It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Rodney ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wow, maybe I should of just named my thread 'John Titor ?' since this is in the prediction and prophecies section. If I would of done that this would of been a hoax because of the name. If you don't like my way of thinking about this subject then simply don't read it. I can guaranteed this thread is going to be a major guideline in what is to come.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
L.A. Times

Look how quickly this became a social issue nationally compared to 1992. Does anyone see where they might go with this story now that we have the President of the United States involved?

Heck for the sake of compare and contrasting now that we have Presidents who are, and were involved lets say George H W Bush spoke to rioters about the issue during the riots in 1992 which was his re-election year. Anyone want to add to that?
edit on 23-3-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Various witnesses report Martin on top of Zimmerman pummeling him. So yeah the media is only telling you what they want you to hear, to steer this into a national debate. So yeah, he was just walking around with iced tea and skittles. Ok but obviously there is a reason the cops didn't arrest him on his claim to self defense as other witnesses submit what they saw and the police did not have enough to arrest him. But instead the media seems to have only told half of the story and they have injected the topic of race and were very dishonest in doing so. If they wanted to make it a race issue they could have at least called him hispanic, but instead they emphasize that he was white and are playing the hate crime defense.

Once and for all this will all come down to gun control, after the civil rights madness ensues.

edit on 23-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

Originally posted by KillerQueen
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Well at least your post gave it more thought...

However, the country is vastly different than it was 2o years ago.

The Rodney King thing went away with time. Not to mention he has been arrested since on several DUI and Drug charges.

The civil rights movement isn't happy with the status quo. They are exploiting this and it will backfire.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

The civil rights movement isn't happy with the status quo. They are exploiting this and it will backfire.

This may help Obama with a possible re-election, especially if this becomes more of a national social issue, and no longer an economical issue. Now its just a matter of time to see if Obama uses the "can't we all just get along phrase,"which was coined by Rodney King himself, to bring the American people back together socially.

Not to mention the fact that back in 1992 the National Guard had to be deployed to minimize the spread of that issue. Is it possible that martial law is going to be used to minimize this issue? I think it is.

The link I am posting made by another fellow ATS below...

Martial Law

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
...Let me break it down.

Trayvon Martin

vs.

Rodney King

Interesting little competition here, but they share NOTHING in common other than skin color. DING, DING, DING... what is this, a boxing match??

...are these two instances really that different when something becomes a social issue where race is involved?

Lots of differences already mentioned earlier by the fine folks here, yet you are not getting it for some reason.

And ‘if’ this does become a major social issue where race is indeed involved. What will happen next, and who will be involved?

Yes it will become a major social issue because the media LOVES to instigate trouble when the aggressor is a non-black.

White folks get jumped, beaten, robbed, raped, and murdered EVERY MINUTE of EVERYDAY by a non-white, but that is simply not news-worthy.

When the 1% of the time that a white is the aggressor (instead of walking away 99% of the time) the news BLOWS it WAY out of proportion. Then folks like YOU keep putting fuel on the fire making odd threads about two totally different folks who share ONLY skin color in their situations.

Thread = fuel for the fire.

Oh, and this white fella is actually a HISPANIC. Better news ratings though to call him a white guy though.

edit on 23-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Lots of differences already mentioned earlier by the fine folks here, yet you are not getting it for some reason.

Yeah, but you and the others aren't looking at the full spectrum of things. All you are doing is nit-picking on the fact that Treyvon Martin had skittles, and Rodney King was a drug addict. I used them both as an example to avoid the racial issue in general since they are both African-American. It seems like my way of thinking is hard for most people to grasp, and comprehend with me.

Interesting little competition here, but they share NOTHING in common other than skin color. DING, DING, DING... what is this, a boxing match??

No its a compare and contrast, audio vs video. Which boils down to what evidence is more convincing in the court of law?

Ding Ding

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

I am not discounting what they are feeling, I just don't want to see this get blown out of control and have another problem. The bad fast I am getting is that I am afraid the whole thing will get turned around and used to strip us from our gun rights and laws that work (stand your ground). This always happens when the liberals can use a tragic situation to further there agenda.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I don't know much about this Trayvon deal, I only caught a few headlines, which may or may not help to prove my point here....

I am old enough to know about and remember Rodney King.

I'm not sure if they're comparable in any way. In my opinion, the only reason there were riots after the King trial, is because they (the rioters) didn't have the whole story (or a whole video), they were driven by incomplete (at best) information. Even other cops thought the ones in question would be found guilty.

No one even considered they might get off.
No one was prepared for or expected a reason for any riots to take place.

While I'm not fully versed on the Trayvon situation, I also wouldn't go out and riot. If people in high places are taking an interest in it, odds are pretty good that 1 or 2 things will happen.

