reports that he attacked Zimmerman. Stop making tnis about race and screaming racist at people who disagree. Youre better than that.

So because someone is not an "angel" it shouldn't be such an outrage over them dying??

You're so obviously racist that it's ridiculous. Come on Domo..

You're better than that... At least you used to be...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Zimmermans past was way worse.... wtf are you talking about.....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Thats silly. You know in a court of law there are character witnesses? Past matters. Why are you so into calling me a racist? If Zimmerman was black and Martin white Id feel the same.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Tayvon's past matters only in that Zimmerman didn't know who Tayvon was and all his actions were based on assumptions.

Zimmerman was aware he himself had a gun. Zimmerman was stalking Tayvon. It is safe to say that Zimmerman meditated on this and thought about the possibility of using his gun. He no doubt thought of the possibility that the person was unarmed.Or maybe he didn't. Either way, you don't, or shouldn't just walk away from killing another person be it murder, manslaughter or self-defense.
edit on 25-3-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Yeah he was a bitof a dirt bag.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Going by your hypothetical situation though.

You state that you:

Would follow Martin too, just because of the way he's dressed.

You also say that if he felt the need to attack you that you would also shoot to kill him too.

Well, that would strip you from claiming self defense in a criminal court, which would most likely have you convicted of manslaughter charges.

Opinion Muse... your opinion... I see no legal value in your comment.
IF Mr. Zimmerman was a part of a neighborhood watch, then he had every legal right to follow anyone he believes was suspicious. Suspicious could mean someone or ones not being readily identifiable as 'living in the neighborhood huh? This is what a neighborhood watch means. It isn't a license to shoot first and ask questions later, but Mr. Zimmerman had a legal CCW (according to the news and police?) which gave him every right under the consitution to be armed.
Now IF you were there and saw they incident, then please say so, otherwise you and cannot reasonably ajudge right against wrong in this issue and render a verdict,
I will say however that 'equal force' is accepted by the courts and at the point 'you', or 'I', in a situation where you or I are attacked (a witness has deposed to the grand jury that this 'appears' to be likely) believe a person is either going to kill your or I, or more importantly says something to the effect "I'm going to kill you", or if is my child, my wife, my friend or in many states a comlete stranger, then this person has escalated and changed the rules of the confrontation and the courts will listen to an increase in force on the part of the person threatened.
Again, not a judge as I assume you are not either, and I assume you have only the same information I have seen, and I assume neither of us have legal authority or jurisdiction in the matter, So, as is the rule of law and our society, the grand jury will hear the testimony, review the evidence presented by the appropriate authorities and then decide if there is a LEGAL 'reason' to pursue charges against Mr. Zimmerman, or not.
At this point I can say however that one conclusion can be drawn from the fact that the police department, after their investigation have apparently decided there is either not evidence or not sufficent probable cause to proceed with charges against Mr. Zimmerman.
Respectfully, now you have my opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Thats silly. You know in a court of law there are character witnesses? Past matters. Why are you so into calling me a racist? If Zimmerman was black and Martin white Id feel the same.

Oh come on now Domo, that's not what a man with a mind would get from this post of yours.

Its only racist if a white person does it. Nevermind that white on black crime is almost unheard of. You want to stop burying young black men? Tell their peers to stop killing them.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
For the record if I saw a white kid with those types of clothes on I would have followed him as well. Also before anyone else compares me to zimmerman i said that if i saw him in MY BACKYARD i would follow him. not in a neighborhood

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

If people like the OP are not an example as to why we need a stricter gun control program then I don't know what is.

We dont need stricter gun control laws, we need the media to stop convicting people in the courts of public opinion before they are even tried.

And to the OP, I see your point of how the media is trying to portray Martin as a young child for sympathy. Why dont they just use his current pics? The media tells people what to think and that is what people think. It will never change.

