It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So NASA says THIS is a "1 millimeter dirt" in the lens of SOHO spacecraft, BUT...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by putnamcrab

Solar flares are radio frequencies... radio frequencies produce heat by induction...

You seem to be confusing a cme (a mild one) with a solar flare.

A solar flare is a release of electromagnetic radiation from the surface of the Sun. The surface of the Sun is not visible in coronograph images. What is visible is the outer regions of the corona. What is seen in the OP's animation is a small CME, the release of plasma from the Sun. You will notice that the fiber becomes brighter when bright parts of the CME pass "over" it. The light from the CME illuminates the fiber just as it illuminates the sensor.

edit on 3/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by putnamcrab
reply to post by ABNARTY

It could be that the object is behind the sun... but still getting hit by CMEs... it could be millions of miles away...

And that object has been precisely following the movement of the satellite for years such that it stays in the same part of the frame no matter how the satellite moves around the Sun. No matter how the satellite rotates. How interesting.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

What? Really? That filter is an H-ALPHA... That is not the spectrum filter that is in SOHO...

Nice try Silly Debunker!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I don't get why NASA claims that anomalous spot is a "1mm speck of fiber"...

Neither do I, but I don't really care. I look at the fact that the object has been in the images from the beginning. To believe the object is in space I would have to understand how and why it moves with Stereo A as it orbits the Sun and does a 180 roll moving the object to the other side of the Sun. Can this be explained in any logical way other than the object is IN the instrument? I don't think so. I'm not going to take the time to learn WHY the object is illuminated the way it is because I already know it's in the instrument.

I still need an explanation about the time delay theory. You chimed in to agree with Mandrake so I assume you know what you're talking about. Why should there be a delay of a few seconds between the light apparently reaching the object and illuminating the object? Can't wait to hear this.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Okay on the differences between CME and Solar Flare...

But the First law of Thermodynamics Energy can not be created nor destroyed... Whatever it is, its...

I guess we really need to know what filter they are using in to know what is happening to that whatever it is... do you know what filter?
edit on 25-3-2012 by putnamcrab because: missing words

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The coronagraphs record white light. Broadband visible light.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Who said The object rotates as soho rotates... Maybe you can show me... i have found that not to be so... please send me a link

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Some of you guys have been reading conspiracy theories for too long

Anyone with half a brain can see it's clearly a fibre on the imaging sensor. Sheesh!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

On the last picture you posted, the anamoly is "lit up" and I see a full circle. I can see a circular object not a crescent one. Like I said, in the last picture when it's "lit up" I can see the entire shape of the anomaly and it appears to me as a circle.

I have no idea what it is though, just something I noticed. I'm leaning toward the official explanations though.

That is your brain filling in missing information thanks to pareidolia effect.
There is no circle there..
edit on 25-3-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

What? Really? That filter is an H-ALPHA... That is not the spectrum filter that is in SOHO..

So what you are saying is this object is only visible if you have a spectrum filter, and not seen by any other filters used by people watching the sun?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

My theory based on induction...

Its the radio frequency of the solar flares that cause induction heating of the objects body or atmosphere...

The frequencies come in waves... some are stronger then others, which gives you the particial to full view of the object.

So before you look really smart by debunking this theory (this only a theory) please do the research and google "Induction Heating" to save yourself from a potentially embarracing moment!

You silly crab,
Your theory based on "induction" is garbage. Unfortunately, it's too late to save yourself from an "embarracing" moment.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Who said The object rotates as soho rotates... Maybe you can show me... i have found that not to be so... please send me a link

Silly bunker. Is SOHO STEREO-A? You haven't seen the object in STEREO-A images for years regardless of STEREO's position? Have you followed this thread or the one it's spun from?

From Phage's post on page 2

And see Chad's post on top of page 2. Goes back to 2006.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Who said The object rotates as soho rotates

It isn't SOHO.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I went to the source images from STEREO A COR2. These are the raw images before any processing is done. It seems that the "illumination" of the fiber is a result of the processing through which the images go to make the details of the corona visible.

3/13/2012 0845

secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A lot of the people here love to jump on the "you can't trust NASA" bandwagon, so why in god's name do you trust NASA to not miss a 1mm fiber in quality control?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

so the sensor is made of something that detects frequencies of some type right?

you say white light right? Its not a lense but a sensor right? So its not going to "see" the light and refract it right? instead it detects the frequency of the light right?... so please elaborate on how a sensor can detect a fibre? is it reading its frequency? and what would cause that fibre to change intensities in frequencies? could that fibre absorb the frequency and change it?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

In this image I can clearly see "The Eye of Enlil". Unmistakable.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

See above.
The fiber casts a shadow on the sensor.
The "illumination" is actually the result of the automatic image processing which makes details of the corona visible.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Phage

so the sensor is made of something that detects frequencies of some type right?

you say white light right? Its not a lense but a sensor right? So its not going to "see" the light and refract it right? instead it detects the frequency of the light right?... so please elaborate on how a sensor can detect a fibre? is it reading its frequency? and what would cause that fibre to change intensities in frequencies? could that fibre absorb the frequency and change it?

The fiber is on the surface of the camera
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This is a small fiber on the surface of the Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) camera for the COR2 telescope on STEREO Ahead. The total length of the fiber is just 1 millimeter. It has been there since launch......
....The position of this fiber on the detector is fixed, and always shows up in the same position in the raw images. However, the processed images on the website include a correction for the spacecraft roll angle so that solar north always points straight up. This causes the position of the fiber to change slightly over the course of the year, or whenever there's a spacecraft roll maneuver.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Why do some of you seem so invested in this being more than a fiber? It's like you desperately want or need it to be something more sinister or alien or whatever. Why?

If someone tells me something is just a fiber on a lens, the last thing I would do is claw and scratch to prove them wrong. Do you guys just like arguing and trying to win arguments or are you so invested in the conspiracy theory realm that you can't accept a mundane explanation?

Seek out some therapy, ferchrissakes.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Perhaps it is the unimaginable amount of lies , and hiding government agencies do, which leads people to speculate otherwise.

Why does it bother you so much that people might try and see if this is just another lie , amongst the billions of others ??

Just saying

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join