1. More information will be made readily available to the public, the trial will be televised - - - completely opposite what happened in the King case. All we knew was what was being shown us in the video. I imagine they did this in order to protect the integrity of the case... and they generally didn't televise trials at the time. The few details we did hear that were in favor of the police in question (such as Rodney's resistance to arrest and making like he had a gun), weren't enough to make us believe he deserved the beating. We didn't want to know - we love to bash cops as a society. A jury who heard all the evidence, basically said he deserved it.

2. A riot will be planned for, and therefore more contained or controlled if it does happen - - - This is also completely opposite what happened at the end of the King case. As I stated above, even other cops thought the ones on trial would be found guilty. No one was prepared.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I'm not sure if they're comparable in any way.

They are comparable when it comes down to the race issue. Simple as that. The only difference on how this Trayvon Martin story suddenly flourished is because the technology of the internet that we have today. If we had internet back in 1992 the Rodney King issue would of flourished within days as well. I am not comparing their past about their personal lives, but what happened to them that has stirred the controversy. Its just repeating itself over again. This is Obama's year to shine for re-election. I am not a fan of Obama, but I believe something like this could get him re-elected. People need to look at it like that as well.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This,

L.A. Riots Reginald Denny beating

youtu.be...

This is what scares me that innocent people will pay the price, if the rhetoric isn't toned down, you never know who reads these forums.

youtu.be...

I remember watching this happen live, I don't want to see it happen again.
edit on 053131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 053131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What is sad I knew this was going to happen just from me reflecting off that incident in 1992. Yes, a lot of other innocent people were affected. I feel bad for Reginald because his life is not the same anymore, his traumatic brain injuries still affect him to this day.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

What is sad I knew this was going to happen just from me reflecting off that incident in 1992. Yes, a lot of other innocent people were affected. I feel bad for Reginald because his life is not the same anymore, his traumatic brain injuries still affect him to this day.

Yes, they do,

I really thought Americans had gotten passed this,

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I really thought Americans had gotten passed this

Apparently they have not. I just hope this doesn't become an issue where the National Guard has to be deployed again. If you thought L.A. was bad this would be much worse.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'm not sure if they're comparable in any way.

They are comparable when it comes down to the race issue. Simple as that.

Well..... I respectfully disagree to an extent. I know that certain types of profiling and racism is still going on today, but I'd like to think its not so prevalent.

Maybe it was a hate crime, maybe it wasn't. Maybe if I pretended to have a gun and run around in the middle of the street like a nut and resist arrest, cops might beat me down too. I don't think it would matter that I'm female and white.

I also read a few things about Trayvon since I posted in this thread. From what I can see, the only person calling it a racial thing is Al Sharpton. You know it just burns me how many people are shot and killed in Philadelphia on a daily basis, but I don't see Al Sharpton making a huge issue of it - whats his deal anyway? What if Trayvon DID attack Zimmerman? We're talking about a 17 year old boy here. Who knows what he was thinking or what he did or why he did it.

Just consider the possibility that it was Trayvon who turned it into a racial crime. That he saw this fat white dude giving him the evil eye, and decided to try to intimidate him.

Then consider the possibility that if both parties were black, or both parties were white, it might not even have made news.

And finally consider if Al Sharpton just stayed out of it, it might not have made news.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm not saying Zimmerman was right. I'm just saying we might not have all the information we need to make these decisions.

The Sanford Police Department said officers were prohibited from arresting Zimmerman the night of the shooting because physical evidence and testimony supported his claim that he acted in self-defense in accordance with Florida law.

Its all about "stop, look, listen, and use your brain". If more people did that, we wouldn't be worried about riots.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Its all about "stop, look, listen, and use your brain". If more people did that, we wouldn't be worried about riots.

Its about being prepared, and exposing the MSM lies. That is all I am doing. I am using facts from a past event and plugging them into this scenario because it seems relevant when it is Obamas re-election year.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
When they keep harping on like this then you know the MSM machine is in overdrive.
Somebody has a new agenda to indoctrinate...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The situations are only alike in the fact that they have a racial angle. I think the outrage would be even more severe if Zimmerman was white istead of Hispanic.

I have also been wondering if this will result in wide-scale rioting like the Rodney King case, because as mentioned, this case is more unjust if in fact Trayvon was killed in cold blood. Of course whether or not it was self-defense or cold-blooded murder, angry mobs have already convicted Zimmerman and are out for blood. There was even small riots during the Oscar Grant case and the cop had actually been arrested.

The thing that makes me the most angry is that 'racism' or injustice only causes massive outrage when it is done against blacks. There was no uproar last year when dozens of black people viciously attacked random white people at a Wisconsin state fair. There were 911 calls released and everything, yet it's still not enough for anyone to even raise an eyebrow. It's sickening.

<< 1   >>

join