And before anyone calls me racist, I AM NOT, so dont go there. I was raised with a black family who I still love dearly, I have a bi-racial grandaughter and nephew whom I also love dearly. I just think that people should not be so quick to judge just because of what they have heard from the media. Let the judicial system have a chance to work and if Zimmerman is guilty of a crime, he will pay for it. Until then he is an innocent man and Martin is unfortunately dead.

If it comes out in court that Martin was killed in cold blood, then Zimmerman should be treated accordingly, but until the judicial process is exhausted, the public should not be the judge, nor the jury, nor the executioner....

Where was all of your outrage when OJ killed 2 people and walked free? I didnt see the whole country having protests and marches over that. Matter of fact, I remember seeing people supporting him.....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So? Black people are the number one murderers of their own race but a half white guy shoots ablack kid and its a racial outcry? Black on white crime far exceeds white on black. Those are facts. Does the truth make me racist?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

If people like the OP are not an example as to why we need a stricter gun control program then I don't know what is.

We dont need stricter gun control laws, we need the media to stop convicting people in the courts of public opinion before they are even tried.

And to the OP, I see your point of how the media is trying to portray Martin as a young child for sympathy. Why dont they just use his current pics? The media tells people what to think and that is what people think. It will never change.

And before anyone calls me racist, I AM NOT, so dont go there. I was raised with a black family who I still love dearly, I have a bi-racial grandaughter and nephew whom I also love dearly. I just think that people should not be so quick to judge just because of what they have heard from the media. Let the judicial system have a chance to work and if Zimmerman is guilty of a crime, he will pay for it. Until then he is an innocent man and Martin is unfortunately dead.

If it comes out in court that Martin was killed in cold blood, then Zimmerman should be treated accordingly, but until the judicial process is exhausted, the public should not be the judge, nor the jury, nor the executioner....

Where was all of your outrage when OJ killed 2 people and walked free? I didnt see the whole country having protests and marches over that. Matter of fact, I remember seeing people supporting him.....

If it weren't for the media and the public outcry, the judicial system wouldn't take any action against Zimmerman. He was allowed to go home and watch TV and # after he killed that young man remember?

At least OJ was TRIED before he was acquitted..
edit on 25-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

So you're bent out of shape about being called racist, when you start a reply to me by calling me a dork? A little over sensitive are we. Pot, kettle, you know?

We're not talking about law. You keep missing the point which lends to the you're racist argument. No one here is saying Martin was an angel, or upstanding citizen or any of that. What we're saying is it's impossible to know all that before pulling the trigger. He did nothing which warrants a death sentence. You seem to be justifying his death because of what turned up AFTER he was shot.

Arrest him and charge him for any laws broken. That's fine. But you keep arguing because of his history which wasn't know at the time, his death is some how acceptable. You're bending over backwards and really reaching in an attempt to justify the killing. And what if his history was different? Honor roll student. Then all the sudden he wouldn't deserve to be shot? You wouldn't know either way before shooting.

Why can every one else understand this point except you?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Zimmerman's past also lends credibility to him acting recklessly and the possibility that he provoked Martin

link   

So? Black people are the number one murderers of their own race but a half white guy shoots ablack kid and its a racial outcry? Black on white crime far exceeds white on black. Those are facts. Does the truth make me racist?

Well actually, the truth is irrelevant. Black guy shoots black guy, 1 gets buried, 1 goes to jail - 2 lives lost. Zimmerman goes home to do whatever he feels like doing after shooting somebody whom he followed after being told not to............

Se where I'm going with this..?

link   
reply to post by jesiaha

I agree with that.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The whole point of this thread was that the media was being manipulative. I posited that they were making Martin out to be an angel when in fact he seems to not have been. I was actually very upset when I heard about this case and thought Zimmerman a fool for following Martin. I still do. Its still legal. I think Zimmerman was a douche, followed Martin because he looked suspicious (not because of race) Martin asaulted him and Zimmerman shot in self defense. You dont like the law fight to change it but at this point it doesnt appear Zimmerman broke any laws while Martin did.

ETA Dork was a poor choice and Im sorry if it offended. I actually meant it nicely though I doubt youll believe me.